Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 12:18   #1771
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Wish there are more traffic cops deployed near the Lotus junction, where the cars take a slight diversion to move onto the Coastal Road. Also, there is just one signage denoting the Coastal Road, on top of that signal and that too not prominent enough. It was pure madness today morning for the rest of us who wished to head straight toward Haji Ali and beyond. If this junction is not manned well, this is going to devolve into sheer chaos during peak hours, defeating the very purpose of the Coastal Road; albeit just the south-bound direction is operational as of now. The real success of the Coastal Road can be measured only once the entire project, in totality, is thrown open to the public. Hope the revised deadline of May 2024 is not pushed further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th March 2024 at 00:29. Reason: Editing out unwanted bits. Please avoid stirring up a controversy when none exists.
Old 12th March 2024, 19:46   #1772
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Wish there are more traffic cops deployed near the Lotus junction, where the cars take a slight diversion to move onto the Coastal Road. It was pure madness today morning for the rest of us who wished to head straight toward Haji Ali and beyond.
Surprisingly did not encounter much traffic at Lotus signal today morning. But there was a 1km long jam on Worli Seaface southbound at Madhav Thackeray Chowk to get onto Coastal Rd which requires you to make a double u-turn, while another 2km long jam on Worli Seaface northbound to accommodate the southbound traffic! It was chaos. Maybe thats the reason timings have been further revised upto 5pm now as its going to be quite a task since in the evening majority of the traffic heads towards the Sealink!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 20:09   #1773
BHPian

Had a lovely drive on Sunday. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete a 65km run.
I started from Kurla Phoenix marketcity, got on the Eastern Express Highway, from there to the Eastern freeway which connected me to the Atal Setu and came back to Wadala.
Absolute bliss !
Old 25th April 2024, 13:18   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Re: Deteriorating roads of Maharashtra

For those who don’t know yet about the new traffic nightmare roads thanks to even more construction/repair work undertaken in the city. Took me 90 mins to drive from Borivali to Powai on a Sunday evening

Mumbai Traffic-35f5052eec864f309b5096d6d712028d.jpeg

Mumbai Traffic-9490af6625d64641b99c9e95edba84c2.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 13:40   #1775
BHPian

After spending 27 years of my life in Borivali, I have finally decided to move out of the city for good. The catalyst for this move was a few months I got to spend in Surat, which opened my eyes to what pathetic roads we have in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
For those who don’t know yet about the new traffic nightmare roads thanks to even more construction/repair work undertaken in the city.
The lane closure on JVLR is right opposite my office, and it took me 2 hours to reach there from Borivali on Monday morning. I have decided to WFH for the foreseeable future.

The less said about the stalled work of Akurli subway widening, the better. I have not seen a single worker working on this part of the road for a few months, and it always is a 45 min to 1 hour brawl to get through this patch once you get on the WEH at Goregaon/Jogeshwari.

Cheers
TheDarkKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 15:11   #1776
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Took me 90 mins to drive from Borivali to Powai on a Sunday evening
Was crawling in 1st gear for about 45mins at around 10am on JVLR towards EEH due to the road work near L&T Powai ! The alternate route suggested by Mumbai Police is SCLR. Just earlier this week it took me 1hr from NESCO to Vakola Flyover! The Janata Subway work on Jogeshwari WEH is another bottleneck with the Traffic Wardens doing a terrible job in adjusting the barricades during off-peak hours. Its going to get worse once the Monsoon starts!
Old 25th April 2024, 16:10   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
After spending 27 years of my life in Borivali, I have finally decided to move out of the city for good. The catalyst for this move was a few months I got to spend in Surat, which opened my eyes to what pathetic roads we have in the city.

The lane closure on JVLR is right opposite my office, and it took me 2 hours to reach there from Borivali on Monday morning. I have decided to WFH for the foreseeable future.

The less said about the stalled work of Akurli subway widening, the better. I have not seen a single worker working on this part of the road for a few months, and it always is a 45 min to 1 hour brawl to get through this patch once you get on the WEH at Goregaon/Jogeshwari.

Cheers
I moved out of Kandivali Thakur Village after spending 22 years of my life there because I just gave up on the Western Express Highway. Driving had just become a torture. I contemplated moving a few times but held back. The inconvenience I had to go through during dads bypass surgery was the final nail in the coffin to move out.

I shudder to think of what happens to patients in a medical emergency. My heart used to go out those in ambulances stuck on the WEH.

While we initially thought of moving to Vile Parle, the parking facilities were a downer even though the apartments were nice.

We finally explored a little further, and finally ended up buying a new home in Sewri. I have to say everything has become just so convenient in terms of commute. Fort, Churchgate is just 15 minutes away and even Bandra is close now. The Sealink has become irrelevant to me.

Overall very happy with our decision. Even the folks are happy.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks