Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 11:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Have found the same PUIG in the US for much cheaper. Rehaan is going to be shipping it to me sometime soon.

manson.
Cool, those are some of the best. They make some nice frame sliders as well with names of the bikes on them.
Old 9th May 2008, 08:20   #182
Senior - BHPian

Kudos, Manmeetay. Appreciate your honesty. There aren't many out there who would come forth with their mishaps...especially superbikers.

Glad to know that the wheels are okay. BTW, 4 grand INR for the visor/windscreen ain't that expensive now, is it..... more so when you take into account the fact that our domestic counterparts boast of similarly expensive plastics.

P.S - You actually do not need to import panels/visors. There are local guys who make beautiful OE replicas for far less.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Kudos, Manmeetay. Appreciate your honesty. There aren't many out there who would come forth with their mishaps...especially superbikers.

Glad to know that the wheels are okay. BTW, 4 grand INR for the visor/windscreen ain't that expensive now, is it..... more so when you take into account the fact that our domestic counterparts boast of similarly expensive plastics.

P.S - You actually do not need to import panels/visors. There are local guys who make beautiful OE replicas for far less.
If you love your ride like your kid, you want to give it the best you can afford, whether its an Indian one or an SBK. Did you know that you even get locally made brake pads for SBK's?!!
Old 9th May 2008, 12:03   #184
Team-BHP Support

The headlight cover reached this morning. I am yet to see it, but i am told its in pieces!!
Veyron, i know, but i'd rather buy a nice branded unit cos' i mostly intend to keep the Ace for a really long time.

manson.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:35   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The headlight cover reached this morning. I am yet to see it, but i am told its in pieces!!
Veyron, i know, but i'd rather buy a nice branded unit cos' i mostly intend to keep the Ace for a really long time.

manson.
When you say pieces, I'm guessing its supposed to be that way, right?
Old 9th May 2008, 12:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

Manson

I will give you an update on the visor tomorrow. Dont do this in a hurry - WAIT for the right parts. It is worth the wait.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:44   #187
Team-BHP Support

Straight6, nope its a single piece cover. The loose pirces may just be the welcro mounts.
Now i can't wait to see it lol

Steer, the auction on ebay for the PUIG closed just when Rehaan was gonna buy it. It will probably take a day or two before the seller reslists the windscreen. The piece availble now is a very light shade of smoke.
Lemme know what works out at your end. Thanks man.

manson.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:41   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a difference between an owner, and a dealer.
Having owned the Ace for a while now, i'll always know what it is worth. I am my bike.

manson.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:35   #189
Senior - BHPian

Oye nahin, yaar. I meant the owners as well. Most do not disclose the tiny dings their rides have been subjected to; hoping for better resale value, perhaps. Or worse, to massage egos.

So, the Ace sporting new windscreen yet?
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:00   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, the Ace sporting new windscreen yet?
The PUIG has reached Rehaan in NY, and now we're trying to figure out a not so ridiculously expensive way to have it shipped down.

manson.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:35   #191
Senior - BHPian

I hope you're planning on getting the HJC thats lying there. Its more important.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:16   #192
Team-BHP Support

Thats mostly coming down in July. There's hardly any riding left this season, i could use the the Green HJC till then.

manson.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:38   #193
Senior - BHPian

Hey I'd like to know how you store the bike in the rains and how often you start her up etc.
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:06   #194
Team-BHP Support

Its always kept under a plastic cover irrespective of the season. Last monsoon, i would make sure i started it up every two-three days, and rode around the block atleast once a week.
But, be careful on the plastic cover, very often if the cover isnt taken off regularly for the wash, mice tend to take to the warmth beneath the cover, and as a result you'll end up with chewed wires.

manson.
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:18   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its always kept under a plastic cover irrespective of the season. Last monsoon, i would make sure i started it up every two-three days, and rode around the block atleast once a week.
But, be careful on the plastic cover, very often if the cover isnt taken off regularly for the wash, mice tend to take to the warmth beneath the cover, and as a result you'll end up with chewed wires.

manson.
Yikes!! The last thing anyone would want.
How heavy is the screen,Paaji? Is it shipped in a cardboard box or a crate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks