Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 15:59   #106
BHPian

Re: Fortuner: Insane parking!

Is there anyone who thinks he drifted? Whatever the parking assist and great skill, parking a monster like that will take time and patience. I do not think the fortuner has 4 wheel steering. Adobe? My guess is they used some sort a trolley to move the car. If we have a pic of the entrance it will be very clear. Will have to look at the pic and reflect on the PS angle.

Some 'driver' who can park a fortuner like this, obviously deserves a fortune of a pay and is fortunate to have such skills. But, pretty unfortunate for the owner of the fortuner.

Last edited by YaeJay : 4th May 2014 at 16:08.
Old 4th May 2014, 18:30   #107
BHPian

Being a graphic designer with 12+ years of experience. I can say that this is a Photoshopped image. Notice: (1) The line of shadow near the headlights looks like a drop shadow effect. (2) The reflection on the rear most glass in inconsistent with the surroundings (3) The wheels/tyres seem to be a cutout.
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 18:32   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay
Is there anyone who thinks he drifted?
Not seriously, surely. Would even a professional stunt driver be able to do such a thing? At least not without quite a few bumps and scrapes rehearsing it.

By the way, I forgot to repsond to that post, but I'm still remembering the karate parking video from early in the thread. Is that for real? If it is... Brilliant!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 18:45   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Being a graphic designer with 12+ years of experience. I can say that this is a Photoshopped image. Notice: (1) The line of shadow near the headlights looks like a drop shadow effect. (2) The reflection on the rear most glass in inconsistent with the surroundings (3) The wheels/tyres seem to be a cutout.

So how could they photoshop two different images in the same way? I am attaching both pictures for your analysis:

audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 10:54   #110
BHPian

To my eye, both these are Photoshopped. Now I may be ridiculously wrong here and this may have been forklifted, drifted etc etc into place or for god's sake parked. But I have my doubts ;-)

One of the key points that caught my eye: Notice that the car being so close to the windows of the house through the car windows they should've be 'seen' even though faintly. Check the attachment and the proximity of the BMW to the wall. Even though faint and through so many reflections happening on that glass you can still see the wall through the car window.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortuner: Insane parking!-bmw-wallpaper-near-window.jpg  

Last edited by lionell : 5th May 2014 at 10:56. Reason: spell check
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 11:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reflection on the rear most glass in inconsistent with the surroundings (3) The wheels/tyres seem to be a cutout.
How do you know what's in the surrounding area in the absence of a 360 degree picture?
Old 5th May 2014, 11:24   #112
BHPian

Quote:
One of the key points that caught my eye: Notice that the car being so close to the windows of the house through the car windows they should've be 'seen' even though faintly.
Sir, I think in the 1st pic (above in audioholic's post), one can see the house's window through the Fortuner's rear window. The tinted glass and the way in which light is falling on it are at play here.

-Bhargav
Old 5th May 2014, 12:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To my eye, both these are Photoshopped.
If this is photoshopped, let me call it insane photoshopping.

IMO, this is insane parking indeed and one clue lies in the "depth" of the building's courtyard. As you can see, the car is not parked next to the facade of the building. The two building doors are not blocked and those are very wide doors too - you can judge by the man standing next to it. The door is no less than 100 ~ 120 cm in width.

The driver would have used this space achieve his goal/revenge and thus inadvertently earn the fame/infamy. IMO, only a TBHPian would employ him now.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:57   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
If this is photoshopped, let me call it insane photoshopping.
Good photoshopping is insane, and a skilled user would take care of all through-glass backgrounds, shadows, effects of light sources, etc.

Probably the answer is in the pixels . I don't know... I'm still inclined to believe in the parking or sliding, and that the photos are genuine and not PSed.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 15:33   #115
BHPian

Quote:
To my eye, both these are Photoshopped. Now I may be ridiculously wrong here and this may have been forklifted, drifted etc etc into place or for god's sake parked. But I have my doubts ;-)

One of the key points that caught my eye: Notice that the car being so close to the windows of the house through the car windows they should've be 'seen' even though faintly. Check the attachment and the proximity of the BMW to the wall. Even though faint and through so many reflections happening on that glass you can still see the wall through the car window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Sir, I think in the 1st pic (above in audioholic's post), one can see the house's window through the Fortuner's rear window. The tinted glass and the way in which light is falling on it are at play here.

-Bhargav
+1 to Bhargav, I was about to quote the same finding.

My wildest guess for this insane parking is that the house owner might be going for a long vacation, with no caretaker for House and Hulk, thus he did invent this two-in-one solution.

No big size valuables could be taken out from the House (if anybody really dares, let them take!) but nobody can take the Hulk (aka, T.Fort).
Old 5th May 2014, 17:12   #116
BHPian

Isn't is possible that the fortuner was fork-lifted and placed in that tight spot.
Old 5th May 2014, 18:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Post number 84 in that thread has a solution: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2192937
Along with oil-spill technique, fork-lifting is another possibility. But not sure if the tines of of the fork lift can reach the another end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
Isn't is possible that the fortuner was fork-lifted and placed in that tight spot.
Fortuner: Insane parking!-forklift4.jpg
Old 5th May 2014, 18:24   #118
BHPian

Maybe the driver was called Ken Block?
Old 6th May 2014, 00:51   #119
BHPian

Way back in 1985-86, my neighbor and good friend Joe (may his soul rest in peace) had a dare. It was trying to reverse his dad's high top Maruti Suzuki Van inside the garage itself and turning it a full 180 degrees to be front facing.
He actually pulled it off in about under fifteen minutes and totally earned my respect since he was probably 13 or 14 at that time.
Apparently, he had been practicing it by sneaking out his dad's keys to try a hand behind the wheels without anyone noticing it.

So yup, it is possible to go back and forth in tight spaces
Old 6th May 2014, 17:44   #120
BHPian

It is not PS. Doesnt look that way. I would say a it might be a trolley job, since the shift is very less ( I saw the entrance). ( Sometimes, in certain countries, trolleys have arms and legs add to that the fact u can get many such 'trolleys' at the fraction of a real one) And faded tyre marks from the front wheels.

or perhaps the driver was called Aaarna Shhhwash naager or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks