Mahindra XUV500 150 49.18%
Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 09:35   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Came across this price list that was obtained in 2010. How atrocious!!
My dad is one of those who didn't buy it that time thinking it was a bit overpriced and now he wants to buy it by paying 8 lakhs more.
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:41   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner

Well actually if you see it carefully the price of the Fortuner hasn't been increased drastically or rather any differently then the competition. The percentage increase in the price of the XUV since its launch and the refreshed Fortuner since its launch is infact less for the Fortuner. Also the final price has been further increased due to an increment in road taxes.
Old 9th October 2013, 09:35   #168
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am learning so many different perspectives/view points after I made the purchase, thanks to this thread.

On the price escalation point, I guess it holds true for any selling model from any maker. Please show us any good selling exceptions?
Old 9th October 2013, 13:18   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Posting this on behalf of a friend. His budget is 15 lakhs. Is the XUV a good option/ only option? He doesn't like the duster. Any other SUV that fits in his budget?
Only other option is the Safari /Storme and if you friend can search patiently, then a second hand Fortuner / Pajero would be the best bet.

But before anything your friend needs to assess his requirements first. If your friend does not intend to go for offroading then he can surely go for the brand new XUV.

Quote:
My friend lives in Indore, so a non existent service backup means he had to zero in on the XUV.
The Rexton comment was not for you.
Old 9th October 2013, 13:27   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My friend lives in Indore, so a non existent service backup means he had to zero in on the XUV.
You are contradicting yourself. Both Xuv and the Rexton will be serviced at mahindra outlets only. So lack of service centres should not be a criterion to choose between the two as both have the same amount of electronics and sophistication and will not be easily services at the usual road side mechanics.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 14:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You are contradicting yourself. Both Xuv and the Rexton will be serviced at mahindra outlets only. So lack of service centres should not be a criterion to choose between the two as both have the same amount of electronics and sophistication and will not be easily services at the usual road side mechanics.
I was not aware of the Rexton then. It's not as visible as the XUV.
Which is a better suv it's hard to tell. I only know XUV owners and they're pretty happy.
Old 9th October 2013, 14:27   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was not aware of the Rexton then. It's not as visible as the XUV.
Which is a better suv it's hard to tell. I only know XUV owners and they're pretty happy.
It felt really luxurious and good. Infact I would say that out of all SUV till the 30l bracket this one had the most luxurious Interiors. Exteriors also are pretty good. Only problem for me was :
1. Useless third row seat.
2. Price, knowing that its coming from the Mahindra stable and long term reliability is still unknown.
Old 9th October 2013, 16:36   #173
Senior - BHPian

From your post I can see that you're looking for a 7-seater SUV with no need for a four wheel drive. I would suggest you consider a Xylo and save the remaining amount.

Fortuner is too over priced for the kind of specs and features, while I still feel there's no need for you to invest in an XUV5OO since you're not opting for an off-roader but a comfortable vehicle for 7 people to sit.
Old 9th October 2013, 16:48   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
From your post I can see that you're looking for a 7-seater SUV with no need for a four wheel drive. I would suggest you consider a Xylo and save the remaining amount.

Fortuner is too over priced for the kind of specs and features, while I still feel there's no need for you to invest in an XUV5OO since you're not opting for an off-roader but a comfortable vehicle for 7 people to sit.
Don't forget he's coming from innova, so the car should feel like a upgrade.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 11:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Mohit, AFAIK, not all Mahindra Workshops are trained and authorized to service and carry out repair jobs on the Rexton. In Delhi, Koncept Mahindra has two workshops in Okhla, one catering to Rexton and XUV only, and the other catering to the remaining vehicles in their stable. Although, lack of shop floor area is another factor.
desiaztec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 17:22   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
Mohit, AFAIK, not all Mahindra Workshops are trained and authorized to service and carry out repair jobs on the Rexton. In Delhi, Koncept Mahindra has two workshops in Okhla, one catering to Rexton and XUV only, and the other catering to the remaining vehicles in their stable. Although, lack of shop floor area is another factor.
But then as you yourself say it must be due to the floor area or the idea of segregating the premium products from the rest of the offerings. What I am interested to know is whether there is any service centre which qualifies to service the XUV but not the Rexton? Because the XUV in itself comes with a whole lot of electronics.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
But then as you yourself say it must be due to the floor area or the idea of segregating the premium products from the rest of the offerings. What I am interested to know is whether there is any service centre which qualifies to service the XUV but not the Rexton? Because the XUV in itself comes with a whole lot of electronics.
Mohit, that could be true but the folks at non-XUV/Rexton workshop are not trained in repairing these two vehicles as was conveyed by the technician a few days back.

Also, this is what our moderator .anshuman has to share about an incidence experienced by his friend (copied from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html )

"I suggested my Friend to take the car to nearest Mahindra service center, he was in Hisar(Haryana) travelling on a highway. He took the car to Mahindra service center in Hisar, i was confident that since they sell and support XUV500 at this dealership they will atleast look in to the issue and will try to make the car fit to drive to Delhi NCR. The dealership refused to even look at the car, mentioning how they had clear instructions from Mahindra to not even touch the Rexton. Despite repeated requests stating this to be a emergency visit, they did not budge. Upon my suggestion, my friend called the Helpline, they suggested him to drive the car to Delhi/or get it towed before they can attend it".

In no way mean to discourage you from buying a Mahindra, but I thought I should share it with you if you have skipped reading this thread.
Old 12th October 2013, 16:20   #178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
It's nice to see that you have nearly come to a conclusion but look at it this way the XUV being cheaper, has managed to get the same number of votes.
I think the real achievement here is that a Mahindra SUV has managed about as many votes as a Toyota. That is a testament to the huge leap forward that the XUV500 is.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 17:14   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

While keeping the search on for a used fortuner, I came across this add in our classifieds. The same car was previously listed for 18L a couple of months back and according to carwale the price should be more around 12L. Does it merit any consideration?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Montero.html/
Old 12th October 2013, 17:42   #180
BHPian

Quote:
While keeping the search on for a used fortuner, I came across this add in our classifieds. The same car was previously listed for 18L a couple of months back and according to carwale the price should be more around 12L. Does it merit any consideration?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Montero.html/
Seems like a fishy deal (being sold on as-is where-is basis) - would advice you to stay away!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks