View Poll Results: What do you think of the Toll Charges? Rs. 250 one way
Too High 215 61.25%
Too Low 6 1.71%
Right amount 130 37.04%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 12:41   #76
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL) set to open on January 12 | Toll: Rs. 250 one way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Just received this image on whatsapp regarding toll charges. The effective date at the bottom states it's for 1 year. We might see changes in the toll amount in the future.

The effective date at the bottom states effective from 13.01.2024.

So is 12th the day of free joyrides to all due to the inauguration?
Old 12th January 2024, 12:51   #77
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL) set to open on January 12 | Toll: Rs. 250 one way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
Woo hoo, the prices I hear have come down to Rs 200 and there ain't gonna be any speed challans initially. So come one come all and lets make merry
The toll rate remains the same albeit a small change.

Quote:
The toll rates for passenger vehicles on the Sewri-Shivaji Nagar (Ulwe) stretch have been revised to Rs 200, and for the 2.5km Shivaji Nagar-Gavhan stretch, it is fixed at Rs 50. This is a change from the earlier announcement of a flat Rs 250 toll for the entire stretch.
Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
So is 12th the day of free joyrides to all due to the inauguration?
It is open for public starting tomorrow.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:17   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar drives over the MTHL:
itwasntme is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:22   #79
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai

Interesting video of the Atal Setu bridge. Reminds me of the King Fahd Saudi Bahrain causeway that I frequently travel across. Maybe I've lived outside India for too long but 250 rupees seems like a lot though

dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Fantastic! Looking forward to drive on this sometime.

Only thing is, I wonder why they made it an asphalt road. With Mumbai's mind-boggling crazy rains, they ought to have made it a concrete road on the entire bridge.

Else we've seen how great we are at letting potholes develop even on flyovers and bridges, expansion joints whose alignment with surrounding asphalt changes with time, etc; if history is anything to go by!
I agree with you, I had the same concern. But look at Eastern Freeway which is also asphalt ( atleast the elevated 9.5 km flyover is asphalt while remaining is concrete) and that has not developed potholes all these years ( touchwood). So, looks like it's about quality, rains are otherwise an excuse.

I am driving on Mumbai Transharbour link tonight around 12 a.m after finishing my duty that goes till 10pm. Looking forward for an amazing experience, will come back and share my views
vivek95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:51   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Autocar drives over the MTHL:
https://Youtu.be/soNF2GLoB2c
Not bad; but too much overselling of the bridge by the driver on the video; keeps peddling the point that this bridge will drastically change Mumbai city. We already have discussed earlier that till the link to the Expressway gets done, it might not see a lot of traffic; atleast not that would drastically impact the traffic inflow/outflow from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai (other than trucks).

OT: Considering the Bandra - Worli sealink is used every year for the Tata Mumbai marathon, I wonder if the Atal Setu could become another venue for yearly marathons. Each side being exactly ~21kms makes it a great case to do half & full marathons just on the bridge itself
ninjatalli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:14   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe a distorted view from the drone, but some of the secondary flyovers (to access the main bridge) seemed to have very narrow lanes coupled with a lot of sweeping curves.

I hope people will stick strictly to their lanes in those spots.

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th January 2024 at 14:16.
Old 12th January 2024, 14:19   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

OT: Considering the Bandra - Worli sealink is used every year for the Tata Mumbai marathon, I wonder if the Atal Setu could become another venue for yearly marathons. Each side being exactly ~21kms makes it a great case to do half & full marathons just on the bridge itself
Just what I was thinking. A Duathlon will be even better - Run 21 km one way and bike the other.

I actually liked the bridge a lot - does anyone know when it opens to the public? Tonight? Midnight? Or 6 am tomorrow. Suspect we will have an insane rush of cars looking to get on the bridge once it opens.

Also was unclear if the Sewri ramp is ready or whether one would have to go all the way to the entrance of the Freeway to enter this bridge.

Last edited by Hayek : 12th January 2024 at 14:21.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Here is what the MTHL looked like from my room window last night. Preps are in full swing and the ramp to get onto it coming from Colaba starts right in front of my home. I think the PM will do the inaugural drive starting from there. Hopefully I can do a run on Sunday

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-ldexporta812b23901092024-2.jpg
Dippy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 14:58   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

There was some news last year that some sort of temporary bridge that was being used during the construction would be retained as a 'bird-watching platform'. Is that actually present?

(I've seen the migratory flamingos at Sewri a long time ago, truly a spectacular sight. Would be great if something like this platform was retained.)
Old 12th January 2024, 17:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Does anyone know when it opens to the public?
The road opens from 8 am starting tomorrow as per this article.

Name:  106766228.png
Views: 328
Size:  489.3 KB
Source
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 20:45   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am driving on Mumbai Transharbour link tonight around 12 a.m after finishing my duty that goes till 10pm. Looking forward for an amazing experience, will come back and share my views
I’m not sure if you’ll get to drive today, as I read it will be open to public tomorrow at 8AM
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 20:50   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Just received this image on whatsapp regarding toll charges. The effective date at the bottom states it's for 1 year. We might see changes in the toll amount in the future.
The monthly pass charges seem to be a lot higher than 'return journey charges x 30'

Should it be like that? Or are they considering Daily pass x 30 for the calculation?
Old 12th January 2024, 22:36   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
I’m not sure if you’ll get to drive today, as I read it will be open to public tomorrow at 8AM
Thanks for the information Will give it a try though as I stay in Ulwe Navi Mumbai, very close to MTHL near it's Chirle interchange.This new Sealink is visible from my balconies.
Old 12th January 2024, 22:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
The monthly pass charges seem to be a lot higher than 'return journey charges x 30'

Should it be like that? Or are they considering Daily pass x 30 for the calculation?

Daily pass x 20 (5 days a week * 4 weeks) for the monthly pass calculation.

If you are going to do only one return trip a day, then the return option will work out cheaper.
Fx14 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks