Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 07:27   #7036
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
IMHO, the best option is to stay as close to the office as possible. i agree its not always the easiest option, but in the long run, this is the one which has the least detrimental effect on your family time, as well as peace of mind while on the roads.
The other better option is early commute. Come what may, it works. The only flip side is; one has to wake up early whether its that previous day's late night show, or late browsing on forum, or that long running office call! If you can plan to be in office by 7/7:30 nothing like it.

Still however many do not following this schedule. That's simply because, one can chose when to come, but one is NOT able to chose when to leave! Thats the impediment. If people can control their both entry and exit times, it can solve the problem. 3/4PM returning time and then working from home, also is a BIG-BIG life saver in terms of traffic.
Old 11th November 2014, 07:28   #7037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
that was a big slip.

Two simple ways to cut down time spent in traffic:
What works for me is getting up early around 5 am. Finish your morning routine by 7:00 am and hit the road by 7:30. If Bangalore's with you, you should reach your office by 8 (+ or - 10 mins). Start from office around 4 - 4:30 and again keeping fingers crossed, hope to reach home by 5 - 5:30 pm.

Of course this works best if you can also work from home (in evening) otherwise, syncing up with colleagues in Europe or US becomes a challenge.

But, no doubt, automatic is now a must in Bangalore. With automatic transmission now giving FE equal to (if not more) manual, it only makes it all the more a strong case.
Old 11th November 2014, 08:09   #7038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Still however many do not following this schedule. That's simply because, one can chose when to come, but one is NOT able to chose when to leave! Thats the impediment. If people can control their both entry and exit times, it can solve the problem. 3/4PM returning time and then working from home, also is a BIG-BIG life saver in terms of traffic.
I have been doing this schedule from last 5 years. I wake up at 5 and in office at 7 AM from Gottigere to Whitefield.

In the evening, I leave at 3:30 PM no matter what and I am home by 4:45 PM. Again I start working from 7 PM for couple of hours if required.

This has resolved lot of issues for me like traffic, time with family and also I have started car pooling from last 9 months. Its working wonders.

Only crib is that I have to get up at 5 AM day in day out, makes me wake up on holidays as well.

Regards
Old 11th November 2014, 08:59   #7039
BHPian

Here is my first rant

I was holding this for long and can't hold anymore
I too start early to work (7AM) and leave early (4.30PM guy. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of working from home, because I am a mechanical engineer working on Aerospace.
I travel Graphite India Signal -Kundalahalli-HAL-Manipal route. My office is near Manipal. Morning I will take maximum 25 minutes for the onward journey and evening a minimum of 1 hour for the return journey i.e 13 kms/hr
Now a days Marathalli/Kundalahalli gate has become totally mess. I see the traffic situation is becoming bad to worse. I am sorry for the guys who travel daily from Vydehi circle to Marathalli. I know how bad it can be.
A sigh of relief!
Old 11th November 2014, 10:00   #7040
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this is true : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/45103474.cms

If they did so, its definitely a relief for most of us who use the ring road for work commute. I posted on the BTP page asking if it was going to be implemented ? No response as yet.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:29   #7041
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Today i traveled by my 2 wheeler from Bommanahalli to ITPL. Went Via Mangamanapalya, HSR, Agara flyover, ORR, Panathur level crossing, Graphite India and Vydehi hospital to reach office. The journey time was approx 45 min.
The panathur route is good if one is commuting by 2 wheeler. After reaching office, shook the jerkin only to find a cloud of dust leaving the jerkin. I must say the roads are polluted to the core.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:33   #7042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I don't know if this is true : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/45103474.cms

If they did so, its definitely a relief for most of us who use the ring road for work commute. I posted on the BTP page asking if it was going to be implemented ? No response as yet.
We have got trucks plying happily in city roads all through the day.

Yesterday night at 10:00PM a Sand Truck broke down right opposite to Esteem Mall towards Airport and the jam extended right from Hebbal flyover.

Bangalore indeed has been one of the cities where I have seen the most lenient attitude by authorities when it comes to banning trucks. Smallest of the Tier II cities have a well implemented plan on this.

I only hope this (news) happens!
Old 11th November 2014, 10:37   #7043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This will affect the truck traffic from Hosur road to Hyderabad road side?

Or are they using some other road already to skip the city traffic?
Old 11th November 2014, 10:41   #7044
Team-BHP Support

NH207 is what they should use to bypass truck traffic out of Bangalore. Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Baglur-Hosur. All they need state crossing check point at the Sarjapur-Bagalur stretch. Thats an ideal bypass and wont touch Bangalore. Wonder why they dont do it.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:43   #7045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
This will affect the truck traffic from Hosur road to Hyderabad road side?

Or are they using some other road already to skip the city traffic?
Unless there is a complete ban on trucks entering the city limits, it aint of any use. NICE road connectivity is available between a few major highways and I think it's about time they put it to use. Most of these guys use the arterial roads of the city to avoid paying tolls on the NICE road.

The worst of the lot is the Whitefield Main Road and its surrounding areas. Trucks haphazardly parked/broken down/illegal U-turns and this area is the IT hub of Bangalore.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:44   #7046
BHPian

There was a big jam today morning in the service road leading to Electronic City Phase I from Hosa Road Junction. This was caused due to a few vans from the NECE exit towards Silk Board taking a 5-6 point U-turn to go to the opposite direction.
To my surprise, almost everyone was well disciplined on the service road, forming just a single line (everyone doesn't include autorikshaws). And then it happened. A red SX4 zoomed past at a very high speed, on to the on-coming traffic, forcing them off the service road and forming the next lane. And then all discipline vanished. The irony was that the red SX4 that was doing that stupid move had a genuine T-BHP sticker on the rear bumper which read "I drive safe".
Old 11th November 2014, 10:55   #7047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless there is a complete ban on trucks entering the city limits, it aint of any use. NICE road connectivity is available between a few major highways and I think it's about time they put it to use. Most of these guys use the arterial roads of the city to avoid paying tolls on the NICE road.
I think the trucks always take the NICE road. But it covers only half the circle. Other half is missing & so ORR fills that gap.
Quote:
The worst of the lot is the Whitefield Main Road and its surrounding areas. Trucks haphazardly parked/broken down/illegal U-turns and this area is the IT hub of Bangalore.
There are few container companies in Whitefield area, one in EPIP, another one at ITPL near the railway track. I guess these have to be shifted as well.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:00   #7048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Here is my first rant
I travel Graphite India Signal -Kundalahalli-HAL-Manipal route.
Did you try the route via HAL - CV Raman Nagar - Kaggadaspura - Gopalan School - Graphite Signal? Till 4 years back (when I was staying in Kaggadaspura) this route was my favorite to travel between Old Airport Road and Whitefield. But, I know 4 years is a long time in Bangalore to make hell out of any route.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:23   #7049
Distinguished - BHPian

Important day of the week - Monday
Important road of the City - Leading to the Airport
Important element goes missing - Common sense

Here's what travelers had to encounter on a Monday afternoon. Most of the traffic here typically goes to the Airport during this time of the day. Notice the traffic standstill on the oncoming lane( after 22s):

A Pothole that really was not a huge cause for concern which required immediate attention gets fixed right during the noon (the timestamp appearing the video is wrongly set) resulting in traffic blocked all the way beyond Windsor Manor Bridge and Golf course!

Dashcam - Purchase dates back to 2010-11, better models available today. So forget about this one
Old 11th November 2014, 12:03   #7050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
From what I have observed, the snarl in the Agara-Iblur-Ecospace stretch is due to the following:
1. Tussle between vehicles to get into the Iblur service road.
2. Speed breaker at Iblur bus stop, causing crawling speed. (Remember "A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo")
3. BMTC bus stop at Iblur, merging of service road, lane changing causing havoc here.
4. Sarjapur road junction signal, BMTC bus stop.
5. Bus stop at Bellandur flyover. The road narrows here too.
6. Pedestrian crossing at Ecospace.
7. Bad traffic management below Intel flyover. Vehicle go in all directions in all permutations. A bad snarl here has its effect till Agara!
I try and stay in the right lane at Iblur. Depending on the traffic light signal towards Sarjapur, I take a call to take the free left on the ORR itself or go to the traffic light and turn left onto ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
that was a big slip.

2.) Buy an automatic, my stress levels have come down automatically. Buy a low powered car, there is nothing I can do but wait wait for ages for the speed to build up , no thoughts of over talking also.
I found I was losing my temper with the Vtec and VRs, the move to the Jetta has made me calmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
IMHO, the best option is to stay as close to the office as possible. i agree its not always the easiest option, but in the long run, this is the one which has the least detrimental effect on your family time, as well as peace of mind while on the roads.
Ideal but when you want to chill in town, it is a hassle, and also childrens school commute times come first. Problem with living near is that you could be taken for granted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other better option is early commute. Come what may, it works. The only flip side is; one has to wake up early whether its that previous day's late night show, or late browsing on forum, or that long running office call! If you can plan to be in office by 7/7:30 nothing like it.

True - I do this since I have con calls with the West cost most evenings. I come earlier than others and leave early. I sometimes work in an office in town, I happen to work longer hours there since commute time is less

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
W\
Of course this works best if you can also work from home (in evening) otherwise, syncing up with colleagues in Europe or US becomes a challenge.

But, no doubt, automatic is now a must in Bangalore. With automatic transmission now giving FE equal to (if not more) manual, it only makes it all the more a strong case.
Only issue is that your day never ends!

Quote:
Quote:

I wish the police would make trucks drive on the left. Stopping trucks will mean hell on the roads at night and also affects commerce

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks