Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 11:56   #151
Senior - BHPian

I ve done Bangalore Ooty on believe it or not a Honda Dio, Set at 7 in the morning to reach ooty at 9 in the night, a friend and me. Only stops were for food and fuel.

The dio would huff and puff with 2 people on board on the steep ooty ghats + We started the ghats at 6 in the evening with super cold, wild animals and no speed to overcome them :P
Old 10th August 2009, 23:21   #152
Senior - BHPian

Did Bangalore-Hyderabad(~600km) in March in 8 hrs. Left at ~3am. Reached at 11am. One stop of half an hour.

Did the return journey in 7 hours with no breaks other than a fuel break. All alone!
Old 29th September 2009, 11:10   #153
Senior - BHPian

My new personal best - 1400kms-27hrs in a Gypsy from Katra(Jammu) to Udaipur.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
That is a record or something ?

My Personal:

650 kms. Bangalore - Kolhapur.
Did it in last Ramazaan so no break required.
Started @ 4am and reached at around 2 PM.
10 hours. I had to stop there, else I would have
continued upto Pune.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:57   #155
BHPian

Travelled Pune to Nagpur in 11 hours.
Its around 690 Km from my apartment in pune to nagpur.
I travelled in ramazan so only break is for petrol and nature's call.
Started from pune at 6.45 AM and reached nagpur at 5.50PM.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:00   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Travelled Pune to Nagpur in 11 hours.
Its around 690 Km from my apartment in pune to nagpur.
I travelled in ramazan so only break is for petrol and nature's call.
Started from pune at 6.45 AM and reached nagpur at 5.50PM.
Dehydration is a very real risk.
If driving such distances its better to not fast and instead keep it after Ramzaan. After its permitted to do so for this very reason.

Of course, you know what is best and what you are capable off. But its in my honest opinion not correct from the sunnah point of view.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:21   #157
BHPian

Have bettered my Mumbai Jaipur to 17 hours in my Dzire. This was on on way to Leh. On my return journey, did Jaipur Mumbai in 16 hours. Solo driving. Three breaks for tea/nature.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:37   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Dehydration is a very real risk.
If driving such distances its better to not fast and instead keep it after Ramzaan. After its permitted to do so for this very reason.

Of course, you know what is best and what you are capable off. But its in my honest opinion not correct from the sunnah point of view.
You are very correct regarding dehydration. Initially i planned to start around 1.00 AM and cover major distance before day break, this would have allowed me to hydrate myself but situation arised like that i have to start in morning. While coming back we have taken ample breaks and covered it in 14.5 hours.

I am glad about your concerns.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:42   #159
MCR
BHPian

My longest Non stop trip is from Udupi to Mysore. Left Udupi around 3.45 PM and reached Mysore by around 11.30 PM. Total distance some 320kms. Finished Lunch at Udupi Krishna Mutt, so no lunch breaks. Route : Udupi - Kateel - BC road - Puttur - Sulya - Madikeri - Hunsur - Mysore. In my Santro Xing.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:29   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Eew! Not the best car to spend 27 hours driving in. How's your back?
Old 29th September 2009, 20:12   #161
BHPian

Longest drive was

a. Bangalore to Munnar, in April, '09. Distance 475 KM, drive time was 9 hours, including 45 minutes break. Wife and 3 year old daughter were along with me.

b. Mangalore - Nelamangala: 460KM covered in 8 hours, with 3-4 breaks of 5-8 minutes. The route is mangalore-agumbe-Shivamogga-bhadravati-tarikere-tiptur-nelamangala.

Swift-VXi is the car driven

cheers
Old 2nd October 2009, 06:24   #162
BHPian

Hi

I dont know if this has been discussed earlier, just to throw spanner in the works, as an afterthought, I think discussion should focus on what is safe to drive without a break, rather than how much have we driven without a break- which, in my opinion, the thread makes sound like a virtue - purely my opinion, and I dont intend to flame this thread. In England, you keep seeing signs reminding to take breaks every 90 minutes. Driving at a stretch leads to fatigue, lapses in concentration, consequentially may prove fatal. So, in the wake of safe driving, does this thread deserve to be in a forum like ours?

@Mods- please feel free to delete/reject my post in case you feel is irrelevant or this has been posted elsewhere.

Many Thanks
Prasad
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:11   #163
Senior - BHPian

^^Prasad appreciate your concerns brah! But I don't think any one is bragging about distances done. You know some could very well be emergencies. Its just once a while you feel like ripping knowing the road and vehicle comfort and safety. Thats it. I'm sure no one would be here to draw inspiration. I mean look at me, alomst all of em here have bettered me on NH4 but do I push myself everytime I hit it ? No way. Its all about judgement and a lot of commonsense.
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:28   #164
BHPian

Hi

Going through the forum, and the posts, it is easy to deem that most of us, atleast the senior ones are definitely more than sensible and drive with common sense. The worry is about the hidden few, who are just reading posts, the younger ones amongst us, perhaps who may get the urge and be inspired to emulate something similar. Worse, could be the ones that brag about doing say, 140's and 150's on the Chennai Bangalore roads and some who say, perhaps touch 200's on this road in this car etc.,

What people may or may not realize, is the fact that they may not have a car that is capable enough, or the conditions that may be suitable enough to do such a deed, if one argued that such a deed was the ultimate goal of a driver in life.

The consequences of even one mishap can be horrible to imagine, and the intent is to ensure that the posts do not directly or indirectly trigger anything dangerous.
It can cause a lot of damage and collateral damage.

I for one would be glad if such posts do not exist in the forum speed and acceleration are not the only things to be discussed on automotive forums. There are a lot of other things in the world for constructive discussions.

Anyway, this is a personal view and a take and might be deemed as being defensive, I know that there are a lot of seniors in this forum who are more than capable to make decisions on what is suitable for the forum and what isn't. I will leave the decisions in their able hands, now that I have expressed myself suitably.

Thanks
Prasad
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:50   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadka View Post
Hi

The worry is about the hidden few, who are just reading posts, the younger ones amongst us, perhaps who may get the urge and be inspired to emulate something similar
The audience you targetted is spot on. Well, blame the age or well lets say most learn it the hard way.
Some thread like 'Best timings on BLR - CHN' would be damaging IMHO and I don't see that encouraged any time soon on T-Bhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks