Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 19:06   #256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Dustom, minus the sales pitch, can you please let us know the bhp figures of the Sportster and the Street.

Eagerly waiting ......

Bated breath and all.

How do you propose we measure top speed? Speed gun from a standing start at a pre-specfied distance?

Or a Go Pro video of the speedo ......

My Bullet oscillates between 160 and 120 kmph on a good day. More if I were to throw it off a cliff, given enough height, but haven't tried that yet ...... just saying.
I know You could overtake a veron on full song on your bullet. Who cares!
Bhp figures have already been discussed several times. You already said you are not interested in either of the bikes , whats up with bhp from sportster?
We would all be glad if you could post your video doing what you claim bonnie could do. Sportster videos does not need to be posted as there is no debate if sportster is little bit faster than company claimed 155kph for street
I guess this tread is about street and bonnie not about bullet.
Old 28th July 2014, 22:10   #257
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Guys,

Lets end the debate as it seems offtopic.

I have personally done about 145 on my street and it had a good amount of throttle still left. I do know a couple of folks who did about 160 also.

i guess the top speed should be around 180 and even the speedo max out at 180. Maybe they have even installed a speed limit . i am not sure about as I am yet to reach those speeds and those speeds are definitely suicidal on our roads

Also, an update , I had a sensor that failed which was cutting off the fuel supply whenever i throttle. The sensor was replaced under warranty and completed the first service also. The bike runs fine now and the acceleration is better.
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 09:34   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Guys, Lets end the debate as it seems offtopic.
An Owners Take holds Much more water than we guys Commenting on what we do not own in Long term!
Even if top speed is not 180 , I suppose it would be Fast enough for 99% of people , and rest 1% never find anything fast enough .
Even the Owners , 99.9% of them will never find out True top end of that bike , Because thats not the Purpose they Bought it for!

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th July 2014 at 11:11. Reason: Avoid quoting entire post inclusive of emoticons for a short reply. It mars the reading experience of our members. Cheers
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 11:16   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
An Owners Take holds Much more water than we guys Commenting on what we do not own in Long term!
Even if top speed is not 180 , I suppose it would be Fast enough for 99% of people , and rest 1% never find anything fast enough .
Even the Owners , 99.9% of them will never find out True top end of that bike , Because thats not the Purpose they Bought it for!
Translation .....

Harleys are slow. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

Let's move the discussion to something else.

Brotherhood, sisterhood, inch-deep chrome, etc.

Last edited by ebonho : 29th July 2014 at 11:17.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:27   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Translation .....

Let's move the discussion to something else.

Brotherhood, sisterhood, inch-deep chrome, etc.
Slow in doing what?
Which faster ride do you have?
ANd what do you do with your faster ride?
Old 29th July 2014, 11:45   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have personally done about 145 on my street and it had a good amount of throttle still left. I do know a couple of folks who did about 160 also.

i guess the top speed should be around 180 and even the speedo max out at 180. Maybe they have even installed a speed limit . i am not sure about as I am yet to reach those speeds and those speeds are definitely suicidal on our roads
Sreejith, Why dont you start an ownership report on your Street 750?

I see a few deliveries have already happened for members but, not a single member has come forward to share a detailed ownership of their bikes.

I think our members will benefit with a full blown ownership experience than what people are chiming here with what they read across the internet

Note from Mod : I see a lot of high speed numbers being quoted in the last few posts. Request you all to refrain from posting it to showcase the superiority of bikes and give a feeling to other readers that your racing unsafely on public roads.

Besides above, any disrepect to fellow member will not be tolerated and will immediately attract infraction. Please be courteous and post ONLY if you have something substantial to contribute
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 17:09   #262
BHPian

Quiet a few Streets on Street now and everybody I meet or speak with are very happy with the ride. Their only feedback is on the height / seating position as few tall riders are developing cramps during long rides. There are few very good seat options available for tall riders but again if you are 6 and above then none of those may help.

Overall looks like a good bike under 5 L budget and is definitely value for money including the HOG rides and formal and informal get together / rides.

Looking forward for a ownership review from one of the HOGs.

Ride Safe and Ride hard.
Old 31st July 2014, 22:17   #263
BHPian

Came across one today in bareilly while returning from the KTM 390 test ride , followed it for about half a kilometer (it had screaming eagles but was moving at low rpm so didn't hear anything inside the car) and it stopped right next to the place where I did to purchase corn cobs .

Rider and his pillion were two thin and medium height boys around 16-20 years of age , no helmet or even clothes befitting a bike of that stature . I mention their size because the bike looked perfectly proportioned( as in the height of rider , more muscle mass will obviously help ) under them except from the rear quarter which seemed way too low - past the point of the slammed stance harley is famous for but then maybe a cute female pillion instead of a lad will change all that

Bike has good road presence and one can easily make out it is a level above the regular stuff though .

My own interest is all but dead in the bike though , didn't wish to gamble on a new entity with closest SVC at delhi , the price which is premium category for me in the 2-wheeler market ( so I need to be dead sure about what to expect before placing my order ) and the recent opening of a KTM branch here(just a month back) and my subsequent satisfactory test ride means the 390 is the one I am going for . But will keep my eyes on this bike and owner feedback so keep them coming , surely the street line-up is here to stay and with time will mature and improve .

Enjoy guys who purchased the bike , it looks great on the road under the sun .
Old 1st August 2014, 19:12   #264
BHPian

Quote:
i guess the top speed should be around 180 and even the speedo max out at 180. Maybe they have even installed a speed limit.
this review by Overdrive say they've done 180!

Well, what are we going to do with those speeds anyway on our roads? This isn't a racing bike, it's a cruiser!

Quote:
Translation .....

A 0-100 @ 4.7 and a top of about 180, on a cruiser, I'd have to say it's not slow by any standards. (And I'm not saying that because I've booked one )
Old 1st August 2014, 22:39   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
it's not slow by any standards
And...... Its not a small bike either.

Sportster wheelbase - 59.9"
Sportster seat height - 27.9"

Street wheelbase - 60.4"
Street seat height - 28.2"

Its probably the design (engine's "V" degree?) that makes it look so.

One such example that comes to mind is the Honda City - Dolphin shape vs the model right before that. Although the Dolphin was actually a bigger car dimension wise, it looked smaller than the previous gen, mostly owing to its tall boy-ish design
Old 2nd August 2014, 00:05   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
And...... Its not a small bike either.

Sportster wheelbase - 59.9"
Sportster seat height - 27.9"

Street wheelbase - 60.4"
Street seat height - 28.2"

Its probably the design (engine's "V" degree?) that makes it look so.

One such example that comes to mind is the Honda City - Dolphin shape vs the model right before that. Although the Dolphin was actually a bigger car dimension wise, it looked smaller than the previous gen, mostly owing to its tall boy-ish design
It is by no margin a small bike .

It APPEARS small under tall/heavy riders . ( I am 6'1 and heavy and I found the posture comfortable though forward set pegs rather than mid would have been desirable )

Reason in my opinion -

The biggest is the low slung and relatively flat fuel tank which invariably results in a riding posture where the knee is well above the top surface of the tank , this is an awkward sight( from a 3rd person perspective , I am not commenting on whether the rider finds it small or not) and contributes heavily to the perception of being small . Being a low slung bike as a whole doesn't helps matter either since an observer (who is standing) will look down and not level at the entire mass . The 17" front wheel also contributes to this appearance .

For contrast , the iron while being similar length appears bigger because the tank sits tall ( and so does the engine ) and the 19" tires gives it a relatively more menacing stance , this stance of a cruiser matters a lot . Take the suzuki intruder for example , has one of the weirdest stance as far as cruisers are concerned simply because of that headlamp .

Last edited by basuroy : 2nd August 2014 at 00:07.
Old 2nd August 2014, 00:53   #267
BHPian

Revzilla has already got the Vance and Hines Air intake on order.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/v...ey-street-2015

Even the exhaust seems to available on pre-order. I guess these would be better than the screaming eagles.

Here is the Vance and Hines Slip on pictures.

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-vance_hines_competition_series_slip_on_exhaust_for_harley_street20142015_rollover.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd August 2014 at 01:06. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:20   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
A 0-100 @ 4.7 and a top of about 180, on a cruiser, I'd have to say it's not slow by any standards. (And I'm not saying that because I've booked one )
Ok buddy. Harleys are fast.

Enjoy your ride and do start an ownership thread to tell us more once you get her.
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:37   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Revzilla has already got the Vance and Hines Air intake on order.

Here is the Vance and Hines Slip on pictures.
But as far as i know, V&H voids your warranty, I may be incorrect, any comments veteran owners...

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th August 2014 at 11:28. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 2nd August 2014, 15:21   #270
Senior - BHPian

Saw a 750 today without the front headlight cowl. The headlight was definitely low set than the stock one and it looked absolutely gorgeous!! Could'nt click as I was also riding!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks