Right amount 130 37.04%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2024, 07:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am driving on Mumbai Transharbour link tonight around 12 a.m after finishing my duty that goes till 10pm. Looking forward for an amazing experience, will come back and share my views
Got lucky. Drove on this brand new Sea link of Mumbai at midnight 12 am for free of cost Started from Chirle Interchange and ended up at Sewri and then drove back to Chirle. Passed through the toll plaza both times but there was no deduction. However, I honestly would not mind even if the amount from my Fastag gets deducted at any later point of time.

Mumbai Transharbour link is mind blowing !! Buttersmooth roads, excellent lane markings, great signboards and world class infrastructure. You just glide from Navi Mumbai to South Mumbai, just lazily like that in 20 mins without touching even 100, such is the effortless drive!!

On the new sealink though, I missed that one mind blowing yet intimidating factor that Bandra-Worli Sea link had amazed me in 2010 when I first travelled on it in a Kaali--Peeli taxi. It was the huge and tall cable stayed spans in the centre which truly made one feel that you are on a Sea bridge. That apart, Mumbai Transharbour link is just Wow 😍 At present, it mostly benefits those driving from South Bombay and Central Bombay towards Pune/Lonavala/Alibag/Konkan/Ulwe , CBD Belapur, Seawoods, Kharghar areas in Navi Mumbai.

Vashi, Turbhe, Sanpada,Mahape,Ghansoli and the likes in Navi Mumbai do not have much business to do with MTHL. Sharing some pics here, will come up with my observations later

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_20240113_020021.jpg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-screenshot_20240113015018396_com.miui.galleryedit.jpg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_20240113_021110.jpg
vivek95 is online now   (54) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 08:45   #92
BHPian

Is it open to the public now? I was hoping to take it later today but I believe the PM is going to inaugurate it today. Also does it directly connect via the freeway?
Old 13th January 2024, 09:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Is it open to the public now? I was hoping to take it later today but I believe the PM is going to inaugurate it today. Also does it directly connect via the freeway?

Yes its open now. Saw cars heading onto it in the morning. The ramp to climb it from Sewri coming from Colaba is just outside my window. You can access it directly from the Freeway.

I plan to take a spin tomorrow afternoon.
Dippy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 09:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Yes its open now. Saw cars heading onto it in the morning. The ramp to climb it from Sewri coming from Colaba is just outside my window. You can access it directly from the Freeway.

Thanks Dippy! So if I’m coming from the Western Suburbs I take the BKC connector or the SCLR and then drive on to Mankhurd to take the freeway, right? Guess what I’m asking is whether the freeway links to MTHL in both directions. Google maps still hasn’t updated to show this route.
Old 13th January 2024, 11:03   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Super impressed that the actual construction time on such a massive project was 5-6 years. In Bangalore there are atleast 3 tiny <1km flyovers not even 50% completed in the same 5-6 years. Not to mention other infra projects that are crawling with no end in sight.
Rajeevraj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 11:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Thanks Dippy! So if I’m coming from the Western Suburbs I take the BKC connector or the SCLR and then drive on to Mankhurd to take the freeway, right? Guess what I’m asking is whether the freeway links to MTHL in both directions. Google maps still hasn’t updated to show this route.
Yes correct. And freeway does link to MTHL from both directions. No issue at all.
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 11:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I was going to travel all the way from Western suburbs to try it out tomorrow but my dad has some work so no car at home.

OT- Would have been fun to meet some BHPians over breakfast/lunch tomorrow.
Old 13th January 2024, 11:58   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post

OT- Would have been fun to meet some BHPians over breakfast/lunch tomorrow.
Can always be done on any weekend. Breakfast or lunch would be cool in town.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 12:01   #99
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL) set to open on January 12 | Toll: Rs. 250 one way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
The monthly pass charges seem to be a lot higher than 'return journey charges x 30'

Should it be like that? Or are they considering Daily pass x 30 for the calculation?
Monthly pass charge pass I guess is for the likes of Ola/Uber guys who will be going umpteen times up and down once the Navi Mumbai airport is functional.
jomyboy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 13:04   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a fantastic drive on the Atal Setu earlier this morning. For whatever reason, Google Maps is not showing the entrance from the Port Road at Sewri, and hence I went ahead from Parel to Mazagaon and took the freeway. Just that took 20 minutes.

After that, it was super fast -another 20 minutes (excluding an illegal halt to take in the views along with 10-15 other cars) to the end of the Bridge at Chirle, 20 minutes back to Sewri where the exit onto the port road was open and 10 minutes home. All told 1:10 minutes to cover 59 km too and fro. Once the Sewri entrance starts, I will save another 5-7 minutes. Used adaptive cruise control on the Ioniq 5 set at 100 kph - the speed camera said I was cruising at 97 kph (you have a 2-3 locations with cameras in a gantry which display your speed). Amazingly, there was no one who passed me through the drive - so obviously everyone is adhering to limits. This is going to be great once the bridge to the expressway is done and even before that, the comfort of driving on this bridge makes the toll worthwhile.

Road surface was superlative, road marking were great, and people were in their lanes at least today. Must admit there were no trucks (barring a tempo with BJP flags) - will become worse once the trucks come in. Plan another drive in the afternoon.

Some snaps from the drive:

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-663b00ba9d8f40d797baa133bfa9c603.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3237.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3240.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3250.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3264.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3272.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3277.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3268.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3279.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3283.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3286.jpeg

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_3538.jpeg

The Ioniq used 17 kWh per 100 km - not as good as in the city but not too bad either.
Hayek is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 14:47   #101
BHPian

A query.
Somebody staying in Ulwe would be able to answer.

Has the ramp from MTHL to Shivajinagar in Ulwe operational?
The toll for exit at Shivajinagar is fixed at Rs. 200/- but whatever pictures and videos I have seen till date, it appears that the ramp is yet non-functional. Moreover they will need to set up a collection booth here as well, since the only toll booth on MTHL is nearer to Chirle.

Also a query for all
How does the return journey work? With Fastag, for every exit from a location an amount is deducted from the account. Not to mention - no receipts or tags.
How does the system calculate the return journey then? Is it then the return journey, taken as return the same day or within 24 hours?

This though isn't applicable at Vashi. Every exit deducts Rs. 45 from the account. Perhaps, it has to be notified that the return journey costs lesser.

Thanks
Roark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 17:45   #102
BHPian

Drove on the MTHL today. Everything on this bridge is made to perfection. The open gate toll system, the signages, lane markings, speed cameras, CCTV cameras and most importantly the road surface itself, barring a couple of minor undulations. Much has been talked about toll rates so I would refrain from commenting on that. For someone who’s used to small bridges, or even Bandra Worli Sealink, MTHL also feels unending. It just goes on and on. To go from South Mumbai to Pune or the other way round it’s a no brainer, especially once work on last 2km of JNPT road till Mumbai-Pune Eway is done. Currently it’s a 4 lane road with speedbumps. Crazy to think once Sewri Worli connector is finished someone who stays in Bandra will encounter zero traffic signals all the way from Bandra-Worli Sealink till Pune’s Western Bypass. Work on MTHL-Khalapur Link Expressway and Navi Mumbai Coastal Road including Navi Mumbai Airport Expressway is also expected to begin soon. This project is a game changer, in my humble opinion.

One thing for sure, India can build.

Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai-img_4412.jpeg
ADI7YAK is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 22:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering, does it makes sense to take the MTHL to Mumbai airport Terminal 2 while coming down from Pune?
Old 14th January 2024, 03:05   #104
Senior - BHPian

Day 1 on Mumbai’s Atal Setu: Over 8,000 vehicles zoom at 100 kmph in just 12 hours
Source: Indian Express

Quote:
The Mumbai Trans Harbour Sealink (MTHL), which opened to traffic at 8 am on Saturday, saw a total of 8,169 vehicles in 12 hours on day one.

no vehicles are allowed to stop and click photos. However, since it was the first day, commuters were allowed to take photos…

While people spent Rs 375 for a return trip on the Trans link on Saturday, many said the toll was too expensive for a daily commute.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 05:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
This though isn't applicable at Vashi. Every exit deducts Rs. 45 from the account. Perhaps, it has to be notified that the return journey costs lesser.
The exit at Shivajinagar is operational and there is a toll gate after the exit just before entering Ulwe if coming from Mumbai side. The exit at Shivajinagar if coming from Chirle side is blocked for now.
devilking is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks