Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 16:29   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
He has undergone professional training abroad on track and drag racing.
I am sorry Rahul, but that doesnt make you GOD. And the road aint a track or a drag strip.

Feel real bad about the car.

Last edited by Sideways : 8th June 2007 at 16:32.
Old 8th June 2007, 16:30   #182
BANNED

Mclaren, Bombay road is not abroad or track or drag. Situation is very different here so drivers must be restrained.

With great power comes great responsibility. Or great accidents.
Old 8th June 2007, 16:33   #183
BANNED

I heard Mihir was not driving or not even in the car when it crashed! This is even more shocking!
Old 8th June 2007, 16:35   #184
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I am sorry Rahul, but that doesnt make you GOD. And the road aint a track or a drag strip.

Feel real bad about the car.
Completely agree with you farhan. But I was just stating scooby's statement. He can handle it, but anything can happen. Jiggy how exactly did the accident happen?

Zakko, that is even more shocking. If it is true I can imagine what Mihir must be going through.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th June 2007 at 16:36.
Old 8th June 2007, 16:49   #185
BANNED

Guys,

Mihir's brother was driving the car and he was all alone. Was overspeeding lost control and ended up smashing the car. Thats all the info I can part with on the forum.

Viper
Old 8th June 2007, 17:13   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Completely agree with you farhan. But I was just stating scooby's statement. He can handle it, but anything can happen. Jiggy how exactly did the accident happen?

Zakko, that is even more shocking. If it is true I can imagine what Mihir must be going through.
For your info:-
Have any of you'll heard about "TOYS FOR BOYS"
that is what i meant by BOYS, when they become boys from grown ups and that invariably happens under some influence!!
in this case could be the boy in the person driving if its not Mihir.
I also tend to become a Boy at times!! training or no training.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:28   #187
BHPian

Can't think of anything. Mind is numb. That was a masterpiece. Very sad.
Old 8th June 2007, 19:49   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Guys,

Mihir's brother was driving the car and he was all alone. Was overspeeding lost control and ended up smashing the car. Thats all the info I can part with on the forum.

Viper
Is Mihir's bro ok? Lucky no other people or cars were involved.. Guys please drive carefully on roads, each time you drive you ARE responsible for other road user's lives also.. and no matter how heavily modded your car is, dont assume it WILL stop on a dime and take any corner at any speed (none of this is related to the STI's accident, just wanted to take this oppertunity) .. I dont know what exactly happened out there with the STI so i'm not assuming anything.. Just wanted to say, Careful guys..
Old 8th June 2007, 19:54   #189
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking end to a fine machine.

I agree with everything scooby has to say here. He is much more experienced in racing and driving than anyone of the young guys out here. And he obviously is speaking from years of experience. It happens to everyone one. Just the fault of adrelenin rush in young blood.

Just having a fast car doesnt mean being king of the world. One should enjoy the speed in a responsible manner. Rip the car at a track but definately not on city roads. You may be a fantastic driver but when it isnt your day, it just isnt.

Glad to hear the driver was safe. If its as bad as its being described, he should thank his stars for being alive.

Its a real sad thing to happen Mihir but you should be glad your brother is safe

Rest in peace WRX Sti. One more good car bites the dust
Old 8th June 2007, 21:29   #190
BHPian

Luckily the car was fitted with a roll-cage (it looks like from pics), if it was as bad as it sounds, i guess the roll cage must have helped in some way.. previously in this thread there was concern about the passeger-side airbag's normal functioning being hampered due to the many gauges fitted on top of it.. i know its a bit early to ask, but i was just wondering if anyone can give some info on if the airbag deployed normally in the STI.. might give us all some valuable information on safety.. thanks.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:32   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
For your info:-
Have any of you'll heard about "TOYS FOR BOYS"
that is what i meant by BOYS, when they become boys from grown ups and that invariably happens under some influence!!
in this case could be the boy in the person driving if its not Mihir.
I also tend to become a Boy at times!! training or no training.
Very sad to hear about the Sti.
Well Scooby is right in both ways. The guy driving, Was a "Boy" at least age wise. It was the owner's younger brother but its not as if he was looking to crash it. We all are quick to deduce that a late night car crash = clubbing + drinks consumed + more drinks = drunk dead + stupidly speeding. It could be that this all or part of it is true but until we get our facts right, lets not convict the poor chap. It has happened to me one late 31st night, long long ago when a gay tailgated me in full speed with his fiat on worli seaface just outside the dairy. My Maruti 800 was smashed and so was his fiat. Turned out that none of us had had, a sip to drink. This was a 17 year old guy with no licence but apparantly had fallen asleep on the wheel. What does one say to this.
The fact remains that a lot of accidents happen due to the Right Cars in the Wrong hands. Anyone can floor the pedal and extract speed from a monster like that but to be able to control the speed is another issue altogether. On the dragstrip its straight all the way. Training on the drag strip or track does not make you a better driver on the common road.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th June 2007 at 01:23. Reason: oops...should have read the posts below :P
Old 9th June 2007, 01:26   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
If its as bad as its being described,
Rest in peace WRX Sti. One more good car bites the dust
Glad to hear that driver is safe.

Was it so bad that it cant come on roads again ? Was it totalled ?
Old 9th June 2007, 10:29   #193
Team-BHP Support

Sad to hear about the WRX. A great machine gone to waste. Good to know the driver was safe. As someone mentioned the roll cage might have played an important role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
It has happened to me one late 31st night, long long ago when a gay tailgated me in full speed with his fiat on worli seaface just outside the dairy. My Maruti 800 was smashed and so was his fiat. Turned out that none of us had had, a sip to drink.
gogi paaji, sorry but couldnt resist. Must have been scary to get tailgated.
Old 9th June 2007, 11:15   #194
Jay
BHPian

Whoa Shokking, when did this happen, too bad that such a wonderful car is put to rest this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How can nothing happened to driver if car is totalled? Airbags came into play?
This can happen, even without the airbags.....

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th June 2007 at 03:38.
Old 9th June 2007, 11:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where the car is currently?!
Is it a complete loss?! Or only the body is extensively damaged?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks