Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 16:52   #17716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Half-done white-topped bits of ORR on the Nayandahalli - Tumkur Road stretch have just been abandoned, causing horrendous traffic with no end in sight.
That's not good news for me as this is my return route from work IF I go to EC.

Last I went was more than a month back but even then white topping work was still in progress causing slow moving traffic that lasted for about 5 minutes but nothing more.

Your post tells me that it's gone bad that a stretch of ORR that remained so consistent with traffic till now such that It never delayed me even once reaching my kid's school 45 Km away from EC is now a gamble till this so called white topping thing is complete .
Old 26th September 2019, 10:07   #17717
BHPian

Another rant... please bear with me. I am now traversing the dreaded Jayadeva to Silk board road and looking at the metro construction and the heavy equipment , I am sure there is a accident waiting to happen. The height of the pillars should be around 40 feet and there are big cranes lifting equipment with a deadlocked traffic besides it. I pray to god that nothing untoward happens.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 10:10   #17718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Your post tells me that it's gone bad that a stretch of ORR that remained so consistent with traffic till now such that It never delayed me even once reaching my kid's school 45 Km away from EC is now a gamble till this so called white topping thing is complete .
I've been thay way a few times the last couple weeks, fortunately mostly on early morning airport runs on the affected side, but noticed traffic build-up when returning the other way. The work appears to be halted (no progress on concrete laying plus equipment seemed wrapped up for temporary storage until removed).

Silver lining, it isn't a long stretch, maybe 200 metres of laid concrete plus another few hundred metres cordoned off and scraped for surface prep. Should be easy to restore if/when they decide to scrap the project completely.

Chaos in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
....there are big cranes lifting equipment with a deadlocked traffic besides it. I pray to god that nothing untoward happens.
Similar story on the Mysore Road stretch under construction. They usually do it at night, but now there are hardly any barriers left upto Kengeri, plus it's a busy stretch of road so there's always traffic even when I'm returning home near midnight. I got the creeps needing to pass under the arm of a couple cranes everyday, and was surprised at the nonchalance of people who stopped to take u-turns right under one of them (one unbuilt section is a split in the median to enter Nayandahalli).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th September 2019 at 10:16.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 11:29   #17719
BHPian

Sarjapura road from Iblur gate to Fire station is being repaired.

I can't help but admire the BBMP's marvelous technology of laying roads. There is no concept of leveling the stretch, preparing the base, etc. They just lay it over, as if they weren't laying a road. Instead, it's like you do the quick-fix with potholes. It's a fleeting infatuation, you have your hormones up for a fortnight, but it ain't gonna last. You know it from the beginning.

For some unexplainable reason, repair activities have picked up in and around Bellandur. They have leveled (not repaired) AET junction and even planning to repair the road.

BBMP seems to have lost its mind completely. What will I crib about if they fix it all?
Old 29th September 2019, 12:59   #17720
BHPian

Ravi Belagere's rant on Bengaluru traffic, traffic police, views on traffic fines etc.

AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 13:33   #17721
Senior - BHPian

He has no morality to speak about others, a mere show-off guy of Kannada media.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 16:09   #17722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
He has no morality to speak about others, a mere show-off guy of Kannada media.
I dont see the need to discuss about the background of a person, which has no relation to what he has spoken here. For this video on traffic, let us not bring in the other topics he has spoken about. At least, he is speaking sense in this video, no matter how exaggerated or how much he himself practices. I sincerely hope videos like these will at least slightly influence people in doing right things instead of protesting against rules and stuff.
For those who do not understand the language, the video in brief is based on the thought that though the increase in fines look enormous and give a picture of fleecing the common man, we could just change our mindset and follow rules so that the scenario of paying high fines does not come up at all.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 18:14   #17723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Sarjapura road from Iblur gate to Fire station is being repaired.

BBMP seems to have lost its mind completely. What will I crib about if they fix it all?
Don't worry, there will always be the opportunity. A couple of weeks before the elections in April, they had tarred the stretch from Kaikondrahalli all the way to Carmelaram. After a few weeks, the road started sinking (because they had just tarred over the dug up portions without any leveling), then they started doing massive digging on the tarred stretches. For a long time it was a dangerous mix of cement mix and gravel. Now they have patched it again.

Will be pleasantly surprised if that cycle does not continue
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 20:20   #17724
Senior - BHPian

Unless there is a fear of law, nobody is going to obey traffic rules. The way this generation of youngsters are shaping up, we can only see a spoiled, lawless society in another 10 years.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 21:26   #17725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Your post tells me that it's gone bad that a stretch of ORR that remained so consistent with traffic till now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Silver lining, it isn't a long stretch, maybe 200 metres of laid concrete plus another few hundred metres cordoned off and scraped for surface prep. Should be easy to restore if/when they decide to scrap the project completely....
Work seems to be restarting. Driving that way Saturday night, noticed they've cordoned off one lane of nearly a kilometer long stretch and surface scraping/prep has started.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 07:41   #17726
BHPian

Jam alert - Seems to be a major accident involving a Etios, Scooter and a Truck near Ecospace flyover en-route to Marathalli. Passed by this spot at 7AM, traffic has already piled up for 1-2 kms, so plan you work accordingly!.
Old 30th September 2019, 07:45   #17727
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of the time I saw a truck hit, and then run over a scooterist's head in front of Aadya Motors in Hebbal. I was in shock for days after that. Hope everyone is safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Jam alert - Seems to be a major accident involving a Etios, Scooter and a Truck near Ecospace flyover en-route to Marathalli. Passed by this spot at 7AM, traffic has already piled up for 1-2 kms, so plan you work accordingly!.
Old 30th September 2019, 09:24   #17728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Unless there is a fear of law, nobody is going to obey traffic rules. The way this generation of youngsters are shaping up, we can only see a spoiled, lawless society in another 10 years.
Perfectly agree. To be frank Indian laws are archiaic and becoming a joke. We follow a model which worked in Britian some 90-100 years back. We need to have a judicial system (and laws and punishments) to cater to Indian society. Countries like US, Singapore etc. actually did this and it only benefited those nations in the long run.

Rights without any sense of duty; that is now what is happening in India.
Old 30th September 2019, 20:43   #17729
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday we had an early morning flight to catch and booked Mega Cab for airport drop at 2:45 am. After travelling about 15 kms, I noticed that the driver (should be around 50 years) was not driving normally and appeared sleepy. I was sitting next to him. I told him to stop the car and wash his face, which he did but again I saw him sleeping while waiting at the toll gate. I had offered him to drive if he is uncomfortable but he said he is fine. Rest of the distance I had to actively monitor him until we reached the airport. Anyone travelling to airport late night or early morning in cabs must keep an eye on the driver for fatigue symptoms. I will also consider taking BMTC KIA Service even with family, which I regularly take if I am travelling alone on personal trips.

Last edited by airbus : 30th September 2019 at 21:00.
Old 30th September 2019, 21:04   #17730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I will also consider taking BMTC KIA Service even with family, which I regularly take if I am travelling alone on personal trips.
Problem is getting a BMTC bus after midnight. Their operations are a little sparse till 5 am

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks