Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 20:50   #586
Senior - BHPian

jango, its certainly sad, but unfortunately no sensible local also would want to get into the argument. many times when tried to question such irresponsible acts i have got one answer "mind your business" you need to get into thier lever to put some sense into their brains which most of us wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Yesterday i witnessed an incident at the BTM - Udupi garden signal. The time was around 9:30 PM and i was waiting at the signal with my cousin on his bike ( This bike has KL reg ) for the signal to turn green.

Out of no where i see a biker with a pillion push through the signal. He comes just behind us and starts honking. Completely confused i looked back at him and to my surprise these guys start abusing me and my cousin in Kannada. Even before i could realize what was happening these guys manage to sneaks through us and starts to move ahead.

To my great surprise the pillion rider gets out of the bike and heads straight toward the middle of the road trying to blocking the traffic, while his friend on the bike, tries desperately to move ahead and all this while the traffic signal is RED.

These morons actually manage to get to the other side of the road ( After piling up a huge block ) and finally ride away to glory. This entire episode happened under the watchful eyes of the traffic cops who did nothing but watch these guys go past.

The whole episode kept me thinking about the sad state bangalore is in now. These illiterate morons just don't care about the rules and take pride in breaking them. To a large extend these kind of people are responsible for creating bottlenecks on the road. Unfortunately not many of us would want to react/argue with these kind of people as we mostly come from other states and would not want to be a victim to some illiterate hooligans....but where is this beautiful city heading to ??
Old 17th April 2009, 21:03   #587
Senior - BHPian

Jango, you are talking about illiterate people.
Today i saw three young educated people on two bikes enter EGL campus from the wrong side of the road during peak evening rush hour. they blatantly cut across the oncoming traffic to enter EGL.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:05   #588
BANNED

A small percentage of Bangalore population are actually localities. I guess from your experience non-localites need still more time to adjust to the city .
Quote:
Unfortunately not many of us would want to react/argue with these kind of people as we mostly come from other states and would not want to be a victim to some illiterate hooligans....but where is this beautiful city heading to ??
BTW, I have stayed in Bangalore for over 15 years. Nobody has abused me on road, let alone at the traffic signal. Your incident is very surprising. Maybe this behavior also made its way along with the jobs-boom that happened in last few years.
Quote:
Out of no where i see a biker with a pillion push through the signal. He comes just behind us and starts honking. Completely confused i looked back at him and to my surprise these guys start abusing me and my cousin in Kannada

Last edited by diabloo : 17th April 2009 at 21:09.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:44   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Today i saw three young educated people on two bikes enter EGL campus from the wrong side of the road during peak evening rush hour. they blatantly cut across the oncoming traffic to enter EGL.
Being educated really doesn't have its benefits, does it? Big bunch of useless people these!
Old 17th April 2009, 23:12   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
A small percentage of Bangalore population are actually localities. I guess from your experience non-localites need still more time to adjust to the city .
A little more than 5 years is what i have spend in Bangalore. Do i need more time to get adjusted to the city. I really don't think so !!

Quote:
BTW, I have stayed in Bangalore for over 15 years. Nobody has abused me on road, let alone at the traffic signal. Your incident is very surprising. Maybe this behavior also made its way along with the jobs-boom that happened in last few years.
This incident definitely did suprise me too. May be i faced this issues as he spotted me on a KL reg bike and was 100% sure that i was a non-localite. Probably he wouldn't have behaved this way if i was riding a KA reg bike.
Old 17th April 2009, 23:34   #591
BANNED

IMP: People please understand this is the "R-A-N-T" Thread. Not the I-WANT-TO-PUT-DOWN-BANGALORE thread. So if you get a bad stomach eat hajmola.

Now..

What is adjust to a city actually? Learning the language? LOL. I am in India no? I am an Indian citizen no? Hindi is my official language no? Does Karnataka have special status like J&K has? Why should i know the local language? I want to but thats a separate point. This is a big city with people from all over the world working here.

We are not blaming the whole populace for being goons but those who take unbrage and get support because they talk the local lingo. Is who being in right and who being wrong not matter?

A scum like a law breaking autorickshaw driver can hold the main road of this beautiful city to ransom because he dosent want to pay a fine. What can be expected from here. Has any one heard anything like this happening in any other city? Imagine Taxi drivers blocking the Juhu road in Mumbai or Rajpath in Delhi. LOL. Possible only in Bangalore and no less an ACP with his tail between his legs has to plead to the lowly scum to remove the block.

No city is bad, its the way people make it. Each one of us localites and non localites are to be blamed for letting it detoraite to this extent.
Old 17th April 2009, 23:55   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Being educated really doesn't have its benefits, does it? Big bunch of useless people these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys .. want to see more of it .. Try going to ITPL from Kundanahalli gate ... Infront of Teleradiology (RxDx) it happens everyday .. where a good number of people go from the right side of the road ( from the wrong side) as the traffic is blocked from the left side .. Most of the people are well educated and so called IT guys ( a good number of ladies also do the same) .. I have seen couple of times cops catching these people, but what is the use .. Most of the times cops are not there and they cruise happily .. I feel so helpless .. These are well educated guys and still don't respect laws.. forget about the truck drivers and cab drivers .. The slow traffic becomes a mess as they try to get into the left side before the signal blocking the traffic again ....

Can we really do something about it ??
Old 18th April 2009, 00:24   #593
BANNED

I was referring to the guy who jumped the signal - he is yet to fit into the city.
Quote:
A little more than 5 years is what i have spend in Bangalore. Do i need more time to get adjusted to the city. I really don't think so !!
If cop had chased then it would have been comical. I guess cop might have done the right thing - call his collegue at the next junction. The duo, who jumped the signal, would end up right in to the waiting hands of the law.
Quote:
This entire episode happened under the watchful eyes of the traffic cops who did nothing but watch these guys go past.
Old 18th April 2009, 06:01   #594
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hindi is my official language no?
It may be your official language but it is certainly not everybody's official language.
Old 18th April 2009, 10:04   #595
Senior - BHPian

I see most of the so called educated, atleast they dress like one but behave in most insane way...again they might be locals or they might be not....there is a good percentage of people who belong to this lot and sadly they are making this city MISERABLE!
Old 18th April 2009, 16:47   #596
BHPian

Educated guys on bikes and cars behave the same way taking the wrong side of the road with a divider on the fast lane just because the other side of the road has a few potholes. I experience it on my everyday commute to work.

Recently, my friend got pulled up by a traffic cop and he did not have emission certificate with him. The cop checked his purse, found not much money but took sodhexho instead.
Old 20th April 2009, 08:30   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
It may be your official language but it is certainly not everybody's official language.
good one hrag , I so wish we would get back our city as it was 20 years back, alas, paradise lost !!
Old 20th April 2009, 09:17   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
good one hrag , I so wish we would get back our city as it was 20 years back, alas, paradise lost !!
Yeah, no traffic jams, but nowhere as many jobs (or money in the economy), and nowhere as much property prices. Pipe dreams, eh?

And before you try jumping on me - check out Ahmedabad vs Surat - property prices for eg are driven by trade (ie non localite) pretty much.

I am sure rural India has many paradises still in existence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Our only official language is English - because that's the one which gets us our IT jobs!

That apart, you have an interesting point. Hindi is the Union's official language - states are free to choose their official languages!

That aside, Bengaluru traffic is insane - everytime from Banner Ghatta road to Airport takes a min of 1.5 hours (with 1 hour+ for the first 20km). The day I make a mistake of taking a cab from Shoppers Stop (?) - it takes me 2 hours. And the LPG of autos - arghhh.

Public transport is the only way to save this green garden city!!
Old 20th April 2009, 09:23   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yeah, no traffic jams, but nowhere as many jobs (or money in the economy), and nowhere as much property prices. Pipe dreams, eh?

And before you try jumping on me - check out Ahmedabad vs Surat - property prices for eg are driven by trade (ie non localite) pretty much.

I am sure rural India has many paradises still in existence!

Our only official language is English - because that's the one which gets us our IT jobs!

That apart, you have an interesting point. Hindi is the Union's official language - states are free to choose their official languages!

That aside, Bengaluru traffic is insane - everytime from Banner Ghatta road to Airport takes a min of 1.5 hours (with 1 hour+ for the first 20km). The day I make a mistake of taking a cab from Shoppers Stop (?) - it takes me 2 hours. And the LPG of autos - arghhh.

Public transport is the only way to save this green garden city!!
well well, that WAS the major mistake, people created opportunities and there was this parasitic influx, else we were very much happy with whatever there was.

I suffer 3 hrs of Whitefield to JPNagar Ring road traffic daily and its taking a toll on my body, mind and soul (body mainly). Fatigue and restlessness doesnot allow me to even meet friends after the traffic ordeal.

It reminds me of the Agent Smith dialogue from the movie 'THE MATRIX',
Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

we should do something for the environment, its of grave concern for us right now, traffic needs to be reduced

Last edited by gajsh : 20th April 2009 at 09:33.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:15   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
I so wish we would get back our city as it was 20 years back
LOL. I can still see some people living with 2 decade old thinking in a metro called Bengaluru. Its a metro because thats what my HRA deduction says.

Anyway, on a traffic related note, why cant the authorities increase the height of the divider in front of Oasis Mall? These days even call center sumos are taking U turns over that so-called divider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks