Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 23:28   #121
BANNED

@DD: I have personally been to Guhantara. Its a very nice place. What are the bad reviews you have got about them?

@ Arun: Yes that sounds like a good plan. Bhagini (next to CCD) is indeed a good place. But with all the chaos of managing many numbers, wouldn't it be better to go to a place where you have buffet? Buffet system will solve a lot of headaches for the organizers. Just a fixed rate, be it veg/non-veg. No one will crib about vegetarians having to foot more cost etc..

@ Optimist: So much planning is actually going to ruin the fun of the whole meet. Lets make this a fun meet than a planned to the T corporate gathering?
Old 30th November 2009, 17:18   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
@ Optimist: So much planning is actually going to ruin the fun of the whole meet. Lets make this a fun meet than a planned to the T corporate gathering?
"Fun unlimited in chaos"
go ahead and enjoy. But do remember to keep one long thick stick in your vehicle. Anyone guess why?

the planning was that since yelagiri did not have cell networks and was a long drive + to be coordinated with chennai guys.

i'm not in any drive till Dec 3rd week due to work and family commitments. Would be glad to help out with anything from my side.

btw i'm driving till srirangpatna and might check out the fort and possibly Ranganathittu bird sanctuary if i have the time after a family gathering.
route 7:30 New bel road - 8:00 NR colony & to Mysore road (stickered car grey i10 wave if spotted.)
Old 30th November 2009, 17:46   #123
Senior - BHPian

So what is it finally now. Is it yelagiri or guhantara or nandi hills or what?????
Old 30th November 2009, 17:55   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
"Fun unlimited in chaos"
go ahead and enjoy. But do remember to keep one long thick stick in your vehicle. Anyone guess why?

the planning was that since yelagiri did not have cell networks and was a long drive + to be coordinated with chennai guys.
A similar event was organized before to Yelagiri (actually atleast 3 events IIRC), why don't you look at one of the previous threads? IIRC everyone made it through without getting lost, clear cut instruction to the route details were given at that days morning brief near Dakshin Honda. Everyone had their bit of fun without being held up by the rest or having to follow a line like we used to do at school marchpasts. You are just getting a bit too serious for the 5 cars confirmed here, normally such drives used to have 25+ cars. My point is no amount of meticulous planning is going to work on such trips. Some will be late, some early, some will not stick to the convoy, some will leave from the party early etc... So have a flexible plan you can work around at any point of time and make a few changes accordingly.

As per your point # 13, don't expect all the members to pay in advance. Some will always like to pay at the meet.

Also, who will take the responsibility to pay up for the buffet at the resort? To keep the lunch etc ready? You do know that they ask for a 50% advance right?

FYI, there is cell phone coverage at most of these resorts. If you guys are planning to go to Yelagiri, I would suggest Hotel Landmark, where one of the earlier meets was held. Food is pretty decent, they have a huge parking area too.

Also, is this meet limited to TBHPians ONLY? I have a few friends who might want to join if you guys have no issues.

Last edited by motophsyco : 30th November 2009 at 18:01.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:34   #125
BHPian

Some updates on Guhantara (in case it is one of the options), as we had been from our office couple of weeks back.
The ambience is different as the resort has been designed as a cave.
RainDance is its speciality, though it is for 30 minutes only from 3:30 to 4:00 pm
Sports facilities such as play area for Cricket, Beach Volleyball, Archery, Water Polo were interesting apart from the usual stuff like Table Tennis, Billiards, Carrom.
Drive thru' "Nice" road was a revelation after putting my beauty thru the daily grinds of Bangalore traffic
Food was OK, not great (subjective I guess), variety was also missing
The price worked out to be Rs. 650/- all inclusive for a full day package which included, breakfast, lunch and evening snack.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:36   #126
BHPian

Aren't we going whereever we are supposed to during this coming weekend?And we still haven't decided about the venue

I guess all the participants,inlcuding me,and keeping quite and not giving any suggestions with the idea that too many thoughts popping in would create more confusion.
Heads up to DD,optimist,motophyscho in taking up the issue and getting towards the resolution of the venue.

But will finally someone decide where we are headed before this weekend
Old 30th November 2009, 20:45   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey yaar, why all this confusion... you wana meet and have a good time, chat & catchup/talk with each other? Then best option is to meet at Green Annexe on Sarjapur road for early lunch (12.00 pm), chit chat, have fun and then whoever wants can go for a drive to wherever from there...

Last time some of us were there till 9.00 in the night (and we started at 11.00 am in the morning :-) )

The place has enough parking and is reasonably priced and has some ok-ok food (who cares for food in a meet..)

just my 2 cents..
Old 30th November 2009, 21:34   #128
Senior - BHPian

+10000 to what KING KHAN has to say. DD,Motot,Opti just decide one place ASAP. it is almost tuesday now
Old 30th November 2009, 21:38   #129
BHPian

small quick initial meet

DD & me feel it is best to meet somewhere in city, for lunch @ 1pm or dinner @ 7pm on Saturday, get familiar, without families (i guess it's no harm if they come along) and just discuss further interests for maybe 2 hours. Let us start small. Bigger things can happen later.
Any open spaces where we can be comfortable in your minds? On outskirts also is OK.

motophsyco: i'm sure no one would have any problems with non members also.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
My choice is Nandi Hills. Lunch may be at Bhagini( near airport). Cost effective too for students like me.
We should avoid Mysore road i guess. It gets really crowded on weekends.
Bhagini aint that cost effective my friend!! its pretty expensive (150 bucks a biriyani)
Nandi hills is boring and most people here have been there a million times !!
Old 30th November 2009, 22:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Arrey yaar, why all this confusion... you wana meet and have a good time, chat & catchup/talk with each other? Then best option is to meet at Green Annexe on Sarjapur road for early lunch (12.00 pm), chit chat, have fun and then whoever wants can go for a drive to wherever from there...

Last time some of us were there till 9.00 in the night (and we started at 11.00 am in the morning :-) )

The place has enough parking and is reasonably priced and has some ok-ok food (who cares for food in a meet..)

just my 2 cents..
i agree this sounds feasible ,or my be any dhaba kinda place on the highway
Old 30th November 2009, 23:52   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
DD & me feel it is best to meet somewhere in city, for lunch @ 1pm or dinner @ 7pm on Saturday, get familiar, without families (i guess it's no harm if they come along) and just discuss further interests for maybe 2 hours. Let us start small. Bigger things can happen later.
Any open spaces where we can be comfortable in your minds? On outskirts also is OK.

motophsyco: i'm sure no one would have any problems with non members also.
No offense but Bad idea.The whole point about the meet was to get to drive some long distance,feel the adrenalin and get out of this buzy city life and in the process meet the bangalore gang.Our brothers and sisters in this city.Not to mention the highway driving and some adventure plugged in.

Going to just another restaurant and meeting tbhpians is like going to another lunch/dinner with my team.I guess software people might understand what I mean.It would be routine and nothing exciting

What started as an idea of driving till yelagiri got reduced to nandi hills and now its being reduced to sarjapur and I won't be surprised if someone suggests to meet at kataria ka dhaba at BTM in his next post.

Guys its a team-bhp meet and not a corporate buffet.Why are we so obsessed about the whole meeting at a restaurant thing within city limits??
Isn't it the case of been there done that?

Sorry for being so straight forward and rude but was just trying to justify my enthusiasm which is getting less day by day.Apologies if any one felt offended/hurt.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:57   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
A similar event was organized before to Yelagiri (actually atleast 3 events IIRC), why don't you look at one of the previous threads? IIRC everyone made it through without getting lost, clear cut instruction to the route details were given at that days morning brief near Dakshin Honda. Everyone had their bit of fun without being held up by the rest or having to follow a line like we used to do at school marchpasts.
Just curious, how do you know all this considering you were missing from the forum between Apr 2007 to Nov 2009? In-spite of being a newbie you know things only a very long time regular member would know.

Earlier you could barely make a sentence in proper English. In fact you never wrote more than a sentence in any post in 2006-07. Then you reappear after 32 months, and now you are the epitome of eloquence, and a very compelling orator. It is a fantastic transformation indeed, I am very happy see it. In fact, you remind me of somebody...

Anyway, I think it will be a very interesting meet, you'll hopefully reveal the secret of your linguistic transformation.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just curious, how do you know all this considering you were missing from the forum between Apr 2007 to Nov 2009? In-spite of being a newbie you know things only a very long time regular member would know.

Earlier you could barely make a sentence in proper English. In fact you never wrote more than a sentence in any post in 2006-07. Then you reappear after 32 months, and now you are the epitome of eloquence, and a very compelling orator. It is a fantastic transformation indeed, I am very happy see it. In fact, you remind me of somebody...

Anyway, I think it will be a very interesting meet, you'll hopefully reveal the secret of your linguistic transformation.
Samurai, stop hijacking an already confused thread
You must have seen motophysho in that "harrie cheated" thread.He was posting there with all barrels firing in favour of harrie.

Anyways back on topic, if you mods are already coming then why aren't you using your experience with the past meets and suggesting something.
All noobs like us are still beating our heads with respect to the venue.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:18   #135
Team-BHP Support

My humble suggestion, first decide what you want to do?

1) Meet + Eat + Chat up? Can do over Breakfast / Lunch or Dinner. Decide on a place like Bagini which has decent parking and you are set to go.

OR

2)Drive Meet + Eat + Chat? For drive meet - decide destination and people who have been to these places have to take lead and suggest food joints, thing to see/do etc.

Again if its latter then, decide on no kms you are ok with travel. Under 50 kms = half day, anything more plan for one whole day. ie if you dont want it to be just up and down drive.

Once you have clarity on the above, deciding on venue and actual meet will be easy. Tell me how difficult is for any one of you to go out for an evening out with couple of friends and share the tab? Its as simple as that.

Problem i see here is people are still confused between 1 & 2.

ps: I am not very sure ill be able to make it and hence didn post up yet! and sound negative

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st December 2009 at 00:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks