Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 14:00   #691
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

Today morning, Western Express Highway was jammed packed once again. 12 kms jouney from Malad West to SEEPZ took 1 hour on my bike, just imagine how long it would have taken in car.

Since start of monsoons, Western Express Highway is slow moving practically everyday in morning & evenings. With no new roads planned, I really worry about the traffic situation on this stretch after 2 / 3 years.

Is this recent increase in traffic jams on WEH only my personal experience or everyone here feels the same?

I am sorry for sounding so negative, but the traffic situation in western suburbs is really going from bad to worst. Add to this the pathetic conditions of roads due to potholes.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh,

I am on our side. The WEH is becoming a night mare. Same here took me 2 hours to reach Powai from Borivali. I checked on Traffline and the WEH was showing 'RED' right from Borivali to somewhere around South bound exit of Andheri flyover. And to this add the potholes and you have a road which is not at all motorable. A sorry state of affairs in a city which boasts itself as the Financial capital of this country.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 1st August 2013, 14:46   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I am on our side. The WEH is becoming a night mare. Same here took me 2 hours to reach Powai from Borivali.
Hello All,

I just came to know from a Whatsapp group that WEH is still jammed from Malad West to Andheri Fly-over. Not believing the news I checked traffic on Google maps & was surprised to see the below:

Mumbai Traffic-untitled.jpg

WEH is dead slow moving right from today morning till now (1445 hours). Does anybody has any idea on this traffic jam since last 6 hours?

Is it because of some road repair work or accident or just because of pot holes?

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 1st August 2013 at 14:47. Reason: Typo
Old 1st August 2013, 16:15   #693
BHPian

Weh is still Jammed up, am at hub mall right now, came from bkc, now going back. It seems it extends from the hub mall upto the airport. 4:10.

Edit - will try diverting via mahakali or poonam nagar.

Last edited by latentpotential : 1st August 2013 at 16:18.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:46   #694
Senior - BHPian

Aarey Road has gone real real bad. The potholes in few places are being filled up by - stones, just loose stones and nothing else.

Pay 15 bucks and have a rocking ride, quite literally.

Furthermore, the attendants are now taking 10 bucks, give a smile and say, go - its ok. Cheating / corruption at all levels. I firmly refused, paid 15 bucks and asked for the ticket. How do i report this and where?
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:27   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Aarey Road has gone real real bad. The potholes in few places are being filled up by - stones, just loose stones and nothing else.

Furthermore, the attendants are now taking 10 bucks, give a smile and say, go - its ok. Cheating / corruption at all levels. I firmly refused, paid 15 bucks and asked for the ticket. How do i report this and where?
Report this to the cbi. They'll probably give the toll booth guys a clean chit. :-P

Sorry. On a serious note, toll booth corruption needs to be tackled big time. Yesterday, on the uran road, a big truck in front of me was allowed through without paying any toll. When I asked the booth attendant why he didn't pay any toll, he said they had a "setting", whatever that means.

Anyway, if you really want to report this, contact the acb although not sure they'll do anything about it.

Also, speaking of toll, I've been getting to the office by about 10 this last week and today I discovered that it's faster to drive to town via good old mahim than on the sealink during the morning and evening peak hours.

Yes the top speed is nowhere near even 50 kmph but it is constantly moving unlike the sealink where I spend 45 minutes trying to get to the toll booth.

Today, I was at my office in lower parel from bandra in 30 minutes despite the rain.

Last edited by djpeesh : 2nd August 2013 at 00:37.
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:46   #696
BHPian

South bound traffic on the WE Highway created a sort of records today. Traffic just before the Andheri flyover started building up from 8:10 in the morning and it was chocked till about 7:30 p.m. The situation was super ugly today. I have a dubious distinction of being able to see this ugly piece of road from my window and I simply abhor the way in which cars are running bumper to bumper for hours.

My wife has a habit of keeping a tab on the traffic and she told me that at the max she has seen traffic till 3:00 but then today was a new record!
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:34   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
WEH is dead slow moving right from today morning till now (1445 hours). Does anybody has any idea on this traffic jam since last 6 hours?

Is it because of some road repair work or accident or just because of pot holes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Weh is still Jammed up, am at hub mall right now, came from bkc, now going back. It seems it extends from the hub mall upto the airport. 4:10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
South bound traffic on the WE Highway created a sort of records today. Traffic just before the Andheri flyover started building up from 8:10 in the morning and it was chocked till about 7:30 p.m. The situation was super ugly today.
Combination of bad potholed roads, narrow road, vehicles getting stranded is the obvious reasons forthe super duper traffic jam on the WEH y'day. Details in the link below.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21543314.cms
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:17   #698
BANNED

Eastern Express Highway also seemed to be much slower than normal today between Mulund and JVLR. Any idea what was the problem here?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:19   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Combination of bad potholed roads, narrow road, vehicles getting stranded is the obvious reasons forthe super duper traffic jam on the WEH y'day.
Hello Ghodlur,

Thank you for the information.

Hello All,

WEH continues to haunt motorists today also. The traffic situation has not improved today & the snail pace moving traffic currently exists between Kandivali to Dindoshi Fly-over & from hub mall to domestic airport. To add to woes, a truck has malfunctioned on start from JVLR & this has lead to traffic pile up till Mahananda dairy.

People scheduled to take flights today afternoon & evening, please leave early, because many people have missed their flights yesterday due to day long traffic built up.

Thanks,
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:58   #700
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The WEH bug has caught town today! Its jammed from Worli to Peddar road, from what i read on twitter its because Babulnath road is closed.
Today also at 10:30am potholes were being filled up after Airport flyover, Parle!
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:45   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
^^Yes! Take the exit, you will arrive at the belapur roundabout where you take a left, straight through the next traffic light, !
Thanks PGNarain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
GB Road as such will be good but getting to the entry of GB road is a nightmare in itself. And it starts near Majiwada. The traffic is chaotic most of the day and if it pours it will only worsen the situation.
I know! I don't have a choice of starting early on Saturday, though... Another reason, I am driving back on Saturday afternoon/evening, so wanted to stagger the drives across two days.

I am thinking of taking Aarey colony road from L&T junction, instead of continuing on JVLR. That way I can avoid WEH altogether...

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd August 2013 at 15:08. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply. Its an eye sore
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:51   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
I am thinking of taking Aarey colony road from L&T junction, instead of continuing on JVLR. That way I can avoid WEH altogether...
Arey road boasts of pathetic quality.

This is what Desmosedici had to say:

Quote:

Old 2nd August 2013, 13:04   #703
BHPian

Collateral Damage!!

Who pays for it ?

On the junction of JVLR and WEH, stuck in B2B traffic, a biker with 2 kids to school,simply brushes past the rear bumper. this guy had those side steel dickeys and non i can proudly say that I am a proud owner of a deep scatch/dash on my rear bumper.

as usual the biker simply runs away.

<End of Rant>
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:01   #704
BHPian

In case you were momentarily stunned as I was by the filled potholes on the Elphinstone road bridge, I'm happy to report that they're back, bigger, deeper, longer and in even greater number.

Yaay for my tax money being so well spent. I was beginning to worry that my unborn children would never know what bad roads were.
Old 3rd August 2013, 02:40   #705
BHPian

While returning from office around 1.30AM I saw a huge huge pile up of trucks on Airoli bridge. It occupied almost entire stretch from Airoli till EEH.

Same situation on Thane Belapur road. Huge line of trucks till Airoli turn.

Is this a daily affair or because of some diversions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks