Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 13:51   #181
BHPian

Kona is in a bad shape. I would prefer Belghoria Express way though its a longer route.

In between, any plans for playing some games. Since, its a picnic, can we plan for some games at the spot like Cricket, Housie etc.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:00   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I think this makes sense. But what's the Baganbari address/direction? Does it make sense to have an advance party to reach there?
Baganbari map is being done.I will request shuvd to upload it as soon as I pass it on.Sorry don't have a scanner.
The route directions are pretty simple.I will make a separate post to give directions,elaborately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I am in !! Meet you all on 23rd.
Hurray for Abhishek! +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Amazing organization skills, I must say! Kudos to you UC!

I know it might be a little late but a friend wants to join in. Though not a TBhpian yet, he is a fellow Illusion and GZ listener (thanks to me!) and an avid Cedia driver! Not a problem if it's too late!
Thanks a lot Fatal.
No problemo,like shuvd said,more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Kona is in a bad shape. I would prefer Belghoria Express way though its a longer route.

Thank God vro(7)m has replied! Thought for a bit, that he has lost track of this thread.
Its true,but in pockets! I have recently traversed it.
The Kona approach just beyong 2nd Hooghly Bridge is bad,with cars going in a streamline on the extreme left for about 500 mtrs.After the first crossing,the road becomes pretty ok.Near the Santragachi railway station,the expressway on the right is again littered with potholes,but no major craters or bad bumps.Cars again do a streamline on the left.The small bridge beyond the Domjur crossing (near the Unitech development area) is in a bad way,but cautious and slow driving won't cause any major worries.Beyond that,its smooth and nice entry taking the left hand side approach to Bombay Road(GQ).Bombay road is itself ok.There will be two major crossings on way to baganbari on the Bombay road--the Alampur crossing where Andul road meets on the left,and next is the Dhulagor crossing.We would take a right hand turn from Dhulagor crossing,exiting GQ. This road is metalled and although there are few minor bad patches and few bumps (not huge),the road itself is narrow.But again saying that,daily trekkers filled to their brim with commuters and minibuses ply on this road,and apart from my Estilo,I have seen a Swift,a Indigo and couple of Santros regularly plying.From Dhulagor crossing,we take right,as I said,and baganbari will be just 3 kilometres!
This pretty much sums up the road conditions.Kona expressway,while coming bad is not that bad,apart from few bad patches here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
In between, any plans for playing some games. Since, its a picnic, can we plan for some games at the spot like Cricket, Housie etc.
Swimming would be free!There is a Ludo board somewhere IIRC! All other kinds of physical activity has to be priorly arranged and taken along from here,shuvd You listening?
Old 17th November 2008, 17:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Can't recall if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread - anyway.

I say, should we not invite the Landlord - UC's jamaibabu(?) and family to the picnic? I mean, they've been so gracious in letting us use the premises FOC. The least we could do is invite them over and convert them to BHPians !!

By 'invite' I also imply that we cover their per head cost.
Old 17th November 2008, 19:07   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Can't recall if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread - anyway.

I say, should we not invite the Landlord - UC's jamaibabu(?) and family to the picnic? I mean, they've been so gracious in letting us use the premises FOC. The least we could do is invite them over and convert them to BHPians !!

By 'invite' I also imply that we cover their per head cost.
Thanks Dada
for the kind consideration.I had discussed this earlier with shuvd and me_sid.They are of the same opinion.
My jamaibabu is two years my junior,and his family consist of my sis and their 3 year old pocket-terminator!
That means +2.5! They have a biyebari that day,and probably would only attend for a bit.
Converting them to BHPians is something which I have planned as well,and this will be a nice way to show them how our meets are like!!
Old 17th November 2008, 21:40   #185
BHPian

Update time for 23rd November Baganbari Picnic !!

After prolonged calculations (including permutations and combinations with the menu),the final figure for contribution has been arrived at.

Per head contribution is Rs.475 /-

The entire cost has been calculated based on 30 confirmed heads.As has been told before,I will pay the caterer an advance by Wednesday evening.So all members are requested to arrange for payment by Wednesday (19th,Nov) morning latest.

I will pm all confirmed attendees tonight, the account number and IFSC Code so that contributions can pour in upfront. Shuvd will collect locally,and Razor is requested to manage Sector V. Members who live a bit far,can do the money transfer.

We would not collect any money on the day of the Picnic to avoid any hassles,except from absolutely new unconfirmed attendees who turn up at the venue.

Sincerely hope guys,our 1st attempt at a Team-BHP Picnic is a resounding success! Buckle up members and start revving...!!
Attached Images

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 17th November 2008 at 21:42.
Old 18th November 2008, 01:03   #186
BHPian

I'll be getting the labels to write our names and stick em up so we can know who's who.
Also, i have managed 2 ice buckets. We will need to make arrangements for the ice (not the ones with wires) though. UC can this be arranged ?
Guys, who'd be drinking beer, you guys can bring it along with you and then we can store it in the ice buckets to keep them chilled.

Shuvd, we need to meet today so I can give you my contribution.

Last edited by toiingg : 18th November 2008 at 01:09.
Old 18th November 2008, 08:55   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
I'll be getting the labels to write our names and stick em up so we can know who's who.
Also, i have managed 2 ice buckets. We will need to make arrangements for the ice (not the ones with wires) though. UC can this be arranged ?
Guys, who'd be drinking beer, you guys can bring it along with you and then we can store it in the ice buckets to keep them chilled.
Thats the problem Sarvagya ji !
There is a small fridge at the baganbari,which has only 4 ice trays (the usual size).It won't last that long the way we usually need ice.The ice box which I was arranging was coming at Rs 100 per box with Rs 400 worth of ice thrown in.One filled-up ice box was costing us Rs 500,divided by 30 = Rs 17 per head ! Now I have cancelled it.

@ronk - You need to confirm your guest by today.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:10   #188
BHPian

Sarvagya,
The only way is to take the bottles as they are and then put them in the fridge at the baganbari as soon as we get there.

Now that we have a confirmed list as to who's in and who's out, can we have a confirmation from all as to the routes they will be taking. We can avoid in car calls while driving at 100+. Keep in mind we cannot expect Kona to be better by the time we hit that road.

Cheers to UC
Old 18th November 2008, 11:06   #189
BHPian

Im on it. will manage something.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:19   #190
BHPian

Current updated confirmed list :

1. fatal3rror + 1 = 2 Confirmed *
2. Ultimatechamp + (?)3.5 = 3 Confirmed *
3. Planet + 1 = 2 Confirmed *
4. shuvd + daru = 1 Confirmed *
5. vro(7)m = 1 Confirmed *
6. bonobashi + 2 = 3 Confirmed *
7. Razor Singh Truckwala= 1 Confirmed *
8. XetaGLGrocks = 1 Confirmed *
9. toiingg = 1 Confirmed *
10. krazydriver84 = 1 Confirmed *
11. Sudipto-S-Team + 1.5 = 2.5 Confirmed *
12. Shuvc = 1 Confirmed *
13. Ronk + (?)1 = 1 Confirmed *
14. NOS P = 1 Confirmed *
15. Hamlet = 1 Confirmed *
16. premjit = 1 Confirmed *
17. Raj roadie + (?) = 1 Confirmed *
18. me_sid + 1 = 2 Confirmed *
19. dip27in + 1 = 2 Confirmed *
20. ace6120 = 1 Confirmed *
21. Abhisheksircar + 1 = 2 Confirmed *
22. sabret00the = 1 Confirmed *

Head count is as of now 34 with 32.5 confirmed !

Am trying my level best to put up a Google map here,originating at Second Hooghly Bridge and terminating at Dhulagor baganbari.

from: Vidyasagar Setu to: 22.591091, 88.165948 - Google Maps

from: Vidyasagar Setu to: 22.591091, 88.165948 - Google Maps

PS: If the above links/maps be difficult to comprehend,I will finish the paper map and scan and upload it via shuvd.

@ NOS : Thanks Joseph

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 18th November 2008 at 11:20.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:14   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Sincerely hope guys,our 1st attempt at a Team-BHP Picnic is a resounding success! Buckle up members and start revving...!!
With the kind of meticulous planning that has gone into it, I am sure the picnic will be a resounding success. My wife loves picnics, so we are really sorry for missing out.
My best wishes to all of you. Do take lots of pictures & post them here.
nura.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:18   #192
BHPian

This will be a common meeting point. Guys coming from Bally, Vidyasagar Setu .. everybody.

We need to be here latest by 9.15 AM. So we can leave together. This way nobody gets lost (or if we DO get lost, least we will be together.. lol so it will be easier for the Doctor to come bail us out).

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-map.jpg

This is the linky to the map where we need to assemble. (Once the map opens, you need to click on 'satellite' on the top right corner for this image to come)

Last edited by toiingg : 18th November 2008 at 12:22.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:03   #193
Senior - BHPian

Who are the "cheap guests"?

Ishaan bhaiya from bhaiyaland @ mumbai kya? @ boozy - is he coming?
Old 18th November 2008, 13:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

Nope, Ishan isn't coming for this meet.

Also spoke to Neil Law - he will not be able to make it for this one.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:47   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Thank God vro(7)m has replied! Thought for a bit, that he has lost track of this thread.
Actually I forgot that I have team-bhp id. I was replying through gmail.

@Daktar babu: I am sure you will shine as a event manager as well. So you know now that you can have a side business as well apart from breaking bones ..oops sorry joining bones

Awesome preperation man. Really looking forward to it.

Anyone going via Belghoria express way. Are we having a "jhund banao" zone inside the city?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks