Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 16:18   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

I park the bike and block him. Get off the bike go to him and hand him Rs 50 and tell him to take the vehicle back and buy petrol worth the amount he wanted to save.
Great work. More people should try this one out.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:26   #647
Senior - BHPian

WOW salute you for this we need more people like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok another one.

I work at Diamond District near Domlur Circle and take the left to enter IRR from airport road.

On Monday i see a silver coloured alto with a family inside coming down the wrong side with Hazard Warning lights and Headlights on.

Everytime i pass this road i regularly see autorickshaws(i dont bother they are scum) and 2 wheelers happily coming down the wrong side.

Now this Alto guy irritates the hell out of me. Breaking rules is one thing teaching your kids sitting in the car is taking it too far.

I park the bike and block him. Get off the bike go to him and hand him Rs 50 and tell him to take the vehicle back and buy petrol worth the amount he wanted to save.

He gives me a sheepish look and says i need to go another 100-200 meters more only. I replied breaking rules?

Another car stops behind me and the driver gets down and joins me. He too had enough of the wrong side idiots, he takes this route everyday.

The guy in the Alto is not relenting though, right in front of his kids around the age of 10 - 15 he is justifying his breaking the rules.

By now a small crowd gathers and starts asking the driver to reverse. He does this eventually.

My last statement to him was if you cannot afford to fill petrol in your car and are ready to risk the life of your family for Rs 30-40, he should not be driving one. Instead of understanding he gives me a dirty look.

Now seeing this commotion a cab driver trying the same stunt and a couple of bike riders coming down the wrong side immediately turn their vehicles and go back.

When will people in this city show some respect for rules.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:38   #648
Team-BHP Support

That was commendable, Spitfire. That others joined in too, is remarkable.

I have repeatedly ranted about how people driving on the wrong side of the road on the Brookfields main road get away with it easily. Even complaining to the cops had absolutely no effect. It irritated me so much that i have stopped using that road. Today, my colleague came and informed me that cops are beginning to fine people driving up on the wrong side. Looks like my rants finally had some effect.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:43   #649
Team-BHP Support

I dont understand some people.
They work all their lives to send children to a good school.

Drop their own ambitions, don't buy nice clothes for themselves.
Live like a slave tied to their job.

AND THEN DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD PUTTING THE LIVES OF THEIR FAMILY ON THE LINE.

also includes the idiots who carry the entire family of 4 or more on one bike.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:00   #650
BHPian

@spitfire: Let your tribe increase. I hope he learnt the lesson and never takes the wrong way down.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:02   #651
BANNED

Thanks guys.

It was at the spur of the moment. 5 secs before i actually stopped i was muttering below my helmet and thinking of letting him go. Kids in the car made me stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Great work. More people should try this one out.
I dont understand the pysche of these people who drive down the wrong way to save rs 10-15 or a maximum of 1 litre of fuel. If you cant afford that much you shouldnt be owning a vehicle in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
WOW salute you for this we need more people like you!
I am humbled. I have been turning a blind eye these days to lot of folks breaking rules but somehow the sight of the kids in the car made me react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
That was commendable, Spitfire. That others joined in too, is remarkable.
Yes i was surprised too. I was bracing myself for a local and non local confrontation to follow. But surprisingly everyone acted quite civil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
AND THEN DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD PUTTING THE LIVES OF THEIR FAMILY ON THE LINE.
Absolutely it defeats my understanding too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
@spitfire: Let your tribe increase. I hope he learnt the lesson and never takes the wrong way down.
Oh how i hope he has. I pass by the route once a week hope he dosent do it when i am in the Bolero instead of the CBZ this time. I am going to climb over him if he does.

Last edited by Spitfire : 5th June 2009 at 18:04.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:16   #652
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic. Great going spitfire. This is the bestway to teach such ppl a lesson.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:09   #653
Senior - BHPian

To further prove that driving etiquette and education has ABSOLUTELY no connection, this is what happened today when I started from office:

Within the office campus, I am on my track and reaching the intersection where I have to take right. Indicators switched on for the last 100+ meters. When about to take the turn (mind you that there is also a double hump just before you get into the intersection) and turn the wheels, notice the front of a maron colored new generation Alto. Me honked and both braked hard.

Notice a seemingly educated fellow (since he is definitely working there, and did not dress like a maintenance fellow, I guess he is employed in "IT"). He just waves his hand to carry on. I just grumble and move on.

The hero then proceeds to over take me, drive on the wrong side of the paint-divided road and rush towards the campus exit.

Just before the exit, there is another hump and 3 vehicles are lined to take the hump. Our hero, jumps to the other side of the line and tries to take the hump. The security guy there stops him and tell him to get back on track and not proceed straight. This fellow just does not get it and sits in the car arguing with the security!

I slow down for the hump, shout a "good job" to the security and noticed that the 'educated IT fellow' still maintaining the "what is wrong?" look and stance. Drive away wishing some not-so-nice things.

Did not notice the number, will put it up when I get to know.

And we say that cab drivers / people from village are risks on road!
Old 5th June 2009, 21:25   #654
Senior - BHPian

I love it when people with some road sense confront characters who try to break the rules. There's this element of doubt, if the offender would flip out & create a scene, or would he/she accept the mistake and apologize.
None-the-less, this is something I have always appreciated. If you can correct someone in a very subtle way, then great! if you have to be blunt, and give to the person on his/her face and make them realize!
Old 8th June 2009, 13:42   #655
Team-BHP Support

I seriously wonder why the cops seem to have a fetish to see traffic piled up. Every time they step out to control a junction manually, they disrupt the natural flow of traffic which would have been possible if one employed traffic lights instead.

This morning, i was surprised to see that the alternative route which i used to take to get to Whitefield from ORR had been blocked. Its surprising, considering you have a road one day, and then you dont! The cops employed the same unscientific thinking when they decided to block the entry to Marathalli junction from the ORR.

Do these morons ever consult anyone before taking such steps, or is it just their whims and fancies they act upon?!

I came to office disgusted with the traffic management in this city.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:14   #656
Senior - BHPian

I still fail to understand that why do we have bust stops just after the signal??? On ORR this causes lots of inconveniences to the commuters...

I wonder who came up with this brilliant idea!
Old 8th June 2009, 19:16   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still fail to understand that why do we have bust stops just after the signal??? On ORR this causes lots of inconveniences to the commuters...

Its not just there. Its ALL over Bangy. Just check any bus stops, it should be either just next to signal, or just next to the down slope of bridge, just next to the four way junctions, etc etc.

I think, they have only one thing in mind when think about the bus stops. The bus that stops should make sure no traffic moves further.

Worst is the Kundalahalli gate stopping when coming from Vartur. It literally stops the vehicle from making right turn.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:20   #658
Team-BHP Support

Don't forget the bus stops made by the private bus operators. Silk board flyover towards Koramangala. They sometimes stop 3 abreast. Noone can climb the flyover when more than 1 bus stops there.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:29   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

bust stops?? dude..you are really angry eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Don't forget the bus stops made by the private bus operators. Silk board flyover towards Koramangala. They sometimes stop 3 abreast. Noone can climb the flyover when more than 1 bus stops there.
I've only gone ahead of them and blocked them off to make them understand how it feels to be blocked coz of negligence.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:58   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
My favourite pastime is to get in front of a Volvo and never allow him to cross 20kmph.
What are you trying to achieve, Tempelhof?

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks