Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When can you make it for this meet + one night's stay?
Feb 11th & 12th (2012) 15 36.59%
Feb 18th & 19th (2012) 34 82.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team BHP Bangalore Mega Meet 2012 - wake up!!!

How about chickmagalur side ? Roads from Bangalore all the way to Chikmagalur is great, not much traffic after Yeswanthpur and lot of places to see around. Climate will be cold also. We could look for resorts inside coffee plantation if stay is planned. Ride should be less than 4 hours.

Last edited by shamanth : 22nd January 2012 at 09:13.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:42   #62
BHPian

Adding to the list:

1. Asdon(2)
2. Mayank - 2 Adults + 1 5yr old child
3. floyd.bell(Ashish) - 2 Adults + 1 2yr kid
4. CorsaLove (Gautam)- 2 Adults + 1 kid (2yr old)
5. KiloAlpha - 2 adults + 1 child (1 yr. old)
6. Rocky080 - 2 adults

I also vote for an overnight stay.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:58   #63
Team-BHP Support

If it's going to be a one-day affair, count me in. I can't do overnight stays unfortunately. And also hoping it's not sometime between 3rd Feb and 10th Feb, because I'm not going to be in town.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:06   #64
BHPian

Sorry guys, I cannot make it for either of 11th or 18th weekends..
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:20   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
How about chickmagalur side ? Roads from Bangalore all the way to Chikmagalur is great, not much traffic after Yeswanthpur and lot of places to see around. Climate will be cold also. We could look for resorts inside coffee plantation if stay is planned. Ride should be less than 4 hours.
Roads are not good through out. Last few KMs near chikmagalur are really bad.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:34   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came across this thread. I would have loved to join this meet but unfortunately I am tied up on both of those weekends. If any of those commitment gets canceled and the meet is finalized for that weekend then for sure I will join you guys.

Also, If you guys are looking for a good stretch to the destination then you may also consider Yercaud Hills which is around 230Kms from Bangalore. Roads are good throughout, till Salem its 4lane and then its the ghat session.
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:41   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Also, If you guys are looking for a good stretch to the destination then you may also consider Yercaud Hills which is around 230Kms from Bangalore. Roads are good throughout, till Salem its 4lane and then its the ghat session.
That is indeed true! Yercaud is an awesome hill station with absolutely beautiful roads leading through ghats. I have been there once and it was just heavenly watching Salem in the night from the place where I had stayed.
Having said that, we need to decide on a place asap. I think everybody's fine with 18/19 dates. As @Mayank suggested, we should put all the places that have been discussed till now on a poll and finalise the place before next weekend.

What say @Asdon or do you want to discuss it over a mini coffee-meet as you said earlier?? That's fine too.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:25   #68
BHPian

Lets meet on 4th Feb, evening in any of the coffee joints where most of the members will be comfortable, I stay in Electronic City, and can meet in (HSR/ Koramangla/ BTM/ Banerghatta Road/ Outer Ring Road/ Whitefield)

Points on which the discussion must focus -
  • Distance (my view within 200-300km)
  • It is an overnight trip (sorry guys who would want to be in a day trip, we can do it again)
  • Choice of places(those who have their choices, please bring some information about staying options with pricing as well, this will save time)
  • Date (on which weekend maximum participation possible)
Looking forward to this...
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:39   #69
Team-BHP Support

Adding my name to the list:

1. Asdon(2)
6. Rocky080 - 2 adults
7. KarthikK - 1 child alone (25 yrs old)

are bachelor bacchas allowed to join BHP family meets? I'm ok with any destination, as long as it involves some good roads
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

I am game if we finalize on 11th/12th Feb weekend. But prefer jungle/hills. Not too keen to meet up at some CCD.

Quite a few budget places in Masinagudi. BR Hills - a couple of new resorts have opened outside the sanctuary gates. It might also be possible to get bulk discounts from Jungle Lodges - say Cauvery Fishing Camp or Galibore.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 23rd January 2012 at 12:05.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:00   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am game if we finalize on 1112 Feb weekend. But prefer jungle/hills. Not too keen to meet up at some CCD.
Sir the meet will happen in hills/ Jungle only, the CCD meet is to finalize everything.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:02   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys lets close in the dates first, how about 18 & 19th Feb? Give your say guys...
I'm fine with any place as long as the parking is secure . I would mostly be coming alone by bike. Is that OK or is this strictly a family thing? If so, might bring my wife and son along. I'm OK with 18/19th Feb. 11th/12th I'm heading to Kari Motor Speedway with my ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Mods/@n_aditya could we list all the options listed by @asdon on a poll and dates (11/12 Feb and 18/19 Feb) as options and give 2/3 days for folks to respond. This way we could get done with the decision sooner, if we keep going this way it seems endless.
Done. Will add the poll shortly.

Quote:
The place is still not confirm, we are checking the member list first, then it will be followed by a mini meet over a cup of coffee to decide the place. And yes budget is everyone's concern. Still if members are not in the mood of nightstay, we will think for options. But my vote would still be for night halt.
+1. Lets keep the suggestions pouring in for the destination. Once we have an idea of the number of people for the meet based on the poll results (dates) we can freeze on the location by count of votes (over coffee). I'm fine with an overnighter or a single day trip too. Matter of fact this month I'm doing 2 overnight trips back to back on weekends after almost a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
+1. Just did an overnighter at a homestay in chickmagalur this past weekend (21st night, one night stay only). Roads were awesome till Belur/Hassan and then its a single lane for some distance with some patchwork on potholes. Definitely light years ahead compared to Gonikoppal/Virajpet roads which was a nightmare.

Adding my name to the list.

1. Asdon(2)
6. Rocky080 - 2 adults
7. KarthikK - 1 childult (child-like adult)
8. n_aditya

P.S. If this is a strict family outing, i shall get my family along, else would love to ride down to the planned destination. Anyone carpooling?

Edit - Poll added / thread title updated. Polling will close on 1st Feb so in case majority have voted for the first option it gives us a little more than a week to organize and arrange the logistics.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd January 2012 at 12:19.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:09   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
are bachelor bacchas allowed to join BHP family meets?
pretty much want to ask the same question. Is this is a strict family meet (based on the current list)??

and can there be an option for ' either of the dates' on the poll? :P

Last edited by superutp : 23rd January 2012 at 12:10.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:11   #74
BHPian

@Aditya - This is a family event where singles are welcome, but they have to perform something at evening bonfire.

bring the family along yaar, they will enjoy.

Edit:- Single bachchaas/ Chillar Parties are welcome, please join in.

Last edited by asdon : 23rd January 2012 at 12:15.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Aditya - This is a family event where singles are welcome, but they have to perform something at evening bonfire.

bring the family along yaar, they will enjoy.
Sure Asdon. Will try and see if my family can make it. We just got back from chickmagalur yesterday so not sure if they want to camp out again so soon.

To ensure the spouses had no reason to complain about the husbands missing over the weekend, the wife and kids of the respective bikers joined us in a car while we rode down to chickmagalur.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd January 2012 at 12:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks