Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 09:32   #5806
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Problem is, I have limited KYC with SBI fastag, and they blocked us from recharging anything at all, not above 10k, and they say its as per RBI guidelines. Don't know if this comes to other fastags also.
Hi Shamanth

True. SBI alone doesn't honor this limited KYC model and asks everyone to move to full KYC. You can do that via this method mentioned in my earlier post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5126358 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Regards
Dev
Old 24th August 2021, 09:42   #5807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
There are two types of KYCs - Limited and Full
Limited KYC means you can recharge upto 10k in those wallets.
For example my PayTM is in limitedkyc and i can recharge it upto 10k.
This is good enough for fastag. No worries.

Regards
Dev
Thanks, I am sure won't need 10K with my current usage pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Limited KYC isn't permanent time-wise by default for all service providers, so it's best to confirm with yours if a full KYC will be needed at some point.
Thanks, I guess it is safe to wait for sometime to see if the bank notifies for a full KYC.
Old 24th August 2021, 09:44   #5808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi Shamanth

True. SBI alone doesn't honor this limited KYC model and asks everyone to move to full KYC. You can do that via this method mentioned in my earlier post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5126358 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Regards
Dev
I did that exactly, and received SMS from SBI they received full KYC application.

After a week i checked with sbifastag customer care, why KYC is not updated. SBI guys sent email to NICT , and NICT sent me email saying they received only soft copy of the document and they want Hardcopy to be sent to their address.

They have updated my photo and other things, after i sent application through GVRS portal, but now they want Hard copy to update the KYC.

My suggestion is avoid SBI Fastag at all cost, their mentality to harass banking customers calling to bank and asking to send courier for small things has now been transferred to their Fastag also.

Just was reading somewhere Limited KYC is valid only for 24 months as per RBI guidelines. Guess RBI wasting time, trying to unearth black-money in fastag transactions from individuals instead of going after bigger frauds.

Last edited by shamanth : 24th August 2021 at 09:55.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 09:45   #5809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Problem is, I have limited KYC with SBI fastag, and they blocked us from recharging anything at all, not above 10k, and they say its as per RBI guidelines. Don't know if this comes to other fastags also.
This requirement is bit confusing. My mothers Axis bank fastag account was already having documents submitted for limited KYC (PAN, address proof etc given). This was 2 years back when tag was purchased.

Then last month, in-between a trip, we are not able to recharge the account, however with the residual balance in tag, it was working at tolls. On contacting customer care, they mentioned it needs full KYC (submit PAN, address proof again and also Aadhar card). We declined to do that since these were already done earlier, after few mails and replies, they asked to share PAN card again and then enabled the tag back.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 09:51   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion is avoid SBI Fastag at all cost, their mentality to harass banking customers calling to bank and asking to send courier for small things has now been transferred to their Fastag also.
+100 to that comment. I didn't realise i was replying to you. Noticed your earlier post about this courier drama. Feel sad for you. Good thing is the portal is now working for you and you can surrender the tag properly now. I hope atleast that option works fine without any surprises. ps - i didnt intentionally buy SBI fastag it just came with the new car. My other two cars are in PayTM tags. Hope our messages help new owners to stay away from SBI tags

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 10:01   #5811
Team-BHP Support

The issue with avoiding specific Fastag providers is there's NONE with consistent good reviews. What works flawlessly for one customer is a nightmare for another (Paytm, ICICI, Axis, the lot), and it's easier to find a unicorn at a signal than get good customer service.

Bureaucratic quirks aside, my SBI tag has worked without a hitch so far, and I'm leaving it well alone. The day it gives me trouble, I surrender and switch to another.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2021 at 10:16. Reason: Typo
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:00   #5812
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the full KYC for SBI Fastag done, after sending scanned application and documents and sending them courier receipt as proof of sending hardcopy to NICT. Hopefully no more disturbance from SBI for next two years on KYC.

Last edited by shamanth : 27th August 2021 at 17:01.
Old 28th August 2021, 01:39   #5813

There was a 220/- deduction from our FASTag wallet at 3 different tollgates, but we have never crossed the city after taking delivery of our car. I've checked the transaction details on PayTM and sure enough the VIN number was matching our car.

Did the dealer screw up and misplaced our FASTag with somebody else's car?
Old 28th August 2021, 12:21   #5814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Did the dealer screw up and misplaced our FASTag with somebody else's car?
Yes, either from dealer side or when tag was linked, from PayTM end there should be a mess up.

For ICICI, one can find the tag serial number on the tag. This is listed against your account too. If something like that is present for PayTM tag, you can check if the tag in your account is the same as that is fixed on your car.
Old 29th August 2021, 23:49   #5815
BHPian

Pleased to report, had a super seamless experience with Paytm Fastag on a recent drive to Hatgad, near Nasik. It puts behind ALL the miseries I had with ICICI.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:28   #5816
Senior - BHPian

I bought a new car and somehow missed to pass instructions for FASTag to the dealer. They pasted and activated IDFC tag. I realized it when I got message from IDFC.

Have been using ICICI FASTag on my earlier car for last 4 years without any issues. So, would like to have ICICI for this one as well. Also, easier to manage via CUG wallet.

Now, do I need to first deactivate the IDFC one and then apply ICICI one ? And how to do it ? Write to the bank ? There is no option for deactivation/ closure on IDFC site.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 21:52   #5817
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I bought a new car and somehow missed to pass instructions for FASTag to the dealer. They pasted and activated IDFC tag. I realized it when I got message from IDFC.

Have been using ICICI FASTag on my earlier car for last 4 years without any issues. So, would like to have ICICI for this one as well. Also, easier to manage via CUG wallet.

Now, do I need to first deactivate the IDFC one and then apply ICICI one ? And how to do it ? Write to the bank ? There is no option for deactivation/ closure on IDFC site.
IMHO, you should continue using the IDFC Fastag. Recharge using UPI via the the dedicated VPA address created for the Fastag (format is "netc.vehiclenumber@bankname" IIRC. You should confirm using the NHAI Fastag app). Switching to a new provider would be too much of a hassle.
Old 6th September 2021, 16:34   #5818
Senior - BHPian

Wish they come-up with Fastag porting like mobile connection, That will put pressure to perform or perish.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 18:58   #5819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

I'm in the same situation - my car came with Axis bank Fastag and the experience is much worse than ICICI tag (on my other car). I really want to disable the Axis one and get another a new one from ICICI. But, is it okay to apply for a new one while there is tag already active? Or, is there a way to disable the Axis bank one? It would be awesome if someone knowledgeable sheds some light on this.

What happens when one wants to sell their car - aren't we expected to close the tag account? So, there should be a way to close a tag account..

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th September 2021 at 21:43. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 8th September 2021, 08:29   #5820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

What happens when one wants to sell their car - aren't we expected to close the tag account? So, there should be a way to close a tag account..
When one sells the car, they are supposed to remove the fasttag and destroy it,. They should also get it cancelled, and they will get back their security deposit.

I recently bought a used car and when I approached Paytm, they said the car already has 2 tags issued and as per the rules one car can have only one fasttag issued to it. The problem though is, the implementation challenge if how ensure that there is only one tag issued given that there are multiple companies issuing the tags.

The Paytm support team even said that the car had a Paytm and a axis bank tag issued to it. So it appears that there is some common database/ infrastructure that is already present to ensure that only one tag is issued to a car. However, operationally, I am not sure how much the companies are abiding by the same. Thats why no one bothers to cancel the older ones and life goes on.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed