Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:31   #31
BHPian

Re: 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

Congratulations Shubz! What a choice of bike from the HD stable and a colour that suits it equally well. Reminds me of a song.."the things that make you go hmmm".
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 00:45   #32
BHPian

Hello Sir,
Congratulations on the HD Fatboy! The color is brilliant and is surely a head turner. I don't like cruiser bikes much but the name Harley Davidson is enough to change my mind.
Once again, Congrats and wishing you many happy rides on the Fatboy.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 12:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Doc u have the T2 confused with some Mithun flick. James Cameron would never go for a motorcycle going through a guardrail. Here's how that awesome sequence goes:
LOL that's Arnie power for you man. I could have sworn that it was Arnie who smashed through the guardrail. But yeah, you sequence recall seems dead on.

I'll be back!

Only someone Arnie's size can ride a Fat Boy like a supermotard.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:23   #34
BHPian

Congratulations Shubz! Thats one good looking motorcycle and I seem to be developing a strong liking for that colour! Hope you have many more safe miles on it.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 20:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

How about some touring luggage now? And a set of True Duals to get that rumble!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-harley.jpg  

Last edited by jyobeb : 4th April 2015 at 20:32.
Old 6th April 2015, 13:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations shubz! What an upgrade...WOW! Looks like a proper stud!

I remember seeing a Fatboy in Tusker a few months back and it was loaded with around 5-8 lakhs of accessories. The owner was a coorg real estate giant. He had those wonderful LED lamps that were installed on either side of the main headlight (which itself was converted to the squarish one) and it looked really fantastic. Also had a music player (maybe something for the future :-) )

Sorry the pics aren't that great.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_5546.jpg  

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_5549.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 16:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

FIRST - Thank you each one for the wishes. I did ride on both the days and covered around 600 kms in total.
Sunday - We rode up to Ranipet - started around 6:30 AM (where some of the weak hearted from the chapter make it an overnight ride - LoL) and back home by 4 pm
Riding is a pleasure. Just wasn't pushing the bike too hard at all.

At around 2400/2500 rpm - he was cruising happily at some speeds that cannot be mentioned on the forum.

Was averaging about 370 kms to a tankful (the Range showed that) though I was too lost to calculate the efficiency.

GOSH - The bike just cruises, only visual appeal to those who look. I want AURAL appeal too! PIPES! Lol - After the WHR ride I shall give it aural appeal as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Congratulations Shubz! Now get the boy to WHR!
Thanks Raghu!

Oh yes! He sure would be making it to the WHR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
How about some touring luggage now? And a set of True Duals to get that rumble!
Saddlemen BR1800 is on its way! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congratulations shubz! What an upgrade...WOW! Looks like a proper stud!

I remember seeing a Fatboy in Tusker a few months back and it was loaded with around 5-8 lakhs of accessories. The owner was a coorg real estate giant. He had those wonderful LED lamps that were installed on either side of the main headlight (which itself was converted to the squarish one) and it looked really fantastic. Also had a music player (maybe something for the future :-) )

Sorry the pics aren't that great.
Haha! Thank you sir!

Yeah I know that gentleman. I may not go for all that bling of speaker systems and stuff. Thats just show-off material. You play jhing chak, jing jing chak music when you have parked somewhere and if you want to draw the people's attention. else - one cannot hear anything while rumbling. Particularly if you've been through with the exhaust mod - then its a waste of money mounting those speakers.

More on performance related mods, few bling/light related, I'd be getting the fog lamps that'd be mounted on the engine guard.

I am not a fan of those LED's on Headlamps. Prefer the conventional halogens.

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-555.jpg
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-meonfb1.jpg
2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-meonfb2.jpg
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 19:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Riding is a pleasure.............
This colour is really growing on me. Black is still king when it comes to the Fat Boy but this is very not bad at all. Love the helmet too

& "same pinch" on the knee guards

But what is up with those fingerless gloves? I hope a$$-less chaps are not next on the shopping list

Quote:
Thats just show-off material
I guess most Harley mods are too sire

Quick question, that exhaust and the placement of the pillion foot peg....... Do you think it may lead to frequent visits to the burns ward?

Quote:
I am not a fan of those LED's on Headlamps. Prefer the conventional halogens.
Totally agree. Takes away the butch rustic feel

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 6th April 2015 at 19:38.
Old 6th April 2015, 20:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

My fingers are burnt and in the process of healing. Thumb and the Middle finger. So couldn't wear full gloves. So the fingerless gloves. Hope that clarifies

And yes. If you are sitting with nothing on your legs then why a Harley any other bike pillion would need frequent visits to the burn ward. 😜

Last edited by Shubz : 6th April 2015 at 20:55.
Old 6th April 2015, 22:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My fingers are burnt and in the process of healing. Thumb and the Middle finger
Ouch! Hope you get a lot better real soon. I always thought of you as someone who knew his gear and the importance of it, hence was a bit surprised

The Nighthawks though are looking sweet. So classy and discreet. Dainese does make the best stuff

Quote:
And yes. If you are sitting with nothing on your legs then why a Harley any other bike pillion would need frequent visits to the burn ward. ��
My question was more around the fact that I do not see a heat shield like some motorcycles have, could be wrong though. On account of the poximity of the pillion's foot to the exhaust, this could mean anything from melted boots to painful burns

Think of the Enfield's exhaust. If you were to accidentally touch any part of it, you will get a nasty burn (ask me how I know ). And its not like its tucked away such that its not easy to reach
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 23:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:

My question was more around the fact that I do not see a heat shield like some motorcycles have, could be wrong though. On account of the poximity of the pillion's foot to the exhaust, this could mean anything from melted boots to painful burns

Think of the Enfield's exhaust. If you were to accidentally touch any part of it, you will get a nasty burn (ask me how I know ). And its not like its tucked away such that its not easy to reach
It does have a heat shield, and its a chrome one covering the pipes. The heat shields cover allmost 3/4th of the pipes and it looks like a pipe itself. The mufflers have a smaller one though.
sreejith.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 10:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Shubhakar. Fat boy in red looks stunning and has amazing street presence.
How easy is it to ride in city traffic? I guess it weighs over 350 kilos.
Ride safe and let's catch up some time later.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 10:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ouch! Hope you get a lot better real soon. I always thought of you as someone who knew his gear and the importance of it, hence was a bit surprised

The Nighthawks though are looking sweet. So classy and discreet. Dainese does make the best stuff

Yes sir. I am strong proponent for proper and full gear. I do not compromise on that.

Regarding shields, there would be one heel shield on the right foot board to prevent accidentally resting the heel on the header pipes.

besides that its just a furnace you are riding on. Pillion got to be real careful not to place feet on the pipes.

And the rest as Sreejith aptly explained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Many congratulations Shubhakar. Fat boy in red looks stunning and has amazing street presence.
How easy is it to ride in city traffic? I guess it weighs over 350 kilos.
Ride safe and let's catch up some time later.
Djay - You got to "drive" this monster in traffic. As in treat it like a car, and not even think of lane splitting, inching between cars etc.

But a real pain if the traffic is inching, for 2 reasons - Heat and constant clutching/de-clutching. Clutch is heavy indeed but much better than those on sportsters.

Sure would love to catch up with you!

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 11:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Shubz..sorry for my late response. The bike looks fabulous and rich in this colour. The only thing it needs are those small lights that come between the headlight. Have countless smiling miles on the beast, ride hard but safe.

I was also wondering how easy are the foot controls to ride with?. The gear and the risen up brakes with the foot boards. I still can't get to terms with a toe and heal gearing..i had asked if it can be made to a normal style gearing and was refused, so i did not pick up the bike.
Old 7th April 2015, 11:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Awesome Shubz..sorry for my late response. The bike looks fabulous and rich in this colour. The only thing it needs are those small lights that come between the headlight. Have countless smiling miles on the beast, ride hard but safe.

I was also wondering how easy are the foot controls to ride with?. The gear and the risen up brakes with the foot boards. I still can't get to terms with a toe and heal gearing..i had asked if it can be made to a normal style gearing and was refused, so i did not pick up the bike.
Thank you sir! I would be going for the lamps that are mounted inside the Engine guard. not the one's beside the main headlights.

The foot controls are initially tedious. Particularly if you are coming from a sportster / sports-bike where the feet is pretty close to the brake lever.

Here it takes a ride or two to get used to the positioning. I tried shifting with the heel, and find it taxing. But my buddy @Warlock - is more than happy to be using the toe and heel for shifting.

The brake lever - again - once you get a hang of where it is - its easily reachable.

And trust me -- The brakes on the Softail's are SO much better!

#LLB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks