Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 00:36   #166
BHPian

Thats neat. I like these photoshop experts its like a quick preview before spending $$. i think i agree about both u'r comments on the smoked screens. I dont like the red. Its super "dhinchak".
"Exquisite suberbiker manson" and "dhinchak" dont go well together unless u want it to be "dhinchak manson" ?! or do you
lol just kidding.

i like the dark black more but wat concerns me is what happens when u'r riding late at night?
its gonna be a hassle to remove each time?! Or if its easily removable u don't want anyone to steal it of your moto.

save that $$ and invest in something else maybe?! maybe the cam stand or led tail lamps or something!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2008 at 23:47. Reason: 4 smileys.
Old 18th April 2008, 01:21   #167
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Bhupi. Makes sense in getting something that won't be stolen. The dark screen looks good.

OT: Bhupi, how did you get away with 4 smileys? Yaha pe sirf do allowed hai sir..
Old 18th April 2008, 01:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

Hey manson, seeing updates on this thread after a long time. Good to read about your rides again bro. How come the idea of headlight covers ? I mean any particular purpose?
Old 18th April 2008, 10:25   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
OT: Bhupi, how did you get away with 4 smileys? Yaha pe sirf do allowed hai sir..

whoops... looks like the mods are busy partying! or maybe its becoz its the the motorbikes section. everythings allowed here ! jus kidding. didnt realise
Old 18th April 2008, 13:25   #170
Senior - BHPian

Damn that red is not what I was imagining. I was thinking more DARK red. I think you should just go for the dark smoke black.
Old 20th April 2008, 00:56   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Tank cam?? I didn't know about this! You must have surely taken some videos too, right?
Here you straight6 this is a video of my ride (tank mounted handycam).
Manson check it out as well...i hope u like and u get one urself !
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2600049931940451665&hl=en
Old 20th April 2008, 13:59   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Here you straight6 this is a video of my ride (tank mounted handycam).
Manson check it out as well...i hope u like and u get one urself !
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2600049931940451665&hl=en

That was nice! Was that an Impreza accelerating at the end of the video?
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:48   #173
Team-BHP Support

Rode to town last evening to catch a movie with friend. The ride was usual, the right wrist was at freedom on empty visible stretches, quite controlled though.
A few times i tore away from the traffic around while opening up in the 2nd and 3rd gears.
I'm riding, pass Heera Panna, and i see this really old friend from school stadning by, i go into flashback for a couple of moments.
Just a few seconds after that it happens!!
This joker jumps over the railing, and decides to appear in front of me when i'm like some 3-4 feet from hitting him. Fortunately the traffic is slow, and i m not going fast by any standards, hit the brakes, i stop well in time. But, our jaywalker could not get his hands in place, and his elbow hits the Lockhart windscreen, and its done for.

I am glad i did not lose balance, held it altogether, but slightly zapped with the whole thing. Take notice of everything, the windscreen is gone, everything else is ok, but the chap is nursing his miniscule bruise on one of his fingers. Ok so now what!!

Roll the bike on a side, the fellow follows me. The usual crowd gathers, and i am sort of taken by a surprising voice. 'Main toh marne wala tha, ungli pe itna maar laga hai' is what the chap is narrating to himself, the people around, and gettin louder for me to take notice.
I sure did take notice. The chap was a cabbie, which i assume beause of their uniform, and was crossing over a railing, which he could have used a zebra crossing for a few meters ahead.

The mumbai guys would know the Hyundai showroom, just after Heera Panna, this happened right there, so we were not really too far from a zebra crossing, but the 'hero' thought otherwise.
He started a mild accusation, that in some way it was my fault, and i did not see him or i could have slowed down et all, but how would i take notice if he had just decided to jump in front of me a second or two before i reached him. Even then the bike stopped well in time, and if only he would have controlled his body weight in a better way, there would have been no damage.
So the accusation builds up, and so does my anger, then i slapped him across his face. I am sorry, but there's really a limit. The chap ran across the road where there was no crossing, and without even briefly inspecting the traffic conditon before taking the punge.
My windscreen which costs a considerable amount is broken, the guy obviosuly would not pay for it, was overly reactive to a negligible bruise and trying to usher the blame on me instead. And then i slapped him across his face again.

Frustration is dying down now, and then a cop appears loooking all concerned. I doubt the concern was for either of us, the chap crossing the road, the bike, or me. Probably thought he could make a buck. Asks me to accompny him to his senior, which i point blank refuse saying it would be a further waste of time for me, and there was no way the cop, or the chap crossing were going to pay me for any damage.
I startup the Ace, cross his senior standing at a little distance, and carry on to the movie with the broken plastic tucked away.

Movie (You Me Aur um) is good, and the company was fab
Some good dinner with family after that, and i was looking for a windscreen for the Ace first thing i was home.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 2nd May 2008 at 12:58.
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:24   #174
BHPian

Manson: happy to know that nothing really major happened. Ride Safe Buddy...
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:32   #175
Senior - BHPian

Damn! So where are you looking for the screen now?
Old 2nd May 2008, 14:08   #176
Team-BHP Support

Dunno man, i've found something in Hongkong for 45 USD shipped, but its not a branded one. And, there's a PUIG double bubble for 100 USD plus shipping, but the seller only ships to Germany.
Both of these are on ebay. Any links you wanna help me with?

manson.
Old 6th May 2008, 22:24   #177
BHPian

Looks like its time for a nice Dubble Bubble!
Old 7th May 2008, 14:06   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Dunno man, i've found something in Hongkong for 45 USD shipped, but its not a branded one. And, there's a PUIG double bubble for 100 USD plus shipping, but the seller only ships to Germany.
Both of these are on ebay. Any links you wanna help me with?

manson.
Give me some time and let me see what I can find. I found some nice stuff for anku's 954 and he ordered quite a lot immediately.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:31   #179
Team-BHP Support

Have found the same PUIG in the US for much cheaper. Rehaan is going to be shipping it to me sometime soon.

manson.
Old 7th May 2008, 19:57   #180
Senior - BHPian

Damn,thats really sad. Glad that you were ok,manson.
The guy's got some nerve to open his mouth & accuse you! Beat the crap out of him,I'd say!
Arrghh!! Nevermind. Ride safe,buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks