Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 15:03   #301
BHPian

hi all,
nice to know that the national meet is in Goa.I am from Goa and had discussed about this with Khaadu on his last trip to Goa.I have afew suggestions to make . You all can add or comment on them. The purpose of these suggestions is to make the meet enjoyable to all of us without causing any problems to others.I strongly feel we should take the following precautions as it is very easy to get carried away during such meets:

1. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

2. DO NOT DRIVE RASHLY AND IN AN UNSAFE MANNER

That time of the year is a rush season with the local tourists and lots of school children. we can always have a blast at the Go karting track and also if enough intrest is generated we can also have an Autocross where we race in a controlled environment.

Also the accomodations have to be booked in advance.
regards
Old 19th April 2006, 15:10   #302
BANNED

GOA!!!! and TEAM-BHP ???????

I'm going to drive now. But Where?
Old 19th April 2006, 15:14   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallystar

That time of the year is a rush season with the local tourists and lots of school children. we can always have a blast at the Go karting track and also if enough intrest is generated we can also have an Autocross where we race in a controlled environment.
Well said. Driving in Goa is a pleasure if you cruise at controlled speeds. Traffic sense of the people of Goa is as good as it gets in India. Tearing up the roads will only endanger others' lives and make you look really stupid.
Thanks rallystar.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:26   #304
Senior - BHPian

yes guyz rallystar sd right dont drink drive there i had been to goa i met kundan (rallystar) the roads are awsome there but we spoke to one bar owner and he sd there had been 5 accident in 2 days and nobody survived
i forgot to tell this to rallystar.. but its awsome place for meet i m in
Old 20th April 2006, 00:14   #305
BANNED

Quote:
hi all,
nice to know that the national meet is in Goa.I am from Goa and had discussed about this with Khaadu on his last trip to Goa.I have afew suggestions to make . You all can add or comment on them. The purpose of these suggestions is to make the meet enjoyable to all of us without causing any problems to others.I strongly feel we should take the following precautions as it is very easy to get carried away during such meets:

Also the accomodations have to be booked in advance.
regards
Hey, I second you on the points that you made -- obviously we wudnt want the entire trip being wasted because of some stupid situation which can/could easily be avoided . This is about meeting up with people with whom so far we have only been interacting through the key board ... !!

As for the people wanting to go head to head with other members cars -- DO THAT AT THE SPEEDRUNS HELD ALL OVER THE SOUTH !!!! Lets get together and make this a meet with a HAPPY ENDING ...

Rallystar, We still waiting for the room tariffs to be posted so that we can get the money across to you as I'm sure no Hotel will take bookings with out an advance ... !!

And pls log on more often ... U will need to do the organising part in Goa to make this happen !!!

Cheers
Old 20th April 2006, 00:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Hey i heard about this offer from Leela about giving rooms real cheap in Goa if booked 21 days in advance. Tarriffs as low as a grand or thereabouts..
will find out more tomorrow...

Amitoj
Old 20th April 2006, 00:17   #307
BANNED

ANOTHER THING ---- I STILL DON"T SEE A MEMBER FROM BOMBAY WILLING TO CO-ORDINATE THINGS IN BOMBAY ... SOMEONE PLS STAND UP AND GET THE BOMBAY GANG HEADING TO GOA ... WE WANT YOU ALL THERE ...

Mods, Sorry for the BOLD stuff but need someone from Bombay to organise things there as well.

Cheers
Old 20th April 2006, 09:08   #308
BHPian

hi guys ,
i would like to what the rooms to be booked will be in what range, also wheter a choice of A/c or non A/c.Also it is important that all guys put up in one place ., so hurry up and let me know
cheers
Old 20th April 2006, 09:32   #309
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
hi guys ,
i would like to what the rooms to be booked will be in what range, also wheter a choice of A/c or non A/c.Also it is important that all guys put up in one place ., so hurry up and let me know
cheers
Anything within the range of 1-1.5k per room with triple sharing with AC will work out fine with the bangalore boys .. We can wait for the rest to confirm pertaining to their cities ..

Also could we have someone volunteer from bombay to help us out ???

Rehaan , whats the status on the invites ???
Old 20th April 2006, 14:45   #310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
ANOTHER THING ---- I STILL DON"T SEE A MEMBER FROM BOMBAY WILLING TO CO-ORDINATE THINGS IN BOMBAY ... SOMEONE PLS STAND UP AND GET THE BOMBAY GANG HEADING TO GOA ... WE WANT YOU ALL THERE ...

Mods, Sorry for the BOLD stuff but need someone from Bombay to organise things there as well.

Cheers

Hi Khaadu,

Am sorry for keeping mum on this issue for a long while. Thing is there are no confirmed members from Bombay so far translating into no known company and there is a friends wedding around that date which makes my situation dicey otherwise I would have volunteered.

Viper
Old 20th April 2006, 15:29   #311
Senior - BHPian

guyz about rooms we paid around 1000 k per room with 4 beds
with a/c if you want without a/c it was around 600k
its near to beach....but i sugges we should go with A/C because it was quite hot there
Old 21st April 2006, 12:21   #312
Team-BHP Support

Pdev29 has provided a more realistic costing, and you could probably even bargain for better due to the size of the group (unless you guys are planning to stay at the Taj or somehting . And A/C is a must at that time of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Rehaan , whats the status on the invites ???
Have PMd you.

cya
R
Old 21st April 2006, 14:54   #313
Senior - BHPian

i believe we have to have a proper plan where we are palnning to land first how many people are there? after knwoing all these we can move further mods you have any rough idea about all these
Old 21st April 2006, 15:04   #314
BHPian

I have just seen this thread. Is there a final agenda for the meet? And what is the base hotel? Great idea by the way.
Old 21st April 2006, 15:11   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
guyz about rooms we paid around 1000 k per room with 4 beds
with a/c if you want without a/c it was around 600k
1000k, 600k??? What currency are we talking about?

Last edited by Samurai : 21st April 2006 at 15:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks