Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 18:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortuner: Insane parking!

I agree it's not PS. It's also not been drifted in. I think it was pushed on go jaks or something similar.
Old 6th May 2014, 22:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

From the recent pictures in the previous page, I seem to find the wheels hovering over the ground by a few hairline inches or perhaps I'm just imagining!
Old 6th May 2014, 22:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
From the recent pictures in the previous page, I seem to find the wheels hovering over the ground by a few hairline inches or perhaps I'm just imagining!

So what do you infer?
Old 6th May 2014, 22:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
So what do you infer?
Jacked up and slid inside, perhaps? I don't know.
Old 7th May 2014, 19:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

An Eureka moment happened while thinking about this ridiculous parking. What if there were guys using bedroom mattresses (or any cushiony thing) to cushion the front and back of the Fortuner while it was being parked? Think about it! If the guy was reversing, he can afford to hit the wall using the cushioning of the mattress as a buffer and likewise in the front too. Now, imagine the driver does his parallel parking and hits the cushioned walls on the front and back to get into the current parking position. Sounds far fetched I know but so does the pic. I truly believe its entirely possible.
Old 7th May 2014, 19:51   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
An Eureka moment happened while thinking about this ridiculous parking. What if there were guys using bedroom mattresses (or any cushiony thing) to cushion the front and back of the Fortuner while it was being parked? Think about it! If the guy was reversing, he can afford to hit the wall using the cushioning of the mattress as a buffer and likewise in the front too. Now, imagine the driver does his parallel parking and hits the cushioned walls on the front and back to get into the current parking position. Sounds far fetched I know but so does the pic. I truly believe its entirely possible.
If you see the amount of space available, a bedroom mattress of around 6" thickness on either side will pack the car safely without allowing it to move, forget parking. The lesser the space available, the possible theories gets exponentially lesser. There is just no space there. Perhaps around 5" on either side thats all.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th May 2014 at 19:52.
Old 7th May 2014, 19:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

Get a Fork Lift, slide it beneath the car, lift it, move the fork lift ahead and lower it.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 03:14   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Whilst a fork lift sounds like an easy option, it is not. Cars have specific jacking points which are meant to take the weight. the point at which the vehicle might balance on the forks (which would have to be found by trial and error) might not suit: damage might be caused.

Of course, if you don't care about the vehicle, then sure, a fork lift will do the job. Just don't try it because you happento be able to borrow one from work and fancy getting up to some tricks on your friend's car!
Old 8th May 2014, 06:01   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Whilst a fork lift sounds like an easy option, it is not. Cars have specific jacking points which are meant to take the weight. the point at which the vehicle might balance on the forks (which would have to be found by trial and error) might not suit: damage might be caused.
AFAIK, the distance between the forks isn't that far off to balance this monster and if at all tried then the underbody would have had a tough time. Had the forklift been used there would have been marks on the sides.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th May 2014 at 06:09.
Old 8th May 2014, 07:01   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

You could be right, although I suppose it depends on the fork lift. I haven't touched one since, umm... 1974! They are much harder to drive than they look, and I was only allowed to do some very simple stuff. I didn't get any more practice because I moved on to another job in the company, but I did leave a damaged brick-wall corner as my mark
Old 19th June 2014, 17:35   #131
BHPian

I think there is PS involved. But not with the car. Looks like, it is walls that are brought closer and aligned properly with the flow of other elements. If I am correct, Hats off to the artist. If I am not, don't ask me how they managed.
Old 16th August 2014, 13:26   #132
Senior - BHPian

Found the answer finally.
Old 16th August 2014, 14:38   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

@F150, this method needs more length, since the car is initially diagonal. Don't see that much space between The Fortuner & the walls.
Old 16th August 2014, 19:11   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Found the answer finally.
That is just normal parallel parking!
Old 25th November 2014, 11:43   #135
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled upon this video on youtube. Couldn't find a better thread to share this video :

S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks