Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 11:15   #1456
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Is anyone aware if this Fastag can be used in NICE Road, Bangalore ? As far as I know, it can't be. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I understand that ICICI charges a small amount for NEFT/IMPS transfers into the Fastag accounts. Is there any such charges in PayTM? I hope not!
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 12:09   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Is anyone aware if this Fastag can be used in NICE Road, Bangalore ? As far as I know, it can't be. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, you are correct. FasTag cannot be used in NICE road as it is privately owned and not managed by NHAI.
MeetSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 12:09   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, I understand that ICICI charges a small amount for NEFT/IMPS transfers into the Fastag accounts. Is there any such charges in PayTM? I hope not!

No, Fastag cannot be used on the Nice road. I have seen some other payment methods on Nice, something called Momo.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 14:13   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any such charges in PayTM? I hope not!
No extra charges, as currently there is no fee for paytm wallet recharge. It seems paytm will keep 150 as FASTag balance, toll will be paid from this 150 and automatically equal amount will be collected from the paytm wallet to maintain 150 as FASTag balance.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:05   #1460
Senior - BHPian

I am currently on BETL Tag for the Elevated Highway in Bangalore and I am using the Balance Pass model for the Elevated Highway.

If I move to the FasTag, would it work in the same way as the BETL Tag? Is there any dis-advantages in moving to the FasTag?

I will possibly wait to finish the entire balance on my current BETL Tag and then make the switch based on the feedback from here.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:25   #1461
BHPian

Got fastag for my Company Leased car from HDFC last month and had round trip to kerala. Except two tollgate I had a very good experience, saved almost 30 min- 1hr.

In kerala respect for law was clearly "visible" , most of the time fastag lines are used by commuters without tag. This defeat the very purpose of fastag.

You can buy fastag online from HDFC here . Once you upload the scanned application and other documents within a day or two they dispatch fastag.

Good news, no additional documents required for leased car.

Documents required,

1. Filled & Signed Application form - Scanned Copy in PDF format
2. Registration Certificate (RC) copy
3. KYC Document (as filled in the Application Form) – E-Aadhar Copy
4. Transaction ID for the payment made to HDFC Bank Account number .

Once you receive the fastag, paste it on the windshield and send a picture for instant activation. Car Reg Number and fastag should be visible in the picture.

Last edited by svkndv : 13th September 2017 at 16:36.
svkndv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 19:37   #1462
APV
BHPian

I registered for Fastag in Equitas site on 8th Sep, tag# was allocated the next day, received the tag yesterday(12th Sep) through Bluedart. Pasted it slightly on the RHS, as bang on the middle is manufacturer provided RFID and also not to obstruct the Dashcam view.

Only catch is that Equitas charges 15% fee even though you re charge using net banking.
Old 13th September 2017, 19:39   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Only catch is that Equitas charges 15% fee even though you re charge using net banking.
Are you sure about 15%? It is definitely way too high. I had a conversation only on yesterday with my colleague who said it charges 1.5%.

Or was that a typo?
Old 13th September 2017, 20:29   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Are you sure about 15%? It is definitely way too high. I had a conversation only on yesterday with my colleague who said it charges 1.5%.

Or was that a typo?
It is 1.5% not 15%. I just applied for the tag right now. Hoping to get it soon.
Old 13th September 2017, 20:36   #1465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
It is 1.5% not 15%.
Thought as much, thanks reignofchaos!

15% is super unreasonable and kills the whole purpose. I am using ICICI FASTag since a while now and recall that every time I have recharged for 1000, the bank has debited 1015 from my account. So that is 1.5%!
Old 13th September 2017, 20:45   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
....If I move to the FasTag, would it work in the same way as the BETL Tag? Is there any dis-advantages in moving to the FasTag?
I believe using the Balance Pass model you can still avail the daily pass benefit which is not possible in Fastag. Confirm this before you plan to make a switch if you use the Elevated Highway multiple times in a day.

Fastag also has some discounts running like Paytm is offering 7.5% cashback for FY 2017-18.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 20:59   #1467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I believe using the Balance Pass model you can still avail the daily pass benefit which is not possible in Fastag.
I have used BETL quite regularly more than twice in the past few months as I work out of Electronics City.

I can confirm that the total toll deducted for passing the gate thrice was same was the day pas then (65 INR).

I have not had recent experience but I am sure this should work today as well because I pass the booth only once in the morning and return via NICE.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 22:50   #1468
APV
BHPian

Quote:

Or was that a typo?
My bad. sorry guys. It was a typo . It is 1.5% not 15%
Old 14th September 2017, 10:19   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
I have used BETL quite regularly more than twice in the past few months as I work out of Electronics City.

I can confirm that the total toll deducted for passing the gate thrice was same was the day pas then (65 INR).
This is true except that BETPL daily pass for LMV is Rs. 70 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I believe using the Balance Pass model you can still avail the daily pass benefit which is not possible in Fastag. Confirm this before you plan to make a switch if you use the Elevated Highway multiple times in a day.

Fastag also has some discounts running like Paytm is offering 7.5% cashback for FY 2017-18.
Daily pass is available using FasTag as well. I am a daily commuter on BETPL and can confirm the same. Also, the 7.5% cashback is available on all FasTag, irrespective of the issuing bank. The only catch would be the transaction fee (~1.5%) which can be saved if you opt for PayTM FasTag.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 10:43   #1470
BHPian

Had a pleasant experience with Equitas Fastag. Applied for the Fastag on Saturday night by uploading all necessary documents and payment of Rs. 507/-. My application was approved by Monday and received the Tag by courier by Wednesday.
There seem to be some teething problems with Wallet recharge though!! Waiting to test my tag soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks