Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 01:23   #121
BHPian

Re: Looking for Ladakh long drive-mates in August 2013

hey guys. i too look forward to join this trip and august is perfect for me. been in india for two years and never got of mumbai. I own a baleno and would love to drive it to the destinations. currently i am planning this trip for only my own self, but i expect another friend of mine to join. so no occupants as of now.
I will be joining from mumbai, so please let me know how is the trip being planned.
and also let me know about the approx cost cause I am only 19, and a mere student.
Old 10th January 2013, 07:18   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys:

The exact cost breakup would have to be worked out in detail. The cost per car would be split if there are two or more people travelling by the car, so the per head cost may be less than the per car cost.

Also there are a few of us who are unable to travel within the 24 Aug - 15 Sep schedule due to Ganesh Chaturthi on 9th Sep. We are thinking of advancing the trip by about ten days. This would, unfortunately, have to be done as a separate group from Hirak Das and others.
Old 10th January 2013, 10:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys .
I would also like to join you guys , i guess we have some seats empty from bangalore

1. Punto - Blr - Alone (seats empty) confirmed (royalcruiser).

I would like to join him ( if he is ok with it ) for the trip, as i feel it will better to give company to someone rather than driving alone .

But what i wanted to know is, what is the approx cost per head we are looking @ for this trip ?
Please let me know , so that i can plan accordingly .

Cheers
Hi schoudhury, we have currently 5 cars from Blr, Manza, Polo, Punto, XUV and Tckanth()

There is space in Punto & XUV

Per head cost is working out to at an avg of 30k (only diesel cars). We are not going to stay in any fancy accomodations only B&B most of the times. Like Tckanth mentioned all the updates are in the FB group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Supriyo, it would come to somewhere around 60-70k per head I think.
Thats way too much Karthik, are you planning to stay in 5* accomodation , if 3 share a diesel car avg cost works out to around 30k per heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I would also like to join, though from Delhi. Are you all detouring at Delhi? My Yeti is dying to visit its homeland
Welcome to the FB group, I am sure you have gone through the itinerary. There is a chance of the group breaking up with the Mumbai gang advancing their dates but nothing is sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
It will be great if you both could also join the team. There is a Facebook group where most of the realtime updates and discussions keep happening.
There is a detailed route and itinerary excel sheet which Hirak Das is maintaining.
it will cost around 60K per Car (assuming its a diesel car and the cost of diesel is around 51/-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Chaitanya
Thanks Chaitanya for the group details and cost. The diesel avg cost will be less than 51 even considering a price hike in the future as apart from Karnataka, other states have less price for diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
hey guys. i too look forward to join this trip and august is perfect for me. been in india for two years and never got of mumbai. I own a baleno and would love to drive it to the destinations. currently i am planning this trip for only my own self, but i expect another friend of mine to join. so no occupants as of now.
I will be joining from mumbai, so please let me know how is the trip being planned.
and also let me know about the approx cost cause I am only 19, and a mere student.
Avg cost would be around 30k per head to be on a safer side. There is a big Mumbai & Pune gang building up with honeybee, seirrakamat, santoshr etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Guys:

The exact cost breakup would have to be worked out in detail. The cost per car would be split if there are two or more people travelling by the car, so the per head cost may be less than the per car cost.

Also there are a few of us who are unable to travel within the 24 Aug - 15 Sep schedule due to Ganesh Chaturthi on 9th Sep. We are thinking of advancing the trip by about ten days. This would, unfortunately, have to be done as a separate group from Hirak Das and others.
Well it will be unfortunate if the group breaks up but I would urge you to check again as festivals come every year but these drives come very rarely for us common joes. I would not want to look like an atheist but its just a suggestion.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

This is looking interesting guys!! Please add me to the tentative list. Me and a friend will probably join you guys in a Duster depending on when we can manage to take leave.

We were actually planning to go there last year, but due to conflicting schedules between me and my friend, we could not do so. This year we have decided to go for sure.

Btw, how many days are we looking at, from Bangalore to Bangalore?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This is looking interesting guys!! Please add me to the tentative list. Me and a friend will probably join you guys in a Duster depending on when we can manage to take leave.

We were actually planning to go there last year, but due to conflicting schedules between me and my friend, we could not do so. This year we have decided to go for sure.

Btw, how many days are we looking at, from Bangalore to Bangalore?
We are looking at 22 days, start on 24th Aug and come back by 15th Sept 2013. Ladakh has been allocated 9 days (2 days buffer)
Old 10th January 2013, 11:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It will be great if you both could also join the team. There is a

Cheers,
-Chaitanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi schoudhury, we have currently 5 cars from Blr, Manza, Polo, Punto, XUV and Tckanth()

Per head cost is working out to at an avg of 30k (only diesel cars). We are not going to stay in any fancy accomodations only B&B most of the times. Like Tckanth mentioned all the updates are in the FB group.
Kool.
Im in guys , mark me as confirmed

Quote:
That's great, so could you please check with owners of the the XUV or punto and check if they are ok if i join anyone of them.

I had sent a request in FB . for adding me to the group.
Cheers
Old 10th January 2013, 11:49   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Kool.
Im in guys , mark me as confirmed

That's great, so could you please check with owners of the the XUV or punto and check if they are ok if i join anyone of them.

I had sent a request in FB . for adding me to the group.
Cheers
XUV definitely has space as apart from the owner tushargohil, we have 1 other person. So you can definitely book your seat in luxury

You have been added to the group.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
XUV definitely has space as apart from the owner tushargohil, we have 1 other person. So you can definitely book your seat in luxury

You have been added to the group.
That's Great .
I have pm'ed tushar about the same , let see what he says .

Cheers.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Well it will be unfortunate if the group breaks up but I would urge you to check again as festivals come every year but these drives come very rarely for us common joes. I would not want to look like an atheist but its just a suggestion.
For us common joes, that is so rightly said. You end up watching these shows on television and always ponder what it would be like to actually be a part of such a convoy.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Just that the Ganesh chaturti if done has to be done every year and with nobody else @ home this would then have to be done by Wife and Mother and that's a bit much to ask from them.

Lets see. Tentative for now, else with the advanced dates.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:48   #130
BHPian

30K is perfect for me.
<B> Attention mumbai/pune gang. </B>
I will be most probably coming alone, leaving space for one more passenger. Anyone is welcomed to join, most preferably a driver, so we can take turns while driving the way.

motomarverick is right, festivals come and go every year, but this kind of trip wont.

As of now, I am confirmed in for the trip :
Old 10th January 2013, 20:24   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for updating the list buddy.
By the way Tckanth - drives a Beat Diesel and wishes to take it all the way to Paradise.
As of now its just me in the small car, there is one more seat available if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Old 11th January 2013, 09:15   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for updating the list buddy.
By the way Tckanth - drives a Beat Diesel and wishes to take it all the way to Paradise.
As of now its just me in the small car, there is one more seat available if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
I put a smiley as I was not sure if you are going to take your beat, better get some tuning box to get some extra torque
Old 13th January 2013, 13:43   #133
BHPian

For the people who are starting from Hyderabad, I can loan towing cable, jumper cable, air compressor etc if you guys need them. Picked them last year while going to Leh but never had to use them except for the air compressor.

Well these can be taken for any other trips as well.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
For the people who are starting from Hyderabad, I can loan towing cable, jumper cable, air compressor etc if you guys need them. Picked them last year while going to Leh but never had to use them except for the air compressor.

Well these can be taken for any other trips as well.
Thanks for the info, we can make use of the towing and jumper cable, I will let gauravdgr8 to coordinate with you once he is back in Hyderabad.
Old 14th January 2013, 14:52   #135
BHPian

Nice initiative this is. Even am planning the trip to Leh & Ladakh, 15 working days + 6 weekend offs total 21 days during the mnth of August. My plan is still in infant stages. We are family with one Kid of 6yrs, will be driving Scorpio starting from Bangalore, another family is welcome to join. We can plan out the trip together.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks