Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 09:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Mate,
Instead of doing Delhi Agra Ahmedabad Belgaum Bangalore suggest you folks to do Delhi Agra Udaipur Pune Bangalore .
Do factor in couple of days as buffer.
Thanks we have 3 days buffer in total. About the route i think what you are suggesting is the same road we are taking. By the way we have dropped Agra from the itinerary. So return halts will be Manali, Panipat, Udaipur, Hubli.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks we have 3 days buffer in total. About the route i think what you are suggesting is the same road we are taking. By the way we have dropped Agra from the itinerary. So return halts will be Manali, Panipat, Udaipur, Hubli.
Do PM. Your email address and I shall send you my old itinerary that was planned for last year. Only skeptical thought would be that too big a convoy means everyone must have strong discipline. There might be days where you might hav to start as early as by 4. All the best mate August is a. Better time to head considering that there might be family members. (to be read as female travellers)
Old 1st January 2013, 12:02   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
After two successful meets of the BLR and HYD folks, the Mumbai/Pune folks plan to meet up on the coming Sunday (6th Jan) to start the planning
Yes, Mumbai/Pune guys should also meet up sometime, get to know. Lets see how many pour in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Return leg looks good. But Udaipur to Hubli would be too much at 1300+ Kms in a single day. Rather do Udaipur-Pune-Banglore which would be more comfortable.
Old 1st January 2013, 15:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Do PM. Your email address and I shall send you my old itinerary that was planned for last year. Only skeptical thought would be that too big a convoy means everyone must have strong discipline. There might be days where you might hav to start as early as by 4. All the best mate August is a. Better time to head considering that there might be family members. (to be read as female travellers)
Yes, maintaining timings is always an issue with a big group but then you would know that ultimately who all are there at the start of the journey can be whole lot smaller than current numbers.

The tough section in terms of timing is the Leh - Turtok to get in before sundown so that we can see the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes, Mumbai/Pune guys should also meet up sometime, get to know. Lets see how many pour in.

Return leg looks good. But Udaipur to Hubli would be too much at 1300+ Kms in a single day. Rather do Udaipur-Pune-Banglore which would be more comfortable.
Sorry mate my bad, the return was Panipat, Himatnagar, Kohlapur, Bangalore. So right now all the distances are below 1000 for any given day.
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:58   #110
Senior - BHPian

How are the accomodations being planned? Are you guys going to book them in advance or check out the places and decide on the spot?
Old 8th January 2013, 10:16   #111
BHPian

Hi, friends as an member of Chennai Team I would suggest we Chennai guys start on 23rd Aug from Chennai and meet Bangalore team on 24th the time and place of our meeting I leave it to Bangalore team to suggest us.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Hi, friends as an member of Chennai Team I would suggest we Chennai guys start on 23rd Aug from Chennai and meet Bangalore team on 24th the time and place of our meeting I leave it to Bangalore team to suggest us.
Hi Sathya Prakash,
That is a very good idea, lets see how many people are there from Chennai in July and then we can definitely plan accordingly, what do you think?

It also depends on the number of cars coming from Chennai. If there are no cars coming then may be we can also look at the option of a over night bus / train from Chennai to B'lore and then we can pick our Chennai friends and leave.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:17   #113
BHPian

tckanth> Good idea I hope a great number of members from Chennai join this trip let us wait and see, may i know how many cars are coming from Bangy? and how many seats are available? as of now.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:29   #114
BANNED

tckant> I am interested in joining for the LEH trip. Currently I am at Chennai. By August I will be at my native Krishnagiri. I can join at Bangalore. Like to know whether you have any plans for meeting during coming weekends, so I can attend at Bangalore.......
Old 9th January 2013, 12:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

Guys .
I would also like to join you guys , i guess we have some seats empty from bangalore

1. Punto - Blr - Alone (seats empty) confirmed (royalcruiser).

I would like to join him ( if he is ok with it ) for the trip, as i feel it will better to give company to someone rather than driving alone .

But what i wanted to know is, what is the approx cost per head we are looking @ for this trip ?
Please let me know , so that i can plan accordingly .

Cheers
Old 9th January 2013, 13:04   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But what i wanted to know is, what is the approx cost per head we are looking @ for this trip ?
Supriyo, it would come to somewhere around 60-70k per head I think.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:07   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Yes Karthik , i think that's what Avinash told us last time , isn't it .
But here the convoy is pretty big, so wanted to check what the kind of per head expense we are looking @ .

Cheers
Old 9th January 2013, 13:17   #118
Team-BHP Support

Keenly observing the going-ons in this thread, I might join this convoy sometime. I will be coming with 2 of my friends if at all my participation is confirmed. We will be getting along a Punto or Palio 1.6 with ourselves.

Quote:
Yes Karthik , i think that's what Avinash told us last time , isn't it .
But here the convoy is pretty big, so wanted to check what the kind of per head expense we are looking @ .
Aviorp always inflates figures. Don't believe him. He has gone on all kinds of detours to reach his destination.

Big convoy with sharing? 50k in that case .

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th January 2013 at 13:23.
Old 9th January 2013, 13:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

I would also like to join, though from Delhi. Are you all detouring at Delhi? My Yeti is dying to visit its homeland
Old 9th January 2013, 23:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
tckanth> Good idea I hope a great number of members from Chennai join this trip let us wait and see, may i know how many cars are coming from Bangy? and how many seats are available? as of now.
There are around 6 cars at least from Bangalore (few of them yet to be confirmed) and I hope this will increase if Schoudhury and Karthik join us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
tckant> I am interested in joining for the LEH trip. Currently I am at Chennai. By August I will be at my native Krishnagiri. I can join at Bangalore. Like to know whether you have any plans for meeting during coming weekends, so I can attend at Bangalore.......
Bangalore members keep meeting once in a while, there is a Mega meet happening in February, dates are yet to be finalized. Please follow the below threads and I'm sure the LEC platoon from B'lore will also meet some time soon, there was a meet few weeks ago.

Mega Meet Thread

Quick meets Thread

Quote:
Guys .
I would also like to join you guys , i guess we have some seats empty from bangalore

1. Punto - Blr - Alone (seats empty) confirmed (royalcruiser).

I would like to join him ( if he is ok with it ) for the trip, as i feel it will better to give company to someone rather than driving alone .

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
It will be great if you both could also join the team. There is a Facebook group where most of the realtime updates and discussions keep happening.
There is a detailed route and itinerary excel sheet which Hirak Das is maintaining.
it will cost around 60K per Car (assuming its a diesel car and the cost of diesel is around 51/-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Chaitanya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks