Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:42   #61
Team-BHP Support

Great! The first meet hardly finishes and you guys are already planning the next one? So where is the poll this time? Or is it still in a very fluid state to put up a poll for venue?
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Mondarmoni approach is bad I've heard.
The road from Chaulkhola to Mondarmoni is rock-ridden and an absolute menace for low GC cars.Only Razor's truck would be comfortable on that.

Quote:
The baganbari plan looks good. The friendly forum doctor says that the maatals among us should stay there overnight and indulge in maatlamo. So, if the meet is on a Sunday, the maatals reach on Saturday evening and get drunk.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 3rd November 2008 at 00:50.
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
1 day trip to and back from Maithon is too hectic IMHO.
Besides, it also is a pointless exercise. If you go to Maithon, its pointless to come back the same day without indulging in the night stay at Majumdar Niwas. The early morning calm is to be enjoyed there. Speaking of which, we also have Messenjore. The last few kms to the Dam being fantastic for enjoying your machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
The road from Chaulkhola to Mondarmoni is rock-ridden and an absolute menace for low GC cars.Only Razor's truck would be comfortable on that.
When I was away, my Ikon went there to celebrate my absence. @Planet was the one to report it to me. The issue it encountered was that of the ignition coil going kaput, nothing on the suspension area.

Last edited by 1100D : 3rd November 2008 at 01:02.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:42   #64
BHPian

I'm in for this.

Mython sounds good.
Massanjore is better.
and Bankura River is the best picnic spot during winter. (Only if we can get a camp fire going at night, it will be a bliss)

MukutManipur and Jhimili is the ultimate Bliss.

there are other places, but due to Maoist infestation its better not to Discuss the those spots.
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
@ KD - Don't worry mate. Whenever you come down, we'll arrange a meet.
Thanks a ton ShuvD,
will be looking forward the drive cum picnic meet.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Besides, it also is a pointless exercise. If you go to Maithon, its pointless to come back the same day without indulging in the night stay at Majumdar Niwas. The early morning calm is to be enjoyed there. Speaking of which, we also have Messenjore. The last few kms to the Dam being fantastic for enjoying your machines.
Maithon or messenjore or even mukutmanipur would be a one night stay trip,as per the general consensus.We can do that in December if all agrees.

But the baganbari meet,which is being planned for november,needs the date to be finalised guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
When I was away, my Ikon went there to celebrate my absence. @Planet was the one to report it to me. The issue it encountered was that of the ignition coil going kaput, nothing on the suspension area.
I seriously doubt that the ignition coil going kaput had anything to do with the bad roads leading to Mondarmoni! Your car has been lucky Anirban as because quite a few Sumos and Qualises have been reported whose belly has been scratched by bad roads on that stretch,obviously with full load.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the baganbari meet,which is being planned for november,needs the date to be finalised guys.
how about the 22nd / 23rd of November 2008? if all agrees - we can finalize the date.

Quote:
as because quite a few Sumos and Qualises have been reported whose belly has been scratched by bad roads on that stretch,obviously with full load.
Suspension Problem / seriously overload must have caused this - i think they bumped the rear differential. i have seen m800s to civics/lauras taking the road with ease - except the 3 bumps - the gaddas can easily be avoided by an average driver.

how did the Vrooooooom Baleno fare on that stretch?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 3rd November 2008 at 19:16.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
how about the 22nd / 23rd of November 2008? if all agrees - we can finalize the date.
Planet saab,I think isse lock kar diya jai !

Quote:
Suspension Problem / seriously overload must have caused this - i think they bumped the rear differential. i have seen m800s to civics/lauras taking the road with ease -
Usually the driver driven cars have problems with their suspensions for the obvious reasons.Majority of Sumos and Qualises on this road are 'for hire' car and with non-existent maintenance schedule.What you say maybe true for these badly maintained cars.
But my sister and her family has gone thrice to Mondarmoni in the last 12 months(every time they have stayed at the Sana beach resort,even the same room!),once on their Innova and once on their Santro and last time on their Logan,but she said that the Logan's belly was scratched whereas Santro's wasn't ! Might be there was some road repair works earlier.Will confirm with her tomorrow.

@vrooooooom: Some inputs about your Mandarmoni visit and road condition is required here boss.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 4th November 2008 at 00:04.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:41   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Suspension Problem / seriously overload must have caused this - i think they bumped the rear differential. i have seen m800s to civics/lauras taking the road with ease - except the 3 bumps - the gaddas can easily be avoided by an average driver.

Even my Baleno went there and came back without a scratch in the underbelly. But it was not fully loaded and I drove with extreme caution. But I really enjoyed the road when I took my Jeeppa there a few days before leaving Kolkata ... heres a link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...andarmoni.html

Last edited by BlackPearl : 4th November 2008 at 00:43.
Old 4th November 2008, 01:16   #70
Team-BHP Support

another travelogue on Mandarmani posted by Saurabh http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ate-beach.html
Old 4th November 2008, 11:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
November 22 OK, November 23 Not OK.

It's my father's 89th birthday, and he's invited a large number of relatives whom he hasn't met for ages. Sort of saying goodbye formally.

November 24 and 25 also Not OK, unfortunately.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:09   #72
BHPian

where is it finally.
Mandarmoni
Old 4th November 2008, 12:09   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
Sort of saying goodbye formally.
ROLFMAO ... just too much.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Went to Mandarmoni a couple of months ago. The approach road from Chaulkhola, as reported is in bad shape. vr7om's Baleno had a tough time negotiating the bumps and craters. My Scorp was kind of a pilot car for him . I crossed the bumps, he gauged the depth and complexity, and approached them accordingly. It was just him and one passenger in the car (the rest had bundled into the Scorp!), and there were times when he asked his co-passenger to get out and help him negotiate the bumps, and also reduce the weight on the suspension! It took a long time and was a nerve racking experience for him. Although he did make up for it by going crazy on the beach
But given the state of the road currently, it is best avoided if your car is low.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Razor (Truck Driver Singh) - So, if we are going to Mandarmoni, I call shotgun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks