Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 14:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

I suggest lets have meet where there is no long week end and no festival because most of members who would love to attend meeting would be out on picnic.

Any Sunday without long week end or national holiday in the middle of the week is perfectly fine to get more attendants. ELSE to have mini meet fix the date which is suitable for like minded who would like to attend.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th November 2009, 14:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

hi Dragon, please remove me from the list. I am out of town. i do have the stickers. thanks..
Old 13th November 2009, 14:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest lets have meet where there is no long week end and no festival because most of members who would love to attend meeting would be out on picnic.

Any Sunday without long week end or national holiday in the middle of the week is perfectly fine to get more attendants. ELSE to have mini meet fix the date which is suitable for like minded who would like to attend.

Regards,

Ravi.
Valid Point. As far as national holidays are concerned i dont think anything is there this calendar year (mid-week). I am open to mini meets also. Just tracking the response and by end of next week we shall be in a position to conclude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hi Dragon, please remove me from the list. I am out of town. i do have the stickers. thanks..
Noted. Will update the tracker accordingly. However, not getting a point - I think you already thought this is around 25th. The dates are not finalised yet.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 13th November 2009 at 14:28.
Old 13th November 2009, 19:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Here is the count down so far:

Please update me with the information.

Sorry guys.. the 7th one is sajands (under Team-BHP logo)

I opt for option 1 and i have stickers on my car.
Old 15th November 2009, 01:21   #20
BHPian

i do have stickers on my car but mostly on the rear side.They will not get noticed during the drive. What we must do is put some temporary posters on the sides that gets people thinking about road sense and what they have been doing.

Something like this might be temporarily displayed on the sides.

1. Haste makes waste!
2. There's a red light ahead.
3. Burn less fuel. Breath cleaner air.
4. Ants have more discipline. (seen this on some ads in bangalore)
5. Be courteous on road.
6. Mature society demands good manners and self control.
7. All of us have a family waiting.
8. Safety is not one sided.
9. I try to make the road a safer place.
10. Slow down - Enjoy life

Please chip in with your thoughts and modify if necessary

Some of the above might seen as offensive but the message needs to get across.

if the option of the city drive is accepted, why only bangalore? why not bhpians who care in other cities also. Better if on the same day and time.

Something like this might also be brought to the notice of the media to get maximum visibility.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:43   #21
BHPian

I am in for a T-BHP meet. Lets plan and decide a date and venue...
Old 18th November 2009, 01:06   #22
BHPian

A newbie here and I am as excited as you all to join in.
No Sticker yet. Planning to have that in place soon. It would feel like a school kid without a uniform I guess when I am in the meet.

Option-1 would be a real good one. Because we have got used to live with the Bangalore traffic's ever growing woes and on most occasions things just stop at blaming the system and no further. it will be good if we can use this wonderful platform of Team-BHP meet to spread the road discipline and road safety.

As Optimist has rightly listed down, it is these little things that can make a big difference, like below:
Give way to pedestrians crossing (it is such a hazard to cross the bangalore roads now specially for woman, kids and old people)
Make small adjustments like do not have bus stops just after/before signals/flyovers which can ease congestion points
Not allow HTV (except Buses) in peak traffic hours on all major areas like CBD/Outer Ring Roads
And most importantly imbibe "Patience" as a virtue into our lives, specially when on Road.

I know some of the above points are for the Respective Authorities and are already present but not being followed judiciously.

I am fine with Option-2 also. It will be good to strike a good balance of responsibility and fun as part of this community.
Old 18th November 2009, 08:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Uh, why are the stickers, the slogans or the posters necessary?? Isn't this just a meet, or is it a promotion of some kind??

And for a start, why don't everyone just hook up at some place, have fun and go for a drive (maybe) and split. Thats what happens in most of the meets. Or you could decide on those regular meets like Saturday nights at a particular place, so that who ever are free can just turn up (cuz not everyone will be following this thread all the time). And once the people start coming in, you can plan on those long/overnight drives or so..

Last edited by karthik247 : 18th November 2009 at 08:06.
Old 18th November 2009, 08:40   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys,count me in, would love to meet up, im OK with any day, if required will apply for leave from office and join you'll for the meet I would be only too happy with offering my assistance for the organising and can be reached on my mobile 99161 20561
Old 18th November 2009, 09:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Uh, why are the stickers, the slogans or the posters necessary?? Isn't this just a meet, or is it a promotion of some kind??
Do you want to try and make a difference? I want to.

Drive, meet, or none, i'm planning for some stickers on my car.

Wonder how many artwork geniuses are here? Can someone with the skills and time to spare create a few designs about the messages?
Old 18th November 2009, 17:05   #26
BHPian

Guys,

It's really nice to see the interest gearing up and suggestions pouring in. My idea of a meet was also to imbibe some of these social activities as pointed out by Optimist and H_zoom.

From whatever information I have gathered so far, I understand that the last bangalore meet happened quite a few years back and i am trying to revive the same. While I am GAME for the option 1, I personally feel let's have a casual meet first and know each other in the forum (assuming a maximum gatherings). We could plan for this City Ride in the next meet. I can safely anticipate once there is a face-to-face meet, there will not be a derth of all such ideas. It will also be easier to plan for voluntary distribution of activities for the Option - 1 plan.

Comments / feedback welcome.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

you are bang on target "Dragon". As you rightly said a small face-face meet will bring us all on one page and then share some ideas on that meet and then decide "WHAT NEXT"
Old 18th November 2009, 17:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am in for sure, any day any time.. All my cars' have the stickers. Lets have a small meet first and then plan for the big one.

I am sure many members of Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore (I am one of the Founder member) would love to participate in the meet. Few Fiats have stickers on them.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:48   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
From whatever information I have gathered so far, I understand that the last bangalore meet happened quite a few years back and i am trying to revive the same.
Last general meet happened in Feb 2009, and not many years back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-report.html

Bangalore meets have been happening, but not in general sense. For example, OTRs are one frequent event where Team-BHPians keep meeting every month.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I am sure many members of Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore (I am one of the Founder member) would love to participate in the meet. Few Fiats have stickers on them.
Arun, Could you please share some more info on this Fiat 1100 club ? I am about book a Linea Petrol and would love to join this club once it is delivered next month. Thx.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks