Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 22:38   #9421
BHPian

Jam alert - On top of KR Puram bridge going towards Tin factory. Have spent 1/2 hour already at standstill.
Old 6th October 2015, 00:17   #9422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

JAM ALERT @ 12:10 AM - ISRO (and beyond) to Intel Flyover

There is a massive jam of about 7-8 kms from ISRO Junction (and probably beyond, because I took a deviation from here) till Intel Flyover.
Roads are spanking clear from Intel flyover towards Bellandur - Sarjapur - Silk Board, etc.

People wanting to go under the Intel flyover have blocked the entire width of the road leading to the Intel flyover ramp.

As a result, people wanting to moving straight towards Bellandur - Sarjapur, etc are stuck behind.

The only hope I see is if BTP folks come down and do a drilling of the people choking the straight ramp to Intel flyover.

The jam doesn't look like getting cleared before 2 - 3 AM. Pity on the people stuck, after spending 9 hours at work.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 07:36   #9423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Traffic Jam Alert : stretch from Tata Croma and devarabeesanahalli underpass towards Sarjapur junction fully jammed at 4:10 pm...probably the new u turn near ecospace that somebody was mentioning in the morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Big jam right from marathahalli on ORR towards belandur. Moving very slowly. Not sure why. Luckily am in a Volvo. Expect it to quickly build up towards kundanahalli and kr puram side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Huge traffic block from EMC, all the way to Belandur and beyond on ORR.
Pls avoid if you can.
Yesterday evening I was stuck in this massive traffic jam. Left office at 4:30 PM from Vydehi and reached Gottigere on Bannerghatta Road at 8:00 PM. Marathahalli area was stand still for 45 Mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
JAM ALERT @ 12:10 AM - ISRO (and beyond) to Intel Flyover

There is a massive jam of about 7-8 kms from ISRO Junction (and probably beyond, because I took a deviation from here) till Intel Flyover.
Roads are spanking clear from Intel flyover towards Bellandur - Sarjapur - Silk Board, etc.

People wanting to go under the Intel flyover have blocked the entire width of the road leading to the Intel flyover ramp.

As a result, people wanting to moving straight towards Bellandur - Sarjapur, etc are stuck behind.

The only hope I see is if BTP folks come down and do a drilling of the people choking the straight ramp to Intel flyover.

The jam doesn't look like getting cleared before 2 - 3 AM. Pity on the people stuck, after spending 9 hours at work.
What time did you reach home?

Event courts tell the accused for what someone is being punished for. Here I was punished to suffer in a 3.5 hours traffic jam without even knowing why. I demand to know why, may be I am guilty of electing this Government.

I keep saying to my friends and family that traffic jam on Ring Road is similar to the Movie "Interstellar". You enter this wormhole called ring road or silkboard or KR Puram Bridge and by the time you transverse this worm hole, my family and friends are older by 2 hours.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 08:08   #9424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Event courts tell the accused for what someone is being punished for. Here I was punished to suffer in a 3.5 hours traffic jam without even knowing why. I demand to know why, may be I am guilty of electing this Government.

I keep saying to my friends and family that traffic jam on Ring Road is similar to the Movie "Interstellar". You enter this wormhole called ring road or silkboard or KR Puram Bridge and by the time you transverse this worm hole, my family and friends are older by 2 hours.

Regards
Commuting in bangalore traffic is like entering a Chakravyuha (Son of Arjuna, Abhimanya enters the same in Mahabharatha). All that we know is when we leave our homes. Abhimanyu did not know how to come out of Chakravyuha while we know how to come out.
But when we will come out is a mystery which i think even Sherlock Holmes will not be able to solve.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:28   #9425
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing I dont understand is why there is a blockage under KR Puram bridge when we are going towards ITPL. The other side I understand is because of the cross traffic coming from one interior road. But going towards ITPL, the traffic is crawling until under the bridge and suddenly everything clears up and both the ring road and ITPL main road will be free. Dont understand why this happens. If this bottleneck is cleared, it will save nearly ten minutes of my commute.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:43   #9426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
One thing I dont understand is why there is a blockage under KR Puram bridge when we are going towards ITPL. The other side I understand is because of the cross traffic coming from one interior road. But going towards ITPL, the traffic is crawling until under the bridge and suddenly everything clears up and both the ring road and ITPL main road will be free. Dont understand why this happens. If this bottleneck is cleared, it will save nearly ten minutes of my commute.
Railway Station, Pedestrian movement, Haphazard Parking by cabbies and ricks, BMTC and company buses stopping at their will - All this with a Tooth Paste Tube "Pass" below the bridge that converges from 4 lanes to just 2 here.

Apart from this you may have noticed how cops allow petty local trucks to park alongside this road between the Muthu Maramma Temple and the station. At times it creates chaos too!

KR Puram Bridge can never get into history books for our kids, for they will also have to suffer when they work at ITPL.

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th October 2015 at 08:44.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:54   #9427
BHPian

Quote:
That is because of the very poor design in that junction.
  • Traffic coming from OMR & heading towards ORR/ITPL
  • Traffic coming from Ramamurthynagar & heading towards Hosakote

These form a 'X' pattern there. Given our lane discipline, it is bound to be chaos all the time . We need a signal where the Ramamurthynagar flyover ends. That could mitigate the problem to a certain extent, but then we still have red light jumpers.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:12   #9428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Apart from what Parag mentioned, the other big reason is big trucks that tend to take a U turn. That also holds traffic.

Add to it Murphy's Law at its best! Some truck always dies out at that very location. Have seen this happen most times.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:29   #9429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I dont understand is why there is a blockage under KR Puram bridge when we are going towards ITPL.
The unsignalled junction in front of KR Puram station entrance is a major contributor. It is a free-for-all for anticlockwise ORR traffic taking a U-turn to reach the station (autos and private vehicles) and clockwise traffic taking U-turn the other way (there is no other convenient way for clockwise ORR traffic to take city-bound OMR; a major miss in that intersection planning). There are private and public vehicles dropping and picking passengers in front of KR Puram station, cross traffic entering and exiting the station parking lot etc.

Once you are past the station complex there is a building on railway property that looks abandoned but still creates a serious bottleneck (3-4 lanes suddenly become 2). Once you are past this, it is generally free except the idiots on the right lane wanting to go to Whitefield.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:40   #9430
BHPian

Today the U-turn near Ecospace is taking its toll on traffic movement. The idea I think was decongest narrow service road but the U-turn created exclusively for folk going to Ecospace is causing the Ring Road bound traffic to be held up since the genius called cabbies are turning two or three at a time in parallel. This is causing slow traffic on both side of the Ring Road. Previously it was only the office goers walking down the road but now they are joined by cabbies rushing to get into the campus shooting diagonally across the ORR to get first across the finish line in Ecospace. Looks like Ecospace is calling the shots. I dread to think that when the "Mapletree" tech park starts functioning and the Ecoworld starts working at full capacity the chaos is going to be many fold.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:57   #9431
Distinguished - BHPian

Travelled from Hebbal to Dairy Circle in 45 mins flat (via Jayamahal Road, Indian Express Circle, Jewels De Paragon, Lal Bagh), started a little before 9 am and reached by 9:40 am. I was dreading getting caught up in traffic halts due to Ms. Merkel's visit, and seem to have gotten lucky.

Now that I've used my luck up, I'm expecting to have a brick fall on my head as I'm struck by lightning.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:50   #9432
BHPian

A pedestrian overbridge which can be quickly assembled and then installed over a weekend would make things much better.

For errant cabbies and the arrogant souls who with their "chalta hain attitude" can cause traffic blocks the administration can take a look at this

http://www.roadshark.com/tire-shredd...tire-shredder/

This will be a deterent for sure.

Last edited by ampere : 6th October 2015 at 11:26. Reason: Removed quoted post and edited political references.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:55   #9433
Distinguished - BHPian

One reason for the U turn near Intel - Ecospace on ORR to be opened may be due to gas pipeline work on service road.
GAIL is lying gas pipeline for direct home distribution on service road, they have dug up and made a mess of patched up road near Chroma / Domino's opposite to Prestige tech park. Last week they started the work on New Horizon college - Ecospace leaving almost half of the service road unusable after rains.

This is causing block around Intel flyover, this may be the reason of opening of divider for U turn. Though I should say it made the bad situation worse. On top of that, a slight drizzle and start of the flyover becomes an Olympic size swimming pool causing traffic build up all way till Kadubeesinahalli underpass.

During this mess yesterday evening around 06.45, a car caught fire exactly at entrance of Kadubeesinahalli underpass. Luckily it was on left most side, there was smoke coming from the car for a minute or so before flames started to erupt. Driver had already parked the vehicle and got out before this. Was not able to check the details since I was on service road few meters ahead when this happened.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:04   #9434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
A pedestrian overbridge which can be quickly assembled and then installed over a weekend would make things much better.
The pedestrian bridge is coming. Had posted the invite to the 'Ground Breaking' Ceremony (October 1st) in this earlier post

I think it is being sponsored by ORRCA and the company reps have had a close say in the vendor selection, design and execution plans. So hope it does not take years to do.

OT: Hope they managed to find some place for the 'Ground breaking'. That whole service road area is anyway fully broken.

Last edited by ampere : 6th October 2015 at 11:27. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 6th October 2015, 11:20   #9435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Apart from this you may have noticed how cops allow petty local trucks to park alongside this road between the Muthu Maramma Temple and the station. At times it creates chaos too!
I usually stick to the middle or the left lane since I take the road to whitefield but I pass this stretch at 7AM. At that time its some school buses that create a nuisance to the left. Suddenly after the bridge everything gets sorted out and the road is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
That is because of the very poor design in that junction.
  • Traffic coming from OMR & heading towards ORR/ITPL
  • Traffic coming from Ramamurthynagar & heading towards Hosakote
This X pattern is the biggest design defect in that area. Ideally they should have merged the hanging bridge and the ring road and created two criss crossing ramps to separate the traffic flow. Or at least one ramp would have made things so much better. Totally stupid planning by BDA or BBMP or whoever that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add to it Murphy's Law at its best! Some truck always dies out at that very location. Have seen this happen most times.
Today it was a damn indica cab that had leaked coolant right in the middle of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Once you are past the station complex there is a building on railway property that looks abandoned but still creates a serious bottleneck (3-4 lanes suddenly become 2). Once you are past this, it is generally free except the idiots on the right lane wanting to go to Whitefield.
This is the reason I usually dont stay on the right. Its usually slow moving and since I go to whitefield, it is difficult to change lanes later or move left at the bridge. Given that the opening below the bridge is too narrow for both railway tracks and road to pass, its very difficult to widen the two laned stretch.

If only the planners were a bit more smarter, what is now a horrible stretch to pass through would have been so much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks