Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 13:38   #46
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I have been eagerly watching/waiting for ducati's re-entry. Was seriously contemplating booking a bonnie a few months back, when the ducati scrambler made news. I was impressed by the scrambler and its reviews. I gathered, it had an edge over the bonnie esp with respect to weight, power, standard ABS, suspension, etc. I ride a ktm 390 and a Classic 500, so in no great hurry. Hoping there is some concrete news on a ducati bangalore dealership. Would love to see the scrambler in flesh, preferably test ride it, hopefully book it.
I am exactly in the same situation. I ride a CL500 currently and have been eyeing the Bonny from a long time now till the Scrambler made news. I am planning to visit the Mumbai showroom sometime on 21st to check out the Scrambler. If the test ride does the trick to me, I will hopefully book it. For now, the yellow Scrambler Icon looks stunning to me !

I really hope it won't look too puny on my 6'2", 100 kg frame. The Bonny looks fine on me, ditto the Classic 500.

Last edited by //M : 11th March 2015 at 13:39.
Old 11th March 2015, 14:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
For now, the yellow Scrambler Icon looks stunning to me !
Please post photos!

Btw, what is the fuel tank capacity and performance specs? Seems to be most talked about new bike currently.
Old 11th March 2015, 14:40   #48
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Please post photos!

Btw, what is the fuel tank capacity and performance specs? Seems to be most talked about new bike currently.
Ofcourse Doc, I will surely post photos.

The Scrambler has the same 796 engine in a different state of tune, developing 75 bhp from the 803 cc mill. The fuel tank capacity is 13 litres I believe. I was expecting a bigger tank of around 17 litre capacity though.

Specifications of the 2015 Ducati Scrambler: Ducati Scrambler Specs
Old 11th March 2015, 15:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse Doc, I will surely post photos.

The Scrambler has the same 796 engine in a different state of tune, developing 75 bhp from the 803 cc mill. The fuel tank capacity is 13 litres I believe. I was expecting a bigger tank of around 17 litre capacity though.

Specifications of the 2015 Ducati Scrambler: Ducati Scrambler Specs
Looks very nice. Functional even (seat looks small). What is the top speed? Mileage? How is an L twin different to a V twin? I know you are a techie (and Whatsapp guru ..... man its the highest traffic group on my fone!), so pardon the rapidfire questions!
Old 11th March 2015, 15:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is an L twin different to a V twin?
To the best of my knowledge, its basically a 90 deg V Twin which is tilted forward and mounted. Ducati chose to call it the L Twin.
Old 11th March 2015, 22:33   #51
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks very nice. Functional even (seat looks small). What is the top speed? Mileage? How is an L twin different to a V twin? I know you are a techie (and Whatsapp guru ..... man its the highest traffic group on my fone!), so pardon the rapidfire questions!
Exactly what man_of_steel mentioned. Ducati calls its 90 deg V-Twin engine as L2 engine.

I read in an article that the top speed is around 130 mph, that means around 210 kph.

While top speeds and mileage is unknown territory now, I am just smitten by the way this thing looks !

Here's an article giving proper specs of the Scrambler: Ducati Scrambler
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 02:02   #52

I am a die hard fan of V-twins, anything else apart from it is just isn't for me.. I thought Ducati would never again make it to India and booked a stage1 sportster 48.. Where's the wall now?
Old 12th March 2015, 10:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what man_of_steel mentioned. Ducati calls its 90 deg V-Twin engine as L2 engine.

I read in an article that the top speed is around 130 mph, that means around 210 kph.

While top speeds and mileage is unknown territory now, I am just smitten by the way this thing looks !

Here's an article giving proper specs of the Scrambler: Ducati Scrambler
So if its priced in the 5.5 to 6.0 lac on road category, its a direct alternative and competitor for the Ninja 650/ER6N.

I actually know what an L twin is and how its configured and looks in terms of the cylinder positioning etc. I wanted to know how it differed in riding and performance and "feel" characteristics from say a traditional V twin (or a parallel twin). If at all.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
So if its priced in the 5.5 to 6.0 lac on road category, its a direct alternative and competitor for the Ninja 650/ER6N.

I actually know what an L twin is and how its configured and looks in terms of the cylinder positioning etc. I wanted to know how it differed in riding and performance and "feel" characteristics from say a traditional V twin (or a parallel twin). If at all.
Isn't the Scrambler already priced at 6.4 lac ex showroom ?
Old 12th March 2015, 11:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 'feel' should be the same as a traditional mounted V twin with similar specs, crankshaft angle and firing order.

Something you might be already knowing:
The main advantage of this placement is that the trailing cylinder will have more airflow compared to a traditional V twin. And I remember reading about Ducati's claim that the L Twin mounting moves the center of gravity closer to the front wheels to provide more feel from the front end!

And Parallel twins will be inherently more smoother than V or L twins.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 12th March 2015 at 11:22.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 16:54   #56
BHPian

Gentlemen, for your eyes a sparkling Ducati 899 Panigale served hot at the Gurgaon Showroom!!

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati-899.jpg

Sorry I am biased on the super sport so this is the only one I clicked properly. The test rides are starting soon and I am dying to feel the power first hand. Needless to say, it sounds amazing despite being the baby Panigale.

More to follow...
AC_genius is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 18:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hehee, I love the comment on the article about the Scrambler - "Have I read this review correctly ? A USB for your phone under the seat but no fuel gauge ! I suppose the phone comes in handy to call for help when you run out of petrol, good thinking Ducati".
naveenroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 19:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hehee, I love the comment on the article about the Scrambler - "Have I read this review correctly ? A USB for your phone under the seat but no fuel gauge ! I suppose the phone comes in handy to call for help when you run out of petrol, good thinking Ducati".
hahhaha..doesn't it even have a led or something saying you are about to run out of life soon ?
Old 13th March 2015, 21:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_genius View Post
Gentlemen, for your eyes a sparkling Ducati 899 Panigale served hot at the Gurgaon Showroom!!

Attachment 1349324

Sorry I am biased on the super sport so this is the only one I clicked properly. The test rides are starting soon and I am dying to feel the power first hand. Needless to say, it sounds amazing despite being the baby Panigale.

More to follow...
I love the DRL's on this bike. would greatly love a video posted on further developments
Old 14th March 2015, 00:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
I love the DRL's on this bike. would greatly love a video posted on further developments
I doubt the 899 comes with LEDs. They're regular halogens.
I too am very interested in this bike! Any idea when ducati is setting shop in Bangalore? What's the expected on road price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks