Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2014, 22:14   #106
BHPian

Re: Meet & Drive to Leh (Aug - Sept 2014)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Guys,

I am planning to drive to Leh this August (2014) on a 15 (days can be added if needed) day driving vacation from Pune. Had an extensive discussion with HVK on this.

As they say, a drive to Leh is best enjoyed when in a convoy. It signifies two things. First - It reduces the boredom, if there would be any as you would be driving with people you know. At the same time it teaches you some finer points in teamwork and collaborative achievements. Second - A convoy always acts as a second line of defense if you are stuck anywhere in those challenging and demanding terrains.

I will be taking my Safari on the drive and there are 3 seats still vacant to accompany me. What say guys? HVK, Lalu? Up for it?

Please do let me know if anyone is interested. If unfortunately I find none to accompany, I would still drive solo as Leh is too beautiful a place to give a miss, just because the fear of driving solo for 5000 Km round trip takes a better of your enthusiasm

Waiting eagerly for the participants.
hi

i want to do the trip in August first half and in need of a partner like you. i want to go on a drive trip but not getting partners. I am 39 years old and can drive very well. I am based out of Mumbai and a chartered accountant by qualification. I am a photographer by hobby and want to explore leh and ladakh region with my camera. In case you take me with you, you have to give me sometime for photography at certain places. The plan that i thought is going via srinagar and coming back via manali. though i want to do suru zanskar valley but it can be left. Please let me know in case you want to take it further. one of my friend who is a professional photographer may also join in case you allow for two of us.

please respond

regards

anupam
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:51   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Hey guys, have you finalized your dates. myself alongwith few more friends in 3 cars are starting from Delhi on August 28th, we will be doing Delhi - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Nubra Valley - Pangong - Hanle - Tso Moriri - Keylong - Delhi. Hope to meet you guys somewhere in Ladakh.
Anyone who would like to join us for the drive, either as passenger in one of vehicle or on your own vehicle is welcome. We are open to add more like minded 'Live to Drive' guys in our convoy.
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:44   #108
BHPian

guys anything finalized yet.

have any empty seat want to join in as a passenger.

if there is any whatsapp group for this trip please add me in +919892333345

Vikram Rathore
Mumbai
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:17   #109
BHPian

Hi,

A small update from the Bangalore group who will be travelling. We have finally decided we will be starting from bangalore on the 15th of August and should be in Srinagar by 21st. So anybody else travelling during the same time can join us.
Old 23rd June 2014, 23:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hi,

A small update from the Bangalore group who will be travelling. We have finally decided we will be starting from bangalore on the 15th of August and should be in Srinagar by 21st. So anybody else travelling during the same time can join us.

Hi,

Can you please post the detailed itinerary? I am also planning Leh during that time (15 Aug-1 Sep) and will be halting in Srinagar for the night on 20th (no site seeing-been there, done that), Sonmarg site seeing on 21st, planning to reach Leh on 22nd, rest day on 23rd and then usual Leh Circuits i.e. Nubra (24), Pangong (25), Tso Moriri (26) before returning to Mumbai via Sarchu (27), Manali (28), Delhi (29), Udaipur (30). Would like to be part of the group for Leh circuits and return journey to Mumbai and can modify the plan to suit the Group's requirements.

This is of course dependent on the better half being able to manage two weeks leave which is looking uncertain as the time is progressing :( If that doesn't work out, I would like to hitch a ride with you guys from Mumbai to Mumbai. Are there any vacant slots available in any of your vehicles? Also, please be my guest in Delhi and Mumbai if you are planning overnight halt there.

Thanks.
Old 24th June 2014, 20:58   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hi,

Hello could you P.M me the details.We (4 ppl) will be joining on a safari 2.2.Have you already made reservations? Sorry for the late info!
Old 24th June 2014, 22:21   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Hello could you P.M me the details.We (4 ppl) will be joining on a safari 2.2.Have you already made reservations? Sorry for the late info!
Hi nijelj,

I have PM'ed you the same.
Old 24th June 2014, 22:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Anyone who would like to join us for the drive, either as passenger in one of vehicle or on your own vehicle is welcome. We are open to add more like minded 'Live to Drive' guys in our convoy.

I am scheduled to leave 30th August from Delhi. We are 4 friends and in a Fortuner Automatic. If we cant leave together surely will catch up in Leh!

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 25th June 2014, 08:50   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
I am scheduled to leave 30th August from Delhi. We are 4 friends and in a Fortuner Automatic. If we cant leave together surely will catch up in Leh!

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Yes, we will meet. We are leaving on 28th eve from Delhi and extra night in Srinagar, will definitely meet up at Leh. Mostly will be staying at Jorchung Guest House. Look out for Tuscan Wine Punto with LTD on rear.
Old 25th June 2014, 17:08   #115

Hi Being Cynical..

You're absolutely right, a convoy will be more fun. We will be going in a convoy around the same time,

Please checkout
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terra...8913372?ref=hl

We'll soon be floating a 10 day super adventurous self drive expedition to Leh in August/September 2014 a well.

Thanks,
imagypsy
Old 26th June 2014, 02:21   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Just got back from the most amazing ladakh trip.

Trip was for 23 days and we visited pangong tso, nubra valley, Tso kar, Tso muriri.
We drove from Hyderabad to Leh via Srinagar and got back via manali.

If you need any information I will be glad to assist you.
Old 26th June 2014, 02:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey guys,

Trip was for 23 days and we visited pangong tso, nubra valley, Tso kar, Tso muriri.
We drove from Hyderabad to Leh via Srinagar and got back via manali.

If you need any information I will be glad to assist you.
Great to hear that. It you can update about the road conditions of the various roads u took. Manali leh, Tso morari and nubra-pangong. Am planning a trip after a couple of weeks and will be of immense help.
Old 26th June 2014, 09:28   #118
J.Ravi

Quote:
We drove from Hyderabad to Leh via Srinagar
Excellent. Did you go via Nagpur>Jhansi>Gwalior>Agra? Kindly update the road conditions from Hyderabad to Srinagar.

Old 26th June 2014, 09:47   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys,
Doc, thank you for sending me those images via WhatsApp. We are awaiting a detailed travelogue on your trip replete with all the snaps, expenses covered, routes taken, everything.

Please take all the time you want in the assy. line.
Old 27th June 2014, 22:06   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Excellent. Did you go via Nagpur>Jhansi>Gwalior>Agra? Kindly update the road conditions from Hyderabad to Srinagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Great to hear that. It you can update about the road conditions of the various roads u took. Manali leh, Tso morari and nubra-pangong. Am planning a trip after a couple of weeks and will be of immense help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Doc, thank you for sending me those images via WhatsApp. We are awaiting a detailed travelogue on your trip replete with all the snaps, expenses covered, routes taken, everything.

Please take all the time you want in the assy. line.

Hyderabad-Dhule-Bagru-Jaipur-Sardarsher-Jalandar-Amritsar-Patnitop-Srinagar-Sonamarg-Zoji la-Kargil-Lamayuru-Leh.

Leh-tanglang la -tsomoriri-tsokar-Leh.
Leh-khardhung la-diskit -hunder-turtuk - Leh.
Leh-pangong tso -leh

Leh-sarchu-baralacha la-keylong-rothang la-Manali-karnal-jhansi-sagar-nirmal- Hyderabad.

All directions were taken from HVK.
Attached Thumbnails
Meet & Drive to Leh (Aug - Sept 2014)?-img20140627wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th June 2014 at 22:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks