Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 15:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Do they (HD) provide 24x7 road assistance like they have for cars? Just asking, have no clue if the same exists for bikes or not.
Yes sir. They have a 24x7 Roadside assistance Program (RSA).
Old 8th May 2014, 16:14   #107
BHPian

Excellent, I can't wait to join the ranks, too bad I've to wait couple of months.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 16:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
here is an image of the screaming eagle -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...reet750017.jpg

here is one with a 2-2 exhaust(looks similar to certain variants on offer for iron etc ) -

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hhBCzU4GGvI/maxresdefault.jpg
Have zipped and added a video of one .Use headphone or so to hear though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip altApN-halMvPJ5ncjuzyct9v9okn2CyE_2kkUwbd6P56Vs.zip (970.4 KB, 172 views)
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 16:31   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
As many times as you have a puncture on a Bullet.A punctured Bullet is not something you want to push. You leave the bike and take the wheel with you.
Last sunday after a movie and heavy lunch of biryani, I happily started my bullet and within a few meters realized it was punctured. I pushed it for almost a kilometer in hot afternoon sun before i found a repair guy

Yup, he removed the rear wheel and I asked him to wrap a tube to the spoke holes for future proof and then install tyre back on the rim before putting the wheel back on.

It's indeed a laborious process took about 45 mins and agree tubeless tyres are boon with respect to punctures.
Old 8th May 2014, 16:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last sunday after a movie and heavy lunch of biryani, I happily started my bullet and within a few meters realized it was punctured. I pushed it for almost a kilometer in hot afternoon sun before i found a repair guy

Yup, he removed the rear wheel and I asked him to wrap a tube to the spoke holes for future proof and then install tyre back on the rim before putting the wheel back on.

It's indeed a laborious process took about 45 mins and agree tubeless tyres are boon with respect to punctures.
Agreed youre a big strong strapping lad, but why did you simply just not remove the rear wheel?

Agreed its a bit tougher on the right side chain Bullets though. On normal Bulls its a breeze. Even for now-wrench-monkeys like me.
Old 8th May 2014, 17:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I pushed it for almost a kilometer in hot afternoon sun before i found a repair guy
Mate, This is OT, why dint you put in the Slime or Tire Protector in your wheels? They are pretty good to be honest.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th May 2014 at 18:29. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 8th May 2014, 17:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Have zipped and added a video of one .Use headphone or so to hear though.
Thank you for the video - sounds good and gives a fair idea of what to expect , I noticed the rear is closed so where exactly is the outlet located ?
Old 8th May 2014, 17:38   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate, This is OT, why dint you put in the Slime or Tire Protector in your wheels? They are pretty good to be honest.
I dont think its OT because this info will help even the Harley bikes ( spoked ones) that come with tubed tyres

Actually, heard a lot about Slime or Tire Protector and even heard a nice sales pitch from one of the guys selling it.

A friend tried it on his Skoda vRS and had a bad experience. He put in the slime and went for a long drive to Bangalore/Goa ( not sure now which one) but, he complained the car would wobble at higher speeds and had to drive at a considerable reduced speed

Not sure if that's on-off case but, since then I didnt give this product another look

Doc, I was full of biryani, bending down to take the wheel off would be tougher than moving Mr.Everest

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th May 2014 at 17:39.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 17:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend tried it on his Skoda vRS and had a bad experience. He put in the slime and went for a long drive to Bangalore/Goa ( not sure now which one) but, he complained the car would wobble at higher speeds and had to drive at a considerable reduced speed
There is an important step to be done once you have put in the liquid into your tube. The vehicle needs to be run for a good 5-7 kms for the liquid to reach all parts of the inner part of tire. If this is not done there is very chance of the liquid settling down in a corner which would give those wobbly effects when riding/driving at high speeds.
Many of our riding partners in our group are living happily after applying the tire protector. Have seen it function well on a tire which picked up a puncture. Yes the wheel well does get sprayed a little with the liquid but its not something of a show stopper or too hard to be cleaned at a later time. Does require a bit of kerosene to budge it out.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 23:14   #115
BHPian

Thanks, guys, for all the discussions. To remove the rear tire of a Bonnie or a Harley, one has to buy the center stand, which comes at an extra cost. That is in anticipation of there being a puncture some day.

Yes, because I keep removing my bullet's rear wheel every time there's a puncture, I didn't really think of the tubeless factor.
Old 9th May 2014, 06:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an important step to be done once you have put in the liquid into your tube. The vehicle needs to be run for a good 5-7 kms for the liquid to reach all parts of the inner part of tire. If this is not done there is very chance of the liquid settling down in a corner which would give those wobbly effects when riding/driving at high speeds.
Many of our riding partners in our group are living happily after applying the tire protector. Have seen it function well on a tire which picked up a puncture. Yes the wheel well does get sprayed a little with the liquid but its not something of a show stopper or too hard to be cleaned at a later time. Does require a bit of kerosene to budge it out.
I think wobble is coz the tyre's balance was messed with? Or is the extra weight so negligible? Or maybe the dropped too much of the slime?
Old 9th May 2014, 10:43   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle needs to be run for a good 5-7 kms for the liquid to reach all parts of the inner part of tire. If this is not done there is very chance of the liquid settling down in a corner which would give those wobbly effects when riding/driving at high speeds.
Many of our riding partners in our group are living happily after applying the tire protector. Have seen it function well on a tire which picked up a puncture.
Thanks, thats nice information. I reckon most folks dont follow the practice. What is the price of this product? 500 bucks?

Iam in the process of acquiring a brand new tyre for my Classic 500, will try this product with my bullet first, lets see how well it works. As of now iam kind of fed up with puctures to rear tyre ( reason being the tyre has developed a small hole which I picked last sunday)
Old 9th May 2014, 11:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think wobble is coz the tyre's balance was messed with? Or is the extra weight so negligible? Or maybe the dropped too much of the slime?
Could be a combination of all the above factors you have mentioned.

Quote:
Thanks, thats nice information. I reckon most folks dont follow the practice. What is the price of this product? 500 bucks?
Cool which tire you are thinking on? Zapper Q looks very neat but am not quite convinced with the sidewalls of MRF Zapper. Believe they are soft.
Paid around 500+Tax for one tire. They generally have fixed units that needs to be pumped into the tube before you refill air. Ensure you weave the bike well so that the liquid reaches uniformly all across.

PS: Ensure public and self safety whilst weaving
Old 10th May 2014, 02:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Attachment 1232059

This is what makes Harley engines unique. It's the single-pin crank. Most other V-twins have them staggered:
Attachment 1232060
Is the Street a single pin? From the sound it doesn't seem like it
Old 10th May 2014, 20:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

The pics (in post 7) say it's a single pin.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks