Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 00:14   #121

I am confirmed. I guess i have 3-4 friends who will be joining team-bhp so will confirm about them soon. 3 lancers, a swift and a wagon R
Old 7th November 2008, 02:53   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Is bonobashi available on 23rd? Guess he said 22nd was fine with him,but next day he won't be available.
Since it's finally on the 23rd, I'll have to wait to see the pictures.

Have fun, guys.
Old 7th November 2008, 06:39   #123
Senior - BHPian

I will miss bonobashi. Is there absolutely no way for you sir to make it? Regarding food - I am all for keeping it simple, like just mangsho bhaat (something alternate to mangsho for the veggies like baby corn etc - I have no clue) and "bring your own breakfast and booze". This keeps things simple. Kebab stall and all will require a full time caterer.
Old 7th November 2008, 13:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
There is an updated 'attendee' list on gmail. Quite a few drop-outs are happening.
Had a talk with Xeta. Guys please check out the list.
Guys, could we have a confirmation on the forum about the meet.
I'll be coming alone. Wife will not be able to come.

1. fatal3rror
2. Ultimatechamp + 1
3. Planet +1
4. shuvd + daru
5. vro(7)m
6. 1100D + 1.5
7. bonobashi + ??
8. Razor Singh Truckwala + ??
9. XetaGLGrocks - Confirmed
10. toiingg
11. krazydriver84
12. Sudipto-S-Team + 1.5
13. Shuvc + 1.5 (??) - 50:50
14. Ronk
15. Joseph
16. Nikunj - 50:50
17. wimwian?
Old 7th November 2008, 14:02   #125
BHPian

Quote:
There is an updated 'attendee' list on gmail. Quite a few drop-outs are happening.
Had a talk with Xeta. Guys please check out the list.

I think its high time to decide on the budget and start collecting the money.
Daktar Babu, can you please let us know what's the per head contribution amount.

It'll be better if you can also mention an account number and the IFSC code attached to the branch so that we can transfer the money there.

If anyones bringing in friends, please make sure that their contribution is covered.

The collection should end strictly by the 15th of November.

That way it is easier for UC to get a headcount and arrange for the caterer or cook, whichever way it goes.

And FYI please, if there are any last minute cancellations, the contribution will not be refunded, , we will consider the amount to be convenience charge and forfeit it.

Guys lets buckle up and finish the initial formalities. We'll definitely have a great meet.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:19   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post

And FYI please, if there are any last minute cancellations, the contribution will not be refunded, , we will consider the amount to be convenience charge and forfeit it.
HEAR HEAR!!!cheers:

Actually, that amount would be used for that evening's sharab, kebabs and
Old 7th November 2008, 16:06   #127
BHPian

Shuvd,

i'll be there with a chevy aveo 1.4 ls.

PC
Old 7th November 2008, 17:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
(Dr. saab - can we have a rough estimate? - but IMO 250-300/- should be enough since booz expenses are excluded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
If the price per head goes up by 200 - 300 if we get the kebab stall, im sure it won't be much of an issue. How much are they quoting for the kebabs ?
toiingg ji, Planet has mentioned 250 to 300 per head roughly,whereas you are suggesting that 'price per head goes up by 200 - 300'!! Think it over boss,as I told before,everything and anything is possible,but at a price.
Delhi guys had a kebab stall no doubt,but at that meet, head count was 68,we haven't yet reached half that figure!
But don't loose hope,am in constant touch with caterer guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Also, regarding the booze, spirits etc can be BYOB, but beer, soft drinks n fruit juice (and soda) needs to be chilled na, would it be possible to take the money (depending on how many would be having beer) in advance and but the stuff and keep it in a fridge a day before ?
Fridge won't be an issue,except bloody power-cuts which are common there.There is a diesel generator,but its used for people,won't be probably for the fridge.If the previous night rendezvous is on (shuvd,please confirm !),then the 'beer, soft drinks n fruit juice (and soda)' like you said can be stored beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I will miss bonobashi. Is there absolutely no way for you sir to make it? Regarding food - I am all for keeping it simple, like just mangsho bhaat (something alternate to mangsho for the veggies like baby corn etc - I have no clue) and "bring your own breakfast and booze". This keeps things simple. Kebab stall and all will require a full time caterer.
We all will miss bonobashi.We will be glad if he can make it for 1-2 hours even.
Regarding food,in all probabilities it will be a simple affair just like any picnic.Exotic menu can be ordered,but by 12th that has to be final.

Full time caterer its going to be in any case.The cook can at best handle 10-15 heads,more than that,he won't be able to handle.Plus there is ease of service including serving drinks and refreshments (read fish finger/fish orly/chicken kebabs/chips and chanachur/fried baby corn)
Old 7th November 2008, 18:46   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I think its high time to decide on the budget and start collecting the money.
Daktar Babu, can you please let us know what's the per head contribution amount.
Normal picnic-type menu,250-275/- per head,cold drinks and everything,etc separate.

Quote:
It'll be better if you can also mention an account number and the IFSC code attached to the branch so that we can transfer the money there.
This I will provide later,if its convenient for everybody.

Quote:
If anyones bringing in friends, please make sure that their contribution is covered.
The collection should end strictly by the 15th of November.
That way it is easier for UC to get a headcount and arrange for the caterer or cook, whichever way it goes.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:25   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Delhi guys had a kebab stall no doubt,but at that meet, head count was 68,we haven't yet reached half that figure!
But don't loose hope,am in constant touch with caterer guys!

We all will miss bonobashi.We will be glad if he can make it for 1-2 hours even.
Why do I get this sudden, hair-raising premonition that you guys not only want a kebab stall, but also an Aunt Sally stall?

FWIW, and don't start retracting/denying your expressions of regret, my father suddenly caught fright at being faced with a sea of adoring relatives all wishing him many happy returns, cancelled the party, and is looking and feeling much better!

So I am available on the 23rd after all.

Did I ever mention that Coleridge is one of my favourite poets?

<thinks grimly: now let's see them set yet another date - they aren't going to shake me off so easily>
Old 8th November 2008, 09:26   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
FWIW, and don't start retracting/denying your expressions of regret, my father suddenly caught fright at being faced with a sea of adoring relatives all wishing him many happy returns, cancelled the party, and is looking and feeling much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
So I am available on the 23rd after all.
That's great news. Looking forward to meeting you again!

I'm still not sure of my Raipur trip dates, but as of now it looks like I might make it to the Daktar's Baganbari. Status (as usual) - 50:50.

How about a game of cricket at the meet? It's been ages since I last had the opportunity of indulging in one...

Wim
Old 8th November 2008, 12:02   #132
BHPian

Updated List:
1. fatal3rror
2. Ultimatechamp + 1
3. Planet +1
4. shuvd + daru
5. vro(7)m
6. 1100D + 1.5
7. bonobashi + ??
8. Razor Singh Truckwala + ??
9. XetaGLGrocks - Confirmed
10. toiingg
11. krazydriver84
12. Sudipto-S-Team + 1.5
14. Ronk
15. Joseph
17. wimwian - 50:50
18. premjit + ??

Wow! I am sure this is one of the most well-planned and deliberated meets ever! 23rd seems too far away now! BYOBB (Booze + Breakfast) sounds good to me. And a kebab stall is too attractive to ignore. I am ok with the extra costs involved. The others can let in their opinions!
Old 8th November 2008, 15:00   #133
BHPian

Updated list:

1. fatal3rror = 1 Confirmed
2. Ultimatechamp = 1 Confirmed
3. Planet +1 = 2 Confirmed
4. shuvd + daru = 1 Confirmed
5. vro(7)m = 1 Confirmed
6. 1100D + 1.5 = 1.5 Confirmed
7. bonobashi = 1 Confirmed
8. Razor Singh Truckwala + ?? = 1 Confirmed
9. XetaGLGrocks = 1 Confirmed
10. toiingg = 1 Confirmed
11. krazydriver84 = 1 Confirmed
12. Sudipto-S-Team + 1.5 = 1.5 Confirmed

14. Ronk = 1 Confirmed
15. Joseph = 1 Confirmed
17. wimwian - 50:50
18. premjit + ?? = 1 Confirmed
19. Raj roadie + ?? = 1 Confirmed

So the head count is 21 confirmed plus 3 kids(Sudipto S-team,Shuvc and 1100D).Nikunj,Wimwian and shuvc are still 50:50.hope you guys be able to confirm by 15th.Razor has confirmed himself,if he brings friends,he will let us know.
I have written confirmed besides the names,but it will be real nice of you guys,if you really do confirm your attendance like Xeta has on his own.

*Attention me_sid : Please confirm your attendance.

PS: I myself may get two guests,actually the owners of the baganbari--my sis and her husband.they are 1.5 as well.My Contact number is in the gmail kolkata members list.Please feel free to ring me to confirm your attendance so I can give the caterer a clear head count,so he can give a rough estimate regarding food.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 8th November 2008 at 15:08.
Old 8th November 2008, 16:12   #134
BHPian

me_sid + side car confirmed provided Doc confirms his luggage, and secondly, daktar don't "bang" your head on the wall, there's a better alternative aint it? ebaar amay . And indrajitda, glad to know that u would be coming.
Old 8th November 2008, 17:00   #135
Senior - BHPian

12. Sudipto-S-Team + 1.5 = 1.5 Confirmed

This should be = 2.5 ? No?
When, where and how much do I pay?
Hadn's noticed earlier that BB is confirmed now. That will be great. And I shall be much obliged to offer you a lift sir, if your regular "liftman" wimwian is absent on that day.
Sudipto

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 8th November 2008 at 17:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks