Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 19:48   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Btw, the ride back was in peak evening traffic, and the temperature went upto 80 degrees odd.
Good to know the bike's been fixed,manson.
Any other changes to the bike? New pics?
Old 14th March 2008, 23:24   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quite a few pics from the rides, but most have been posted in the ride threads.
This one was a birthday gift.

My Thunderace thread-p1020911-copy.jpg

manson.
Old 16th April 2008, 01:32   #153
Team-BHP Support

I've found a headlight cover on ebay, but i'm not too sure how it would look on a single headlamp. Calling the photoshop experts to help me here.
Attached Thumbnails
My Thunderace thread-1dbd_1.jpg  

My Thunderace thread-1dbd_2.jpg  

Old 16th April 2008, 01:57   #154
Senior - BHPian

Single headlamp? That cover is for the whole headlamp, na...

BTW, I don't think tinted covers are a good idea...unless you don't ride at night.
Old 16th April 2008, 03:28   #155
BHPian

Ok manson, isn't it high time we got a video of your ride?! Or a video with the cam mounted on your thunderace?
Old 16th April 2008, 12:23   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Ok manson, isn't it high time we got a video of your ride?! Or a video with the cam mounted on your thunderace?
Tank cam?? I didn't know about this! You must have surely taken some videos too, right?

Quote:
I've found a headlight cover on ebay, but i'm not too sure how it would look on a single headlamp. Calling the photoshop experts to help me here.
These are not a good idea because all they do is reduce the brightness of the headlight. Unless of course, they are like a cover that can be taken off easily whenever you want to.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:09   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Single headlamp? That cover is for the whole headlamp, na...

BTW, I don't think tinted covers are a good idea...unless you don't ride at night.
Single as in a one piece headlamp unlike most newer bikes that come with twin headlamps.
I do not ride much in the night, maximum some short 15-20 minute spin around my place, getting one with 70% cosmetic use & 30% headlamp protection sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Busy with my masters for a few days, will shoot and post one once i'm through it. Btw, any updates on your garage, havent heard from you after the gixxer sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
These are not a good idea because all they do is reduce the brightness of the headlight. Unless of course, they are like a cover that can be taken off easily whenever you want to.
I thought they were a simple clip on thing, arent they? I thought you would know better.

Btw, i'm gettin this in an electric darkish red, dark smoke (the one in the above picture), light smoke, solid black and quite a few more other colours that may not go with the red on the Ace. Any suggestions?

manson.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:19   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Busy with my masters for a few days, will shoot and post one once i'm through it. Btw, any updates on your garage, havent heard from you after the gixxer sale.
Coming up dude coming up too premature to talk about right now. I'm hoping it'll be a little off beat this time.

Quote:
I thought they were a simple clip on thing, arent they? I thought you would know better.
Yes manson. The one that I had fit on the gas tank (filler cap). I've attached an image. The allen nuts that surround the filler cap...those align with the holes on the cam mount. Can you picture it?
Attached Thumbnails
My Thunderace thread-yamxtrlg.jpeg  

Old 16th April 2008, 20:58   #159
Team-BHP Support

How much would this cost in the US? The spanner sort of looking piece i'm guessing would have a softer layer o the bottom that would prevent any scratches or damage to the paint?

After owning a giixer, i am certain it has to be something extremely exciting if you're 'planning' it out. All the best with that.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:10   #160
BHPian

Quote:
How much would this cost in the US? The spanner sort of looking piece i'm guessing would have a softer layer o the bottom that would prevent any scratches or damage to the paint?

After owning a giixer, i am certain it has to be something extremely exciting if you're 'planning' it out. All the best with that.
Manson,
I bought something that looked similar to the pic above. It cost me 22$ off ebay. Most others are expensive but i just realised that you could easily get all this fabricated instead of paying 80$ on ebay for a fancy mount which barely costs 200Rs. to make.

Ok so regarding that spanner looking part that you're talking about it does not sit on the tanks painted part. It fits flush with your gas caps base. So here's a small diagram I made to make it easy for u guys to understand.

For some reason I could not use the previous pic I uploaded but anyway let me know if this helps !
Attached Thumbnails
My Thunderace thread-dhm_fuel_cap.jpg  

Old 16th April 2008, 23:32   #161
Team-BHP Support

Wow, that was quite a clear diagram. And, i'm guessing the movement of the black wheel like pastic thing would take the camera up and down to set the position.
I'm yet trying to confirm understanding how the camera will be fixed on the provided platform though, as i do not remember any threading on the lower or side surface of my camera.
Bhupi, you have any ebay links for the product you bought, or similar products?
And, any picture of how the mounting of the camera looked on your bike, i have an idea, just need a picture to confirm i'm thinking right.

manson.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I'm yet trying to confirm understanding how the camera will be fixed on the provided platform though, as i do not remember any threading on the lower or side surface of my camera.
Place the camera on the mounting surface on the mount pictured above and insert a nut from the bottom of the mounting plate (aligned the mounting plate hole with the insert hole in the camera base).

I was under the assumption that every camera has a screw insert point. I dad a really old yashica long time back (film camera) it had one too. Basically those are for mounting on tripods.

Quote:
Bhupi, you have any ebay links for the product you bought, or similar products?
And, any picture of how the mounting of the camera looked on your bike, i have an idea, just need a picture to confirm i'm thinking right.
I'll look for ebay links similar to mine and other cheap ones as well. The guy who sold it made those mounts in his garage (from canada).
Old 17th April 2008, 16:15   #163
Senior - BHPian

You can go for it as long as its not really expensive and you take it off at night. The red would look nice. You can also ask that ebay seller some questions about it before buying.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:08   #164
Team-BHP Support

GS just did a photoshop job for me, trying out the dark smoke, red and solid balck.
Didn't like the red one bit, quite crap actually, dark smoke looks 'ok', i think i wanna get the solid black if i do get one. Opionions people?
And its gonna cost me 2,000 INR inclusive of international shipping. And, i've even managed to find a rear wheel hugger on ebay, located in Portugal (lol), its gonna cost 4,000 INR odd without paint inclusive international shipping.

manson.
Attached Thumbnails
My Thunderace thread-thunderace.jpg  

My Thunderace thread-thunder_red.jpg  

My Thunderace thread-thunder_black.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 17th April 2008 at 23:13.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:25   #165
BHPian

Dark smoke looks okay, but the solid black is devilish. Go for it !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks