Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.

Folks,

Quite some time i am not seeing a bangalore BHPian meet. Lot of newbies, lot of new cars, long driving, what is missing is a team meet. I feel a community or a forum would be more content when fellow members know each other.

And imagine such an event, well I presume will certainly gather a sizable number of members, will also help in brand building of T-BHP.

So what are you waiting for Bangaloreans ? Please raise your hands and let's have a gala T-BHP event.

Mods - not sure if guests are allowed in such meeting. Please suggest.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

DigitalDragon, moderators have no control over meets, their power is limited to the online forum.

Normally some members take up the responsibility of organizing the meet. You could be that person.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Even I had raised this question but no one came forward. This is a good thread to start and bring all bangalore BHPians at one place. When many other places are doing it why not Bangaloreans. Senior members and moderators should send out a request and fix the date, place and time so that everyone can meet. I feel rather than moderators some senior member from banaglore can call for the meet. Fix up a time gap of 1 month and call the guys
Old 13th November 2009, 12:16   #4
BHPian

Thanks Samurai for the heads-up.

Only concern is, members and would-be-members should reach out to this thread.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:20   #5
BHPian

Vintage Cars shine in rallies. Why not ours?

A group of stickered cars driving well mannered, following lanes and signals and rules on a lazy day would also serve to get a message across about team-bhp. Of course this must not hamper other road users. Maybe this can happen on a public holiday. Any ideas?
Old 13th November 2009, 12:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Even I had raised this question but no one came forward. This is a good thread to start and bring all bangalore BHPians at one place. When many other places are doing it why not Bangaloreans. Senior members and moderators should send out a request and fix the date, place and time so that everyone can meet. I feel rather than moderators some senior member from banaglore can call for the meet. Fix up a time gap of 1 month and call the guys
Shishir,
Good to see your reply. Even though I feel the same that mods and sr. members could take an initiative of this gatherings, its not a bad idea to take up the responsibility for making it happen. Quite a few people in other threads are already in. I hope this to grow soon. I will prepare a tracking sheet and keep on adding the joinees.

On the place, time, date and all, it requires a more unanimous decision rather than a deadline based on everybody's convenience. So let the list grow, we can fix up on those in no time.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

it is good to meet people and check out the ICE...lol..
i think there is some autoshow going on this weekend. sadly though i'm out of town.
i've seen quite a lot of cars with live to drive stickers in Blore. infact a t-bhp baleno was right infront of me one day. there are quite a lot of people. fix up a quick meet and there you go!!
Old 13th November 2009, 12:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well in 2006 and 2007 I saw many meets but day by day things didn't work out and I strongly felt members didn't come forward to organize meets or we ran out of places where we can meet or people had difference in opinion as you know Bangalore has too many members of too many minds!!

Hectic work schedule and EGO/show off of certain people etc.. played important key factors in not organizing meets. I would happy to join for such meets IFF people show good manners

Ravi.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:36   #9
DRC
BHPian

DD, Bangalore used to have a lot of meets. Yes, for some reason there has been a lul for a long time now. Good to revive the meets again.

Just thowing my 2 cents...
Option 1. Like Optimist mentioned, plan a drive thro' the city with stickered cars. Gives a good PR. But we may have to obtain the permission of authorities. (some one please confirm if this is necessity)

Option 2. Gather at a common place, drive to a nearby picnic place and be back by evening. Have fun talk, talk, and talk about cars till gone crazy. (these are teh kinds that used to happen earlier).

Option 3. A 2 day trip in a far away place, stay in a resort or something. We did this once in Ooty. It was fun. Infact t-bhpians from 3 states participated.

Eager to meet up with bhpians once again.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Shishir,
Good to see your reply. Even though I feel the same that mods and sr. members could take an initiative of ..........
...............convenience. So let the list grow, we can fix up on those in no time.
You are right. we will not fix up the time. But if it is on a public holiday and meeting place should be a area where all the cars can come in like palace ground etc(ayoooo i am already planning the venue...cannot control the enthu...).
Old 13th November 2009, 13:19   #11
BHPian

Hey,
Its really nice to see such prompt responses. 2004-2006 might have seen good days of bangalore meet; Let's try and do our best to recapture the enthu, emotion, discussion and make it even better and I can smell the flavour already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
You are right. we will not fix up the time. But if it is on a public holiday and meeting place should be a area where all the cars can come in like palace ground etc(ayoooo i am already planning the venue...cannot control the enthu...).
I too think so - public holidays would be the best. But looking to the calendar I dont see anything before 25th Dec. Any take ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Option 1. Like Optimist mentioned, plan a drive thro' the city with stickered cars. Gives a good PR. But we may have to obtain the permission of authorities. (some one please confirm if this is necessity)

I think it is required to take a permission from the local civic authority - less chance. Seniors could share their experience.

Option 2. Gather at a common place, drive to a nearby picnic place and be back by evening. Have fun talk, talk, and talk about cars till gone crazy. (these are teh kinds that used to happen earlier).

This sounds the most feasible option. It would not hamper the daily routines to a great extent.

Option 3. A 2 day trip in a far away place, stay in a resort or something. We did this once in Ooty. It was fun. Infact t-bhpians from 3 states participated.

This definitely is more tempting. May be we can think the subsequent meets like this - at least let's revive the glory first.

Eager to meet up with bhpians once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
....or people had difference in opinion as you know Bangalore has too many members of too many minds!!
Hectic work schedule and EGO/show off of certain people etc.. played important key factors in not organizing meets. I would happy to join for such meets IFF people show good manners
Ravi.
Agree cent percent. Although I am not sure of the reaons, such kind of meets demand more larger-than-life attitude.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 13th November 2009 at 13:21.
Old 13th November 2009, 13:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Hey,
Its really nice to see such prompt responses. 2004-2006 might have seen good days of bangalore meet; Let's try and do our best to recapture the enthu, emotion, discussion and make it even better and I can smell the flavour already.
I too think so - public holidays would be the best. But looking to the calendar I dont see anything before 25th Dec. Any take ?
Agree cent percent. Although I am not sure of the reaons, such kind of meets demand more larger-than-life attitude.
Dec 25th will be a good one. SInce it is a year end, not much work will be there for all our engineers and more over we have still 1.5 more months to go and by that time we will have lots of bangaloreans to participate
Old 13th November 2009, 13:25   #13
BHPian

I am in for option 1 and yes it has been a very long time since there has been a actual meetup. there are just threads on who's comming and who will not, but later meetup is dropped. so DigitalDragon, please shift into Overdrive and wake up all sleepy bhpian's
Old 13th November 2009, 13:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yes, count me in!

Am eagerly waiting for my TBHP stickers :-))
Old 13th November 2009, 13:46   #15
BHPian

Here is the count down so far:

Please update me with the information.

Sorry guys.. the 7th one is sajands (under Team-BHP logo)
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-list.jpg  

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 13th November 2009 at 13:51.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks