Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 22:29   #181
BANNED

Re: '1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
that car tyre on rear is very very dangerous on turns , replace it with motorcycle tyre ..

even the front tyre on your bike is a rear motorcycle tyre , so again its bad for handeling ...
Thanks.
That is why I said turns need to be taken at slow & controlled speed.
Front tyre is just fine,no one is going to have a track day on this bike.

The Turbo Diesel bike is coming good,but still would take another two months to be fully ready.
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:26   #182
BHPian

Hi,

I think the end result looks good, the launch is a little un-nerving though! the bike squats and disappears

Just on that last point raised about the car tyre being a liability. It's a trend I'm only now becoming aware of that is popular with cruisers or anyone who does long distance highway riding on a motorbike.

Its called 'darksiding' putting a car tyre on the back of a bike for the purpose of touring (a car tyre outlasts a sportsbike tyre more than a few times over!)

See examples here
Tail of the Dragon?

and also here is a youtube link of the same

and read about it here The Dark Side
Paulstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 14:00   #183
BANNED

Thanks Paul,for the links and article on Dark Side.
Its quite dangerous to call something Dangerously Dangerous without ever testing it for yourself. Old believes are hard to shake!
I did not know that car tyres despite having almost flat profile can provide sparky turns.I mean its just hard to digest that a flat profile tyre will perform just as good , but when first time Disc barkes hit motorcycles it was hard to digest them aswell. I guess its just better rubber and more surface area in contact as compared to a M/C tyre
Diesel bike is getting much better rear suspension and I hope there will be much less of squit, it is more of a reaction to shaft jack,can be reduced with better suspension but would be harder to eliminate entirely. Shaft driven bike is just different in the way it sends torque to the wheel, I am not saying it is better or worse than a chain or belt drive ,its just different and takes some getting use to.
Way in which the motorcycle raises its rear end when it is accelerated with loads of torque will take most bikers by surprise as they would expect the front end to come up or lighten, on putting the power down. Its fun to experience something new.
Thanks again
Old 4th April 2011, 09:18   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
I did not know that car tyres despite having almost flat profile can provide sparky turns.I mean its just hard to digest that a flat profile tyre will perform just as good , but when first time Disc barkes hit motorcycles it was hard to digest them aswell.
Hi, Not a problem RE the links, btw I see the trend, i see people riding safely on car tyres but personally on my sportbike, i wouldn't.

Stiffer front end suspension, softer rear suspensions combination would potentially keep the back planted more and give more traction when you give it a hit.

More vids when you can please get it to a track

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks