Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 23:40   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Manson u can paint / sticker the helmet
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Nice lid, manson....you might wanna paint it red/black to match the ace, eh....
you guys are all mad!!!
i've just managed to finally get a reasonably good helmet, and you'll wanna make changes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Niceeeeeeee Mason. But I thought you had ordered the red one?
No guzzle, i remember mentioning to you i'm gettin this green one as it was on a closeout. Thanks again mate.

manson.
Old 27th June 2007, 00:10   #122
Team-BHP Support

heavy foot, was that with a silver XX and a green zxr 750? thats one ride i recall with two sbks.
If it was then it was kartik and srikantsan around me, dont recall any clicking though.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2007 at 00:14.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:46   #123
Senior - BHPian

really dont remember the other bikes bro..but definately i saw you and your ace.
Old 26th July 2007, 13:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

hey manson havent heard anything about ur ride for a long time ?
Old 26th July 2007, 13:15   #125
Team-BHP Support

Sammy, thats mostly because the monsoons have slowed things down a little since our last amby valley ride, which you can read here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...pictorial.html (Ride to Amby Valley: A pictorial)

After that one, i have ridden only a few times, the last one being last sunday when RT and i rode to lonavla.
Will update the thread with some pictures later in the evening.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 26th July 2007 at 13:20.
Old 26th July 2007, 13:44   #126
Senior - BHPian

oh yeah , the monsoons ..it has hardly been raining here in bangalore so just slipped off my mind .

Looking fwd to the pics . Ride on bro
Old 26th July 2007, 19:11   #127
BHPian

Dammm....thats a good helmet man. Ride safe dude! And dont forget to do a few burnouts before you have those new tires put on it. upload the videos after that!
Old 26th July 2007, 19:30   #128
Team-BHP Support

Guys imageshack down as usual, will try posting pictures tomorrow again.

Blaze, only if i could do a burnout, done a couple on a friend's splendour a couple of years ago though

manson.
Old 27th July 2007, 14:48   #129
Team-BHP Support

Was not prepared to call it a season even after the Amby Valley ride. It was getting sorta wet around, at anku just then had managed a beautiful 954, we had another reason to ride.
Nobody else could make it, so anku and i took off to karjat, we had decided tgo turn back wherever the rains got heavy.
Approaching the highway ost chembur anku points out to the shining sun, and we went on without a stop.
Ride was good, anku was sorting out issues i had when i did my first ride, but he managed a ton better than me.
Got there, got a quick bite, and we were on our way back
On this particular ride i noticed that the turns/corners on the ride back were faster than the ride to karjat from mumbai.
Rt blames it on the fear of the heat, rpanicker thinks its mostly because of higher visibility.

Couple of pictures:

manson.

Last edited by manson : 27th July 2007 at 14:57.
Old 27th July 2007, 15:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics bro guess u really looking fwd to the monsoons ending soon

The 954 n the ace look beautiful .I know this is not a biker question but still ... Was wondering how the back seat comfort is on the Ace ( not too sure if u have ever been on it )
Old 27th July 2007, 16:17   #131
Team-BHP Support

I am extremely excited about the next season, from what i have gathered it it a totally different experience to ride on good tyres. I am so looking forward to that.
You guessed it, i have never sat pillion on the ace, infact i'd be too scared to try that. But i did read somewhere that the pillion footpegs arent the best placed on the ace, not too sure whether it was related to pillion comfort or taking corners.

manson.
Old 27th July 2007, 16:23   #132
Team-BHP Support

Manson may not be able to give an opinion on the pillion seat, but my wife certainly can. Her first impression was a good one. large seat and the pegs were not too bad either. However after 5 minutes, she was complaining about the lack of a grab rail, the terrible heat and the acceleration which she was not used too after being a regular on my 400.
Old 27th July 2007, 16:42   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy
Was wondering how the back seat comfort is on the Ace ( not too sure if u have ever been on it )
Also, a certain redbull employee can answer this.
Old 27th July 2007, 16:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

lol thanks Manson n RT : was looking for the feedback cos my buying the bike would depend on the wifeys approval (considering the fact that i am cajoling her to pitch in big time ..heh heh ) I guess a zzr kinda bike should be more like it .What say ?
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:50   #135
Team-BHP Support

A perfect ride, almost bang on schedule with minimum stops.
Rt and i rode a weekend or two ago. Initial intent was to ride to Karjat when we set out. Bandra was wet, and Rt and i expected it worsen as we approached Kalamboli, Panvel, etc
The road started to dry up soon after sion, a brief fuel and tyre pressure stop at chembur and we took off.
Was yet adjusting to the new helmet, so the first few kms were very slow indeed.
We reached Panvel and it was as dry as one could want it to be.
Btw, a certain ditch which was done last season has started to deepen, guys doing this stretch watch out for this one as you start to approach the Panvel bypass.

Anyways, we changed plans at Panvel and decided to head all the way to Loony, but ditch Amby Valley due to the enormous crowd the place would attract at this time of the year.

The ride carried on smoothly, we got to the garden like ghats, shot a couple of pictures (RT did), and were off to Kamat's for some quick grub.

Made for some good breakfast, and were soon on our way back. Eventful smooth ride on the way back continued and i was home by 10.15ish.

The quiet cool breeze, dark clouds (yet not a drop of rain), smooth cruising speeds were the highlights of the ride.

Some pictures shot by Rt:

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks