Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 09:29   #2056
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Instead of whining here, people should do their part and register a complaint against the person with the authorities. Then you have done your part in making your city a tiny bit more safer.
For example, if someone comes in the wrong way on a one way and bully you, what would you do - go to a police station and lodge a complaint? The best one can do is to adhere to the traffic rules but when the majority of the road-users violate the traffic rules with impunity what is one left with? maybe a post in a forum to vent their frustration with a tinge of hope that situation would get better one day? Maybe???
Old 9th February 2011, 09:47   #2057
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
People regardless of A/S/L have broken/bent the law in one way or the other.
But instead of accepting the fact, people are ignorant and don't realize their own mistakes and instead tend to point out other people's mistakes.

No Body(98% of people in the city at least) is perfect.
Yep. Spot on. It's very easy to be in this blame game - blaming everybody for traffic woes. Unless each one starts disciplining himself/herself, don't expect these to change also.

Quote:
Instead of whining here, people should do their part and register a complaint against the person with the authorities. Then you have done your part in making your city a tiny bit more safer.
mmm. not sure about his. I mean registering the complaint bit is not at all practical. One of those good moments, i tried this and wished that i didn't start the process! (it was in the O.R.R, with the heavy trucks keeping on the right most lane, inspite of big signboards every km or so stating that HTV should not be on this lane - tried to get a cop involved in this and wished that i didn't start
Old 9th February 2011, 11:21   #2058
BANNED

Quote:
But instead of accepting the fact, people are ignorant and don't realize their own mistakes and instead tend to point out other people's mistakes.
Mistakes and blatant disregard of rules is different. Hope you get that. We are talking about the later.

Quote:
No Body(98% of people in the city at least) is perfect.
You don't need to be perfect to follow rules. You need to have discipline and a fear of the law. The earlier part is hugely lacking and the second part you can see hiding behind trees to make a quick buck.

Quote:
Like many here , I do my part(regardless of how small it is) by making the streets a little more safer for myself and others whom i directly or indirectly affect.
That little is not good enough. And I am blaming all of us.

Quote:
When was the last time you registered a complaint? I have done several times and borne the burnt of the abject corruption and sickening attitude of the officials here. Being there seen that. And whining is for the dogs the once whom you think are ready to take our complaint. What you call whining here is nothing compared to what is experienced

If you think there is better more fruitful way that you have managed while registering complaints please note down the steps here. We will follow them.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:15   #2059
BHPian

The city is so sickening on-road. It took 2 1/2 hours to reach BIAL from Anantapur, and took another 2 1/2 hours just to reach Old airport road, all thanks to the Aero show traffic that added to normal traits on BIAL road. To add to this, One Jeep - pickup was parked in front of Leela palace and caused a traffic jam, and when I was passing him in the inching traffic, I gave him a mouthful and asked him to get lost, but he just stared at me. No one else even cared to ask him to move, and we had to drive off as the traffic had started moving.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:32   #2060
BHPian

1) Sometimes i wonder, where are the busy ones heading to ? People honk and honk and honk, all they want is no car or vehicle in front of them And when they get the side, they move at a very slow pace till someone else honks and makes them move. I don't think everyone is so busy, its just that people are so used to the noise and commotion that they cannot live without it anymore. And looks people are getting louder horns these days.

2) I had a narrow miss today, when a speeding indicab jumped a signal and almost hit the autorickshaw i was travelling. And the indicab guy had to brake so hard that he would have lost some tread of tyres that could have given him 10k kms !

The cab driver gets down and tries hitting the auto guy, the auto guy resists and i try to settle the issue. The auto guy did not commit any mistake but seeing i was getting violent, the cab guy tells me very politely that the auto guy jumped signal. All i said is "tu nahin sudarega" and the drivers continued argument till they got tired.

3) One thing i realized, people would jump signals and try to go against the law when they know cops don't care much. Something needs to happen to ensure the cops become strict and people start getting scared of the results of law violations, india would be a better place to live.

4) Currently its free for all, might is right, size matters (of the vehicle). People know that they can fight, scream, give 100rs to police and get away.

And the mayhem continues ! I just hate it, and yes, i don't use horns unless really necessary and follows all rules, probably i am a fool
Old 9th February 2011, 17:46   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Mistakes and blatant disregard of rules is different. Hope you get that. We are talking about the later.

You don't need to be perfect to follow rules. You need to have discipline and a fear of the law. The earlier part is hugely lacking and the second part you can see hiding behind trees to make a quick buck.

That little is not good enough. And I am blaming all of us.

When was the last time you registered a complaint? I have done several times and borne the burnt of the abject corruption and sickening attitude of the officials here. Being there seen that. And whining is for the dogs the once whom you think are ready to take our complaint. What you call whining here is nothing compared to what is experienced

If you think there is better more fruitful way that you have managed while registering complaints please note down the steps here. We will follow them.

You add fuel to my argument again....
If going to the authorities itself is no use, what is the point of ranting here on cyberspace?
People in India understand the language of the stick.

Next time you find some one stopping on the zebra crossing then do care to open your window and give him a piece of your mind/advice him.

One of my favorite Quotes :"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."(from the Movie Oldboy)
Regardless of how small the effort,It Does count.

Example :Myself signaling a lane change indication or stopping before the stop line or giving way to an ambulance or any other "lawful" behavior. Regardless of how much a person fails to accept/follow it, It some how or the other will have some impact over that persons subconscious mind.

Vinay
Old 9th February 2011, 21:38   #2062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Next time you find some one stopping on the zebra crossing then do care to open your window and give him a piece of your mind/advice him.
I am quite sure that Spitfire does EXACTLY that.

Quote:

One of my favorite Quotes :"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."(from the Movie Oldboy)
Regardless of how small the effort,It Does count.
and again, he does EXACTLY that.

I have a deep respect for guys like him who put themselves up against bad drivers who have no sense of road etiquette and plain simple bad manners.

I just pray that he and people like him don't come to any harm considering some people on the road don't mind getting way beyond physical when corrected.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:50   #2063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I just pray that he and people like him don't come to any harm considering some people on the road don't mind getting way beyond physical when corrected.
Hey I am deeply humbled dude. Now can you go slow on deleting my posts

But seriously the fear of the unknown has got into me with the various incidents being reported. Now when I am with family the adrenaline is kept in check. But when I am on my own, its a rush again.
Old 9th February 2011, 23:42   #2064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
But seriously the fear of the unknown has got into me with the various incidents being reported. Now when I am with family the adrenaline is kept in check. But when I am on my own, its a rush again.
Precisely!

I was in the habit of making people aware of their stupidity and lack of road sense; a couple of times I had people follow my car, stop and bang on the window hurling abuses; the whole thing being at a level I would never stoop to.

Biggest deterrant is, people nearby wouldn't bother; they would just want their share of entertainment.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:58   #2065
BHPian

Had this experience yesterday on the ORR. Was inching along the ORR near the Belandur flyover construction zone in the left most lane on the 2 lane road. A red WagonR moves from the left lane without any signal into the right lane making me brake hard. I honk and let him know my displeasure, i can very well see the guy staring back and looking at me. later we come up to the 3 lane road and i am in the middle lane. i can see the right most lane is clogging up and slowing down and the leftmost lane is taken up by two wheelers. the middle lane is moving around 40kmph and slowing down. I have a Vectra in front of me and am following it. now i spot the wagonR in the rightmost lane and as i come alongside the red WagonR he switches on his left indicator and tries to push me off the lane. i hold my lane as i have no where to go meanwhile the rightmost lane has almost stopped and the WagonR has to brake with loads of screeching tyre noise to avoid rear ending the alto in front of him. am pretty sure the WagonR was not even concentrating on the car in front and was more engrossed in getting into the middle lane leading to him having to make the emergency braking. Thankfully he didnt cause any damage to others because of his stupidity.
Old 14th February 2011, 13:19   #2066
BHPian

I growled and shouted at dozens of rule-breakers yesterday.

Here is an image of a policeman riding without a helmet, and in the wrong direction of old airport road. What audacity!
Attached Images

Old 14th February 2011, 13:32   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why there was so little traffic on the roads today? I reached office in just over an hour.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:23   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Any idea why there was so little traffic on the roads today? I reached office in just over an hour.
i was wondering the same. the Bansaswadi road is usually gridlocked at 9am, but today was almost abandoned. i asked my wife if today was some sort of holiday.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:35   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i was wondering the same. the Bansaswadi road is usually gridlocked at 9am, but today was almost abandoned. i asked my wife if today was some sort of holiday.
Has it something to do with the "Don't buy petrol on 14th" campaign against rising petrol costs?
Old 14th February 2011, 14:37   #2070
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea why there was so little traffic on the roads today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i was wondering the same.
Extended weekend for the love birds maybe.

I am in office.

PS: I am married.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks