Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you a part of Mega Madness Part Deux
1) Yes I am in. 22 91.67%
2) No I can't. 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 20:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

iam in. Passive smoker-non drinker.who do we pay and when.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

My Daughter tells me the food and ambience is no good at ginseng! do we still have to pay 925pp? Please correct this opinion.
Mischief is a good option, Im told.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure whether I can be attending this one :(
Old 13th October 2007, 13:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
My Daughter tells me the food and ambience is no good at ginseng! do we still have to pay 925pp? Please correct this opinion.
The management has changed since the last one month. And according to people who have been there - there has been a drastic improvement in service and food.

You guys decide whatever suits you best. I am out .
Old 13th October 2007, 14:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The management has changed since the last one month. And according to people who have been there - there has been a drastic improvement in service and food.

You guys decide whatever suits you best. I am out .

Gautam what happened to you now??
Old 13th October 2007, 16:22   #66
Team-BHP Support

Thats correct NC, i'm told the place has a new manager since over a month now.
Have been to the place a couple of months back when the service was horrendous to say the least, and i could clearly see a good, very well done restaurant going down due to lack of management skills.

But i was there for dinner a few days back, and 11th night, and they have changed drastically.

Butttt, if there's later gonna be nitpicking about service, etc, i'll just take darling NC for a good meal some other time in all privacy.

About mischief, now that was an incredibly small room 10 years ago, wonder if they've changed since then.
I cudnt care much about where a group of friends was going, just thought ginseng would be appropriate.

manson.
Old 13th October 2007, 16:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Not trying to be rude but what's wrong with good, old Sea Lord?
Old 13th October 2007, 19:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Gautam what happened to you now??
Something has come up man. Lets see what happens - as of now it's unlikely that I might make it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

I would once again suggest a reconsideration of the good old Sea Lord!
Sam, Please help us Team bhpians decide!!
Old 15th October 2007, 11:13   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

See I'll be honest here.

These crazy meets have never been about the ambience or the food. It's been about having a private place to ourselves where guys can get together, drink and have some boisterous fun.
I don't give a rat's bum if it's sea lord or the Zodiac grill.

The only advantage we have with Sea Lord is the private room, staff that will not get shocked with our behavior and best of all - a facility of paying in advance and finally the pleasure of BYOB (Bring your OWN booze).
I do believe sea lord has upped its charge by 50 bucks or so, but I can find out.

I'll do everything -(charges, name tags the works) If everyone here gives me the nod and we can build a list. Like I said, it's about the gang, not about the place.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The only advantage we have with Sea Lord is the private room, staff that will not get shocked with our behavior and best of all - a facility of paying in advance and finally the pleasure of BYOB (Bring your OWN booze).
I do believe sea lord has upped its charge by 50 bucks or so, but I can find out.
Exactly & the convenience of it all is unparalleled. BYOB especially works very well as lots of people (including me) might not be comfortable with what is included on the fixed menu.

Plus, it's unbeatable value for money!

Quote:
I'll do everything -(charges, name tags the works) If everyone here gives me the nod and we can build a list. Like I said, it's about the gang, not about the place.
Play it again, Sam
Old 17th October 2007, 02:09   #72
BHPian

do i need to confirm now if 1 or 2 of my friends also decide to join in ?
Old 17th October 2007, 10:59   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

The glum silence on this thread and a few VIP phone calls I got indicate a preference for anything other than Sea Lord.
I am awfully busy over this week, but I promise to try and organise a new place.

Meanwhile, my humble request: Let's have a list of participants. This would make it easy for me to book.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The glum silence on this thread and a few VIP phone calls I got indicate a preference for anything other than Sea Lord.
I am awfully busy over this week, but I promise to try and organise a new place.

Meanwhile, my humble request: Let's have a list of participants. This would make it easy for me to book.
VIP ? Wow Sam !! you are doing nicely aren't you ?
Old 17th October 2007, 14:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Why are we stuck on Ginseng?!! Is bombay running out of places?

Quote:
See I'll be honest here.

These crazy meets have never been about the ambience or the food. It's been about having a private place to ourselves where guys can get together, drink and have some boisterous fun.
I don't give a rat's bum if it's sea lord or the Zodiac grill.
The only advantage we have with Sea Lord is the private room, staff that will not get shocked with our behavior and best of all - a facility of paying in
advance and finally the pleasure of BYOB (Bring your OWN booze).
I'snt what thats all about? C'mon guys. I 'm in whatever you guys decide. What my point was that if we go to another place only on hearsay and then those guys give us attitude, we'll all be stumped as we have been eagerly deciding this meet and its all about coming together and having fun. Dinner we can do anytime else, anywhere!!

Quote:
I dont mind anywhere Sam. Even Sealord is fine by me or any other place whichever is suitable to all.
Just a thought. There are so many places with a private dining room (read banquet halls) that will allow own booze and give you a flat rate per head.
The question is not whether what is cheaper, its the whole deal; The place, service and above all tolerance towards us, a loud and brash group!! Anyone try Copper chimney at worli. Should work out to 700/-ish per head i think. Think guys of any place with a small banquet hall, separate from the regular restaurant.

meanwhile....
.....Count me IN

@ Viper- Jiggz, which were the other places you had in mind??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks