Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 20:38   #136
BHPian

Wow. Nice pics and nice ride too looks like. Man, missing my gixxer :(
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

You'll forget the gixxer in a few days time, no worries....
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:51   #138
Senior - BHPian

More snaps ,more snaps with the manson not blocking the roads ..full road behind manson road snaps , that black carpet is slurrrp

Last edited by black12rr : 2nd August 2007 at 22:52.
Old 3rd August 2007, 03:23   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
superman, is that you?
looks like you guys had a nice ride.
Old 17th September 2007, 13:44   #140
Team-BHP Support

Waddup guys??
Left the ace at the mech a couple of days back.

What work?
New tires, Bridgestone BT 020.
Man i took a while to decide between the Michelins and Bridgestone and upgrading the rear to a 190/50/17 form the 180/55/17.
The michelin Power Sport 190/55/17 that i was getting an excellent price on were a tad too soft for our riding conditions, and the soft compound would give way much sooner than the BT 020, another negative was that the tyres needed an experienced rider to get the tires warm to provide optimum grip.
Then the mech was quite iffy towards the 190/50/17, and said there was a good chance the rear tire would scrape its sides.
So the decision was made, stock sizes and BT 020.

Other work to be carried out:
Rear brake pad change
Service with filter and oil change
Tune up
Overhauling the rear suspension linkages
Painting of bar ends

The ace should be back in a day or two, keep you guys posted.

manson.
Old 22nd September 2007, 15:02   #141
Team-BHP Support

Got the Ace home late wednesday night amidst heavy showers, which had me crawl at 30-40 kmph.

Have not ridden since that night, but from the brief ride home that night and hardly a ride around the garage the Ace comesby as a different motorcycle, the difference being eveident right from cranking it.
The power delivery is sharper now, the gearshifts have gotten ultra smooth too (dare i say honda smooth) and the bike feels a tad lighter too.
The new tires and rear suspension work have reduced the bumpiness and the Ace has a more settled nature now.
Needless to say, Tony has done a great job.

Work carried out:
New tires - BT 020, stock sizes
Oil change - Catrol Magnatec
Coolant change
Clutch bleeding
Couple of new bearings
Rear suspension overhaul
New 'YZF Racing' grips
Bar ends painted
Complete service and tuneup

New brake pads have been delayed by another 1,000 kms, the mech says they have reasonable life in them, and then change the front and rear.

Can't wait to to my first ride of the season, but i doubt the weather will let me have my way this weekend.

Keep you guys posted,
manson.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:36   #142
Senior - BHPian

hey Manson , lots of work done ... seems like the next season is gonna rock
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:32   #143
Team-BHP Support

Yep sammy, quite a good deal of work done, a few more things (consumables) will probably go into the Ace through the season.
I have ridden thrice this season already, and have witnessed two crashes already in the second and third ride, thankfully both riders and bikes didnt carry any serious damage.
Life on two wheels has never been safe, the room for mistakes is very little, and i've been thinking about it all of this week.

The riding weather has improved, its quite chilly early in the mornings, infact i ordered my jacket as soon as i got back from the second ride. Fortunately i had got my gloves a few weeks back, so that prevented my fingers from going numb.
Checked the fuel efficiency after the second ride, and it in a mix of sunday rides and city riding the figure was a shade above 15 kmpl, which is acceptable in my books.

Back to the Ace, it is doing exceptionally well. The heating problems i had initially in heavy traffic have been perfectly rectified. Earlier i thought the heating was normal in liter class bikes, but the simple coolant change i think did the trick, the Ace has forgotten to heat up now, haven't seen it go above 70 degrees since a long time.

The tires are holding up really well, will take some more riding to take the corners with confidence though. Had a nail stuck in the rear tire on sunday though, had to get the 'almost new' tire plugged.

The engine note has improved, the sound from the inline four motor beyond 7k is pure bliss, and maybe frightening to many too.

Have been shopping a lil' for the Ace recently:

Valentino Rossi 46 edition Keywallet:

AGV Textile jacket with mesh panels, CE approved armour:

Fieldsheer Mesh Gloves, i forget the model name:

EBC Double H, Stintered brake pads for the front:

manson.
Old 6th November 2007, 09:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hey where did you buy the jacket from? Is it from one of the online stores & if yes how much shipping did you pay?
Old 6th November 2007, 12:10   #145
Team-BHP Support

Straight6, i bought the jacket off DennisKirk - Production Website Home page alongwith the ebc brake pads, got free shipping on them.

manson.
Old 6th November 2007, 12:16   #146
Team-BHP Support

The jacket couldn't have come quick enough. Even a minor fall can take a lot of skin off, which hurts like hell as we saw recently! Time to get those riding pants as well with proper thigh and knee protection now.
Old 6th November 2007, 22:39   #147
Senior - BHPian

I'm guessing you got free shipping because you had it shipped to someone in the US, theres no way you can get free shipping to india. I recently bought 3 jackets & 2 pairs of gloves & had them shipped to my friends in the US, they will bring it along when they come in nov, dec & jan.
Old 7th November 2007, 12:17   #148
Team-BHP Support

Yep, that was free shipping in the US mate.

manson.
Old 26th February 2008, 00:36   #149
Team-BHP Support

He said, "Once you ride with some gloves and a jacket, you won't wanna ride without them", little did he know once i ride with him, i wouldn't wanna ride without him.

Powerslave once wrote, to ride or not to ride, and this keeps coming back.
Miss you Robin.

manson.
Old 14th March 2008, 19:23   #150
Team-BHP Support

Rode to the Speedrun venue, and there was something wrong with the clutch, loads of play had crept into it. Was left wondering because a couple of days before that the bike ran perfectly.
When i cranked it to get back home from the Speedrun venue, the clutch literally took off, i had no cluctch whatsoever. Slowly, gradually i started it up in gear and nursed it back home.
The following sunday morning i rode to the mech (again with an absent clutch). Gerard had come over the night before and hinted at something being wrong with the master cylinder, and doubted the oil having leaked due to a faulty seal.
The mech called on monday, said the master cylinder kit, namely some seals and spring had to to be replaced, and everything else was fine.
He finished the same day, by evening. The clutch is fine now, with a slightly different setting that i'm getting used to.
Btw, the ride back was in peak evening traffic, and the temperature went upto 80 degrees odd.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks