Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which weekend is best for you for a Pondy drive/meet ?
Weekend of 9-10th August. 6 20.69%
Weekend of 30-31st August. 23 79.31%
Weekend of 6-7th September. 10 34.48%
Other dates (Please specify). 1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 20:28   #346
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME meet.

The guys from Bangalore who made it : Thanks, it was fun meeting you guys.

Ofcourse, as always, the highlight of the meet was how the "Korean Diesel" lusted / hated by many rocked and made a "custom" suzuki esteem eat dust! Its was fun to see the disappearing white image on my RVM!

Our local "kanakku pillai" SB did a wonderful job organising the meet. Am sure the rest will post pics, especially Nick@nite who just couldnt stop clicking..err roads!

Rest later. Cheers
Old 31st August 2008, 21:42   #347
Senior - BHPian

yeah cheers to kanakku pillai.. a very stressed out one at that
Old 31st August 2008, 21:54   #348
BHPian

Had a wonderful weekend Thanks a lot guys!!
Old 31st August 2008, 23:01   #349
Senior - BHPian

i guess i missed a big meet. sigh.

were you guys there at pondicherry beach on saturday evening around 8.15 to 9 near ajantha restaurant? i happened to pass that side and i was looking for any tbhipans rides, especially KA registered cars.
Old 31st August 2008, 23:10   #350
BHPian

Guys,

We are safe back in Bangy. It was very nice meeting the Chennai BHPians. Thanks Biju for organizing the whole thing. Will try and post picture tomorrow. Too tired to do it right now.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 31st August 2008, 23:14   #351

Great weekend! Thanks to everyone.. sorry we couldnt have a longer meet ..
Old 1st September 2008, 00:25   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Last out, last home. Just reached home after a wonderful weekend.

Biju, thank you !

Chennai guys, was good to meet you all. When do we do it again ?
Old 1st September 2008, 00:42   #353
BHPian

I was extremely happy to have met you, folks. a heartfelt thanks to all, for the participation. Thanks to all, everyone, ...

shekaran.
Old 1st September 2008, 09:19   #354
Senior - BHPian

A really awesome meet, with the highlights being :
1. Meeting the nice Blore tbhp-ians. Thanks for coming over folks and making this a success.

2. Beach, beer, booze, food. Need I say more ?

3. And last but not the least, discovering an amazing person from Cuddalore (20kms from Pondy), who has a business of operating transport buses (TVMS), does bus body building work and is amazingly creative - not just with automobiles (a Sumo that looks like a horse, an office made from a bus body, a vintage Jeep restored, a tricycle that is unique etc etc - the list goes on), but even in the way he has designed his home. That visit to his home/workshop and seeing his creations itself was worth the meet. Hats off to you Sir.

Pics and a detailed meet report follow after sometime. For now, leave you with this pic :
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-dsc01300.jpg
Old 1st September 2008, 10:21   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Pics and a detailed meet report follow after sometime. For now, leave you with this pic :
Attachment 44162
"Oru paanai sotruku Ore soru padam"

Waiting for more pics mates... Keep them coming.
Old 1st September 2008, 10:29   #356
Senior - BHPian

Ohh, the owner of TVMS came to the meet??

Sigh, guess i missed a bigger meet. i used to commute to college by his buses.
Old 1st September 2008, 10:35   #357
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to SB for taking the pains of organizing this meet . It is no joke taking care of planning and details like you did!

Except for me getting real drunk and sleeping in the loo (!!), the meet was fun. Lets organize a meet like this more often, but share the load of the organizing part!!!
Old 1st September 2008, 10:46   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
yeah cheers to kanakku pillai.. a very stressed out one at that
Cheers to you biju. I guessed you earned that bottle of smirnoff.

Thanks Vikram for a comfortable, rockin' ride in the CRDi. Felt real good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Except for me getting real drunk and sleeping in the loo (!!)

Last edited by esteem_lover : 1st September 2008 at 10:47.
Old 1st September 2008, 11:47   #359
Senior - BHPian

Meet report and pictures - Part 1

So, here comes the first part of the meet report and pics :

This Pondy Meet thread was created on 30thJuly and on 30th August (exactly 1 month later), we set out for the meet.

Friday night (29thAug) :
The weekly BYOB meet is on at header's pad and the usual crowd (headers, manek, nitrous, arka, arka's brother deep, neoranjit, nickatnite and me) was there.

Deep wanted to add a dash of fun and color to the Friday meet and hence brought along with him a topless beauty. Quite a stunning looker she was and grabbed the attention of all the men. Since we had to drive to Pondy next day, we decided to wind up early and called it quits at 12:30AM (yeah, that is early for Chennai bhp-ians).

Deep and neoranjit with the topless beauty.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-deepneoandtopless.jpg

Saturday 30th Aug :
I wake up at 7:30AM feeling hungover and tired. All I want to do is go back to sleep - Pondy trip be damned. But I also know that there is no way I can do that. So drag myself out of bed.

Get a call from condor. They have stopped for breakfast. Also, his cousin in Chennai wants to join the meet. Can we pick him up from TIDEL park ? No probs.

Call Ajo (who stays near my place) since I need a drop till TIDEL park from where I would be riding in nitrous' car. Ajo picks me up at 12PM and by 12:40 PM, we are at TIDEL (10mins late). All we see there is a parked Aveo parked and a couple of guys standing at the MRTS station.

One is Vijay, condor's cousin. And the other is Mahesh (mjothi) - turns out the Aveo is his. He is not coming for the meet, but just dropped in to meet the guys. It is 1PM, but no sign of anyone else. What is happening ?

Call up nitrous. "Saar, I am at Koyambedu - on the way". That is like 1 hour away in Saturday traffic.

Call up nick. "John will pick me up and then we go to header's place from where the 3 of us will come in the CRDi".

Call up John. Can hear his kids talking, which means he is still at home. "I am leaving to pick nick and then onto header's place".

Call up bottle. "I & my 2 friends are at header's place. As soon as nick and john are here, we all will leave in the CRDi and Palio1.6".

Great. So, this means it will take around an hour for all the guys to come to TIDEL. BTW, we did a good job of car-pooling. 11 people in 4 cars - almost 3 to a car. Not bad.

So, me, Ajo and Vijay decide to drive off. But hey, where is phoenix ?
Ajo had called him twice, but no answer. Finally on 3rd try he picks up. Looks like we just woke him up. He says he will be there ASAP.
Apparently after finishing work at 2AM on Sat, he partied with friends in the wee hours and hit the bed only to be woken up by us.

Anyway, by 1:30PM or so, he lands at TIDEL in an auto. Auto guys in Chennai are notorious for the fares they charge. But our man makes a lamb of even beasts and the auto guy leaves without taking any money from him. Yes, free transport from Besant Nagar to TIDEL. John is still surprised, how an auto guy can do that.

OK, so the 4 of us push off in the Alto. nitrous keeps calling "I am at Madhya Kailash". "Now reached Neelangaarai". "Wait for me at Toll gate" etc. So we wait before the toll gate, have a smoke and some soft drinks. But our guy in the stock Esteem takes more than 30 mins to be there - so some more time lost there.

Finally he arrives. I move to the Esteem, while Ajo, Vijay and Phoenix continue in the Alto. Ajo is one cautious driver- does not exceed 70kmph. I am sure he would have managed an FE of 20kmpl or more.

Ajo's Alto.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-ajosalto.jpg

But nitrous is itching to speed and zooms off into the distance. He limits himself to 120kmph though. He has a fancy tacho-pod on the dash with a shift light and oil pressure gauge. Have a look.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-tachoshiftlightoilpressurepod.jpg

We drive on and see an Ikon wrongly overtake a Santro at a curve, which pisses off the latter, who refuses to let the Ikon overtake after that. See how the Ikon is trying his best on the wrong side of the road.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-roadrage.jpg

The tree line roads. Really nice.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-treelinedroads.jpg

Miles to go before I drink. Sigh.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-milestogo.jpg

There goes the candyman.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-candyman.jpg

Adding color to the East Coast Road.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-addingcolortotheroad.jpg

We have left Ajo far behind and the CRDi or Palio1.6 are not to be seen for miles behind. I suggest we take a short ciggie and leak break and wait for the guys to catch up. There is no shade on the left side of the road, so nitrous moves to the right side and parks. I open the door and immediately a silver CRDi and black Palio scream past us, almost taking with them the door of the Esteem.

I know what will follow now. At the resort meet and at each of our weekly meets for years to come, vikram will rub it in how his Korean car creamed a nitrous' track Esteem, a Suzuki at that.

Anyway, we abandon the break plan and take off after the speeding-duo and against the planned 3PM, we reach the resort at 3:40PM or so. We can see all the KA cars there.

VJ_Mavrick's Alto and khan_sultan's Palio S10
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-bangysteeds1.jpg

Bangy Elantra-1 and condor's Sumo.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-bangysteeds2.jpg

PatchyBoy's Palio 1.1 (the KA Santro was not part of the Bangy gang).
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-bangysteeds3.jpg

Chennai annas John, headers and nitrous
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-chennaiboys.jpg

bottle, saiyan and vince
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-bottleandfriends.jpg

The custom track Esteem.
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-customtrackesteem.jpg
Next part of the meet and pics to follow later.
Old 1st September 2008, 12:09   #360
BHPian

Biju,

Nice pictures. Keep them coming. BTW, the picture posted is Bottle's 1.6, not mine.

Cheers,

Rajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks