Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 11:48   #241
BHPian

Have fun everyone ! I hope to catch up with the Kolkata gang when I am in India late next month. Another lancer just joined the kolkata group
Old 20th November 2008, 16:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
A #@$#@ Taxi driver driving a yellow ambi without proper brakes hit my "baby" yesterday at a traffic signal in front of Birla Hospital close on Ekbalpur Road. I was waiting for the signal to turn green and Bamb !!!! The bumper broke :( I still can't believe this. I did not move the car and asked a sergeant to check it out. He asked me to take down the car number and give a MCR to a close by police station. On reaching the police station I was politely asked to leave the car in the police station till their so called mechanic can check the damage and release the car. @#!@#@. I went out without reporting a MCR (Motor Collision Report).

Lesson learnt : When something like this happens negotiate with the other party then and there itself else it is no use running and going the legal way to get things fixed. Unfortunately, now I have to pay 50% of the cost of recovery as it is a fibre part.

I have given it to the service station today morning and have been promised a Saturday delivery. Hope they do not disappoint me else my Sunday Picnic goes for a toss and 4 other people are going to kill me.
I hope it's 'all right by the night'.

Did I mention my cousin will be in a Tavera? Don't want to commit him without his consent, but in case of emergency..
Old 20th November 2008, 16:39   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
@ bonobashi - Thanks a ton,I only like Luciano Pavarotti though

Oh dear! Can't get it sung by Pavarotti - it's a bass part. It's sung by Dr. Bartolo, you see. The tenor in Barber is the Count. Even Figaro is Baritone.
Old 20th November 2008, 19:29   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
Oh dear! Can't get it sung by Pavarotti - it's a bass part. It's sung by Dr. Bartolo, you see. The tenor in Barber is the Count. Even Figaro is Baritone.

Jokes apart.See you tomorrow dada .

Attention all members and wannabe members :

This to inform everybody whoever wants to tag along on Sunday that this is supposed to be a well planned Picnic,the planning being on for ages.So I would desist any member to bring in any guest who are not prepared to pay or attend the Picnic in full. There is no second option to that. Period.

Also,the responsibility of the guests and their actions lies with the respective members who brings them.Thanks.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:53   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Autokraft, the guys who do Maruti and Mercs. Recently one of my cousin's car had a similar hit and these guys did a pretty good job. It is in Parnashree.
Cherian - that guys a thief I tell you. Make sure you are clever while dealing with him or he will rip you off. He would close a deal with the surveyor and make bloated bills half of which you will have to shell out of your pocket. If I were you I would have driven further to Machino Techno Service Center opposite Nature Park, Pahapur and given my car to Mr. Auddy - works manager at the shop.

Just my charana...
Old 20th November 2008, 23:03   #246
BHPian

sabret00the

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Cherian - that guys a thief I tell you.
Too late :(

Hope he does not rip me off !!
Old 21st November 2008, 00:11   #247
BHPian

Who all are taking the Belghoria express way route? Right now we have 4.
1> ShuvC
2> Hamlet
3> Turn Me On (a.k.a. Fatal Error)
4> Yours Truly.
Anyone else????
@ShuvC: How long its gonna take from Halidram's VIP to the picnic spot/meeting point on the Highway?
Old 21st November 2008, 10:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Who all are taking the Belghoria express way route? Right now we have 4.
1> ShuvC
2> Hamlet
3> Turn Me On (a.k.a. Fatal Error)
4> Yours Truly.
Anyone else????
@ShuvC: How long its gonna take from Halidram's VIP to the picnic spot/meeting point on the Highway?
Where and when do we meet up? I think the turn off for the Belgorhia expressway from Jessore Road should be ideal for us to meet up. What say?
Old 21st November 2008, 13:40   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, now I have to pay 50% of the cost of recovery as it is a fibre part.
Sorry to hear about your accident.
When making an insurance claim, one has to think of loss of no claim bonus (if it is the 1st claim for the year), payment of Rs 500 for making the claim, part payment for some of the replaced components & extra delay in getting back the vehicle due to insurance formalities.
It usually helps in the decision-making process (whether you should claim insurance or not), if you take quotes from the authorized service center as well as your friendly neighborhood non-authorized garage, telling them that you are not going to claim insurance.
Most times, unless it is a huge accident, you end up spending less by not making the claim.
But here's hoping the car is repaired to your satisfaction & delivered in time.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:56   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
No clue. Mebbe 30 mins ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Where and when do we meet up? I think the turn off for the Belgorhia expressway from Jessore Road should be ideal for us to meet up. What say?
Or mebbe in front of Windsor Honda.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:45   #251
Senior - BHPian

You could meet where we met before driving to Santiniketan - the service lane in front of the Reebok store - you need to take a U turn on the left after getting off the Haldiram flyover. You won't have to deal with buses stopping next to you and the usual VIP road traffic.

Am undecided whether to take Kona or Belghoria. Will make up my mind & let you know before Sunday.

Last edited by razor4077 : 21st November 2008 at 15:46.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:11   #252
Senior - BHPian

hi Folks, I will be travelling to Kolkatta for the first time ever on Monday 24th, and will be staying at the Park. I have day long meeting that end at 6 pm and then a call starting at 11. so if any bhpians want, we can meet up for drinks/dinner between 6 and 11.

i can be reached on 0 9966 235949 in case anyone is interested
Old 21st November 2008, 16:14   #253
Senior - BHPian

@ HG - it is KOLKATA, not kolkatta will definitely let you know if the regular PARKers are game for a mini meet @ Park.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:31   #254
Senior - BHPian

@Planet- I stand corrected Sir

I got a call from Shuvd as well. so am hoping to meet some of the Kolkata gang @ the Park on 24th eve.
Old 21st November 2008, 23:09   #255
BHPian

Current updated confirmed list :

1. fatal3rror + 1 = 2 Confirmed **
2. Ultimatechamp + 2.5 = 3.5 Confirmed ** (+2 my sis & bro-in-law)
3. Planet + 1 = 2 Confirmed **
4. shuvd + daru = 1 Confirmed **
5. vro(7)m = 1 Confirmed **
6. bonobashi + 2 = 3 Confirmed **
7. Razor Singh Truckwala= 1 Confirmed **
8. XetaGLGrocks = 1 Confirmed **
9. toiingg = 1 Confirmed **
10. krazydriver84 = 1 Confirmed (?) (No response yet!)
11. SudiptoSTeam + 1.5 = 2.5 Confirmed * (Meeting me 2morrow)
12. Shuvc = 1 Confirmed **
13. Ronk = 1 Confirmed **
14. NOS P = 1 Confirmed **
15. Hamlet = 1 Confirmed ** (? 50:50)
16. premjit = 1 Confirmed **
17. Raj roadie = 1 Confirmed (?) (No response yet!)
18. me_sid + 1 = 2 Confirmed ** (Yet to transfer to me including ronk's!)
19. dip27in = 1 Confirmed **
20. Abhisheksircar + 4 = 5 Confirmed **
21. sabret00the = 1 Confirmed **
22. Rajarshi = 1 Confirmed **

Total number of fully confirmed heads till now 34!

PS :I had to add a few words in the above list for clarity,as because the caterer comes for final payment tomorrow morning.I would be keeping only Rs.1000/ on Sunday for payment towards bakshish + decorator charges (400+600). Day after tomorrow is D-Day and I would be happy if all collections and confirmations end by tomorrow afternoon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks