Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2017, 17:52   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
OUCH...Somehow not to my taste but that's just me. Maybe will look better in person.

I don't think they have changed the panel covers but have changed only the panel colors to silver.

Actually it is quite misleading for Kawasaki to differentiate like this, ideally they should have said these new bikes are special edition versions.
Yeah, only the panel color has been changed on this 2018 model and I really don't know what Kawasaki guys were smoking to change to this panel color. Anyways, the 2017 model is no longer available. He had already disposed of the one bike he had as display bike a few days back and we are stuck with this 2018 model for now. The new black will not be launched before next month. I have talked with the dealer and he assures me that this small panel on each side can easily be wrapped in the matching matt black and he can also arrange these two side panels (at extra cost) in the previous black colour, if push comes to shove. So looks like we have no choice for now as the change is purely cosmetic. He has given me the chassis number of the bike and the bikes have been dispatched today and should reach in 3-4 days time. I have therefore made him the majority of the payment today and hopefully this setback of the panel color will be compensated when we see the MY 2018 in person... Lolz.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 11:39   #152
BHPian

Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yeah, only the panel color has been changed on this 2018 model and I really don't know what Kawasaki guys were smoking to change to this panel color. Anyways, the 2017 model is no longer available. He had already disposed of the one bike he had as display bike a few days back and we are stuck with this 2018 model for now. The new black will not be launched before next month. I have talked with the dealer and he assures me that this small panel on each side can easily be wrapped in the matching matt black and he can also arrange these two side panels (at extra cost) in the previous black colour, if push comes to shove. So looks like we have no choice for now as the change is purely cosmetic. He has given me the chassis number of the bike and the bikes have been dispatched today and should reach in 3-4 days time. I have therefore made him the majority of the payment today and hopefully this setback of the panel color will be compensated when we see the MY 2018 in person... Lolz.

Cheers...
Good to know the dealer will be able to arrange the side panels. Kindly also ask him the timeline if at all you require the panels as i am doubtful about the availability of the panels with the dealers. These guys don't even have the basic spare parts and accessories for the bikes they sell.

I would suggest enjoy the bike as it is. If the silver color really is a sore to your eyes , then only change. I doubt after riding the bike you would actually bother for the panel change.

One more thing, i am sure you will be better informed than me, but be careful while taking insurance. Here the dealer quoted me about rs 35,000 apx but i finally got it done from New India Assurance for only Rs 11,800/-, that too nil dip (they call it enhanced insurance).

And sir, all the best and happy waiting for the next few days.

Last edited by ashroy_6 : 8th October 2017 at 11:42.
ashroy_6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 09:51   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know the dealer will be able to arrange the side panels. These guys don't even have the basic spare parts and accessories for the bikes they sell.

I would suggest enjoy the bike as it is.

One more thing, i am sure you will be better informed than me, but be careful while taking insurance. Here the dealer quoted me about rs 35,000 apx but i finally got it done from New India Assurance for only Rs 11,800/-, that too nil dip (they call it enhanced insurance)
Your points are all very valid. Spare Parts reputation is not very secure of Kawasaki till now. They have not been able to source the Tank Pad I had asked for, though the knee pads and frame sliders have reached them.

I talked to a guy named Wrapsters in Delhi, who has done quite a lot of good work. He quoted me 4k for both panels to be wrapped in either matt black or carbon fibre with the 1000 logo written in radium. He also quoted 3k for paint protection film of some very high quality for the tank and 10k for the whole bike. But I think enjoying the silver highlights for a while would be more prudent as it can easily grow on you. Wrapping can anyways be done at any time.

They have quoted me 22k for zero dep + cashless whereas my local New India Assurance guy has quoted 15k for zero dep (not cashless) on 95% of ex-showroom price. Now whether it's worth saving 7k for cashless facility needs to be seen. Anyways I usually don't believe in insurance after the first year for all my vehicles, except the mandatory kind.

Cheers...

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th October 2017 at 10:15. Reason: Please avoid quoting emoticons, large text when quoting and replying as it mars the overall reading experience. Thanks!
Old 9th October 2017, 10:14   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Any thoughts on overall change in looks
Though we all know that looks are subjective. But, I'll go out on the limb and voice my opinion on this change. It looks downright ugly!

Wonder what the Kawasaki designers were smoking as this looks like due to unavailability of green panel they force fitted a grey bike's panel to a green colored one

But, as Ashroy mentioned nothing that cannot be fixed with a wrap to get it back to an acceptable stage

Dkaile : Hope you are not getting this version? If yes, be ready to take a wrap person along with you when you go for delivery
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:22   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hope you are not getting this version? If yes, be ready to take a wrap person along with you when you go for delivery
I really don't have a choice. For me a Kawasaki has to Green just as a Ducati has to be Red. And I really don't have the patience to wait for another month for the Black. The pictures from that particular angle may not be flattering but let me post some when I actually see the bike and then I will take a final call to wrap or not. It's just a small 2 feet panel anyways. The emerald green shade is looking gorgeous from other photos I have seen as it is deeper than the previous versions candy lime. And it's a international launch anyways by Kawasaki. The color is the exact same as on the 2018 Z1000SX in Europe. They are not launching the Green in the US on the 2018 Ninja 1000, who are making do with only the Black and the Greyish White shades there. Wrapsters, anyways, is just next door to Kawasaki Aurum... Lolz.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 9th October 2017 at 10:25.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:24   #156
BHPian

The problem is not just the side panels which are different, even the vibrant green shade has been changed.

2017 model had a more brighter Green shade compared to a more deep forest Green shade in 2018. I am not even sure if we change the side panel back to previous version how it will look overall on the motorcycle as the Green shade as also changed.

I got very upset and actually asked if I can get a 2017 model to the Mumbai dealer. Let's see what's in store because the new Green paint scheme is perhaps the worst I have seen on a Ninja 1000. The dealer told me I can get the black side panels at an extra cost and replacement is not possible without any cost. That's really annoying but nothing much can be done in this aspect.

Does anyone know how much the swap of side panels will cost?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2017 at 12:06. Reason: Fixing quotation mark (seems to be a recent issue with the iOS app).
Sachin_Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:29   #157
Senior - BHPian

Expectations -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507525088041.jpg

Reality -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507525117350.jpg

That's life. I usually grin and bear it... Lolz

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 11:02   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Though we all know that looks are subjective. But, I'll go out on the limb and voice my opinion on this change. It looks downright ugly!
Agreed. Not liking the change at all.

But we need more pics to be really sure it's not the camera settings at play here.

Quote:
Refer my MY2017 black and silver N1000
Specially after seeing the N1000 in this superb black and silver combo - it's even harder to digest the new colours.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 12:01   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I really don't have a choice. For me a Kawasaki has to Green just as a Ducati has to be Red. And I really don't have the patience to wait for another month for the Black. The pictures from that particular angle may not be flattering but let me post some when I actually see the bike and then I will take a final call to wrap or not. It's just a small 2 feet panel anyways. The emerald green shade is looking gorgeous from other photos I have seen as it is deeper than the previous versions candy lime. And it's a international launch anyways by Kawasaki. The color is the exact same as on the 2018 Z1000SX in Europe. They are not launching the Green in the US on the 2018 Ninja 1000, who are making do with only the Black and the Greyish White shades there. Wrapsters, anyways, is just next door to Kawasaki Aurum... Lolz.

Cheers...
Dear Sirji, You rightly said its only 2 feet of panels...no big deal to get them either changed or warped. I am sure the bike will look good in person. My take is enjoy riding the bike and see if the side panel color grows on you and if not get it warped. I guess carbon fiber will look killer.

Can you please let me know the what price is the dealer quoting for knee pads and specially the frame sliders.

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by ashroy_6 : 9th October 2017 at 12:09.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 18:42   #160
Senior - BHPian

Finalised the comprehensive insurance (zero dep) from New India Assurance @14983. Bike has reached Baroda. Made full ex showroom payment to dealer. He assured me that if I don't like the color, I can go for the Black one.

Some good transparent 3M knee guards for the Ninja 1000 @1200 bucks (by registered post) -

For KAWASAKI Z1000 Z1000SX NINJA 1000 10-16 Motorcycle Tank Traction Pad Side Gas Knee Grip Protector Anti slip sticker 3M Clear
http://s.aliexpress.com/v2eUfYfm

And some high quality frame sliders -

Cnc Frame Sliders Falling Protection Anti Crash Pad Sides stand screws for kawasaki ninja 1000 Z1000SX Z 1000SX 10-16 Motorcycle
http://s.aliexpress.com/3qq6VJbe

Carbon Fiber Wrap -

30cmx127cm 3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Car Wrap Sheet Roll Film Car stickers and Decals Motorcycle Car Styling Accessories Automobiles
http://s.aliexpress.com/VrY7NFNr

1000 logo in chrome -

CHROME MOTORCYCLE EMBLEM BADGE DECAL 3D TANK WHEEL LOGO FOR KAWASAKI Z1000 STICKER
http://s.aliexpress.com/UnMVjuMv

Master Brake Cylinder Aluminum alloy cap -

6 colors For KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6R ZX14R ZX10R Z1000SX NINJA 1000 Motorcycle Front Brake Master Cylinder Fluid Reservoir Cover Cap
http://s.aliexpress.com/Jz2IZreq

Ninja Chrome logo for the helmet

CHROME MOTORCYCLE EMBLEM BADGE DECAL 3D TANK WHEEL LOGO FOR KAWASAKI NINJA STICKER
http://s.aliexpress.com/eI3Ubm2q

Front frame sliders

Front Axle Fork Crash Sliders Cap Wheel Falling Protection Guard Protector For Kawasaki Z800 Z1000 Z1000SX VERSYS650 Z750
http://s.aliexpress.com/eQbiQrym

Rear Brake Cylinder alloy cap

High Quality New Motorcycle Rear Brake Fluid Reservoir Cap cover For Kawasaki ZX10R Z1000 Z750 Z1000SX NINJA 1000 600 ZX6R
http://s.aliexpress.com/2ENfmA73

Side Stand extension pad alloy -

Motorcycle Kickstand Foot Side Stand Extension Pad Support Plate For KAWASAKI Z1000SX Ninja 400R 1000 ER4N ER4F 2011 2012-2015
http://s.aliexpress.com/3QVJbyUF

CNC brake fluid reservoir in black

Universal CNC Motorcycle Brake Fluid Reservoir Oil Cup Use With DOT4 Brake Fluid For Kawasaki Ninja 300R 300 EX300 250 250R EX25
http://s.aliexpress.com/7viQNnQz

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:00   #161
Senior - BHPian

Truckers Strike! Bike stuck midway
Old 11th October 2017, 07:42   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Truckers Strike! Bike stuck midway
My bike has arrived, but 2018 Model Registration apparently is not done with RTO. And, I am heading out of country for a couple of weeks (in a good probability this weekend)

Looks like it will be November when I can get the hands on the bike.

Also, BOI said that they'll not give loans for people who don't have a BOI account and even if I open one, they'll need a 6 month track record before they give me a bike loan
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
My bike has arrived, but 2018 Model Registration apparently is not done with RTO. And, I am heading out of country for a couple of weeks (in a good probability this weekend)

Looks like it will be November when I can get the hands on the bike.

Also, BOI said that they'll not give loans for people who don't have a BOI account and even if I open one, they'll need a 6 month track record before they give me a bike loan
Hi,

Is it required for N1000 MY 2018 to be registered with RTA???? There are hardly any changes except color changes.

If yes, then the RTA process would easily take 7-10 days as even i had to wait for nearly 10 days although the bike had come to Hyderabad showroom. But finally i guess it all depends on the dealer how much clout he has in RTA to get the new model registered with the authority.

Its really frustrating to see the bike in person and not take the delivery because of this technicality.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
BOI said that they'll not give loans for people who don't have a BOI account and even if I open one, they'll need a 6 month track record before they give me a bike loan
Hopeful to get my bike tomorrow, but the truck seems lost in transit with 10 bikes on board. The dealer is more worried than me... Lolz . No such RTO issues here. Yes, I had a old BOI account with more money in my FD account there then what was being loaned . Maybe that's why I got it approved in a day. Anyways... Cheers and hope you get hold on your bike soon.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 23:03   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Is it required for N1000 MY 2018 to be registered with RTA???? There are hardly any changes except color changes.
That's what the guys from Kawasaki say here, since there is a model year change, despite nothing having changed on the ground.

Quote:
If yes, then the RTA process would easily take 7-10 days as even i had to wait for nearly 10 days although the bike had come to Hyderabad showroom. But finally i guess it all depends on the dealer how much clout he has in RTA to get the new model registered with the authority.

Its really frustrating to see the bike in person and not take the delivery because of this technicality.
I haven't seen the bike in person due to workload I think it is ok if it takes 10 days now, since I won't be around Hoping to have some fun beginning Nov!

Quote:
Hopeful to get my bike tomorrow, but the truck seems lost in transit with 10 bikes on board. The dealer is more worried than me... Lolz . No such RTO issues here. Yes, I had a old BOI account with more money in my FD account there then what was being loaned . Maybe that's why I got it approved in a day. Anyways... Cheers and hope you get hold on your bike soon.
Awesome - Congrats! Happy you don't have this RTO issue there. BOI deal is pretty good. I got a reasonably good deal with Axis bank (9.75% with no pre-closure charges)

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 11th October 2017 at 23:06.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks