Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:41   #46
BHPian

I am on for this. Actually this would be my first meet and hence was a bit reluctant to take the lead of organizing the same, though i started the thread.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:45   #47
BHPian

[I am relatively new here. I am really eager to be part of a Bangy meet, & then I bumped upon this thread.
You have pointed it right, it took some for me to figure out your point though ! But we need to move on, and continue the meets.
Also I feel, the meets are happening in silos, so it would be good we are able to make everyone come together for a single grand meet (practically i know this would be difficult, but atleast we need to try for it). The key take away, obviously the experience of getting around with various experienced TBhpians right from seniors to the newbies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guys,
Would you be game for a Bangalore-Chennai members drive/meet @ Yelagiri?
Its been 2 years since we had something like this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-report.html
Sounds like a plan ! But I hope we would be able to bring our families as well. Also NITROUS, being a pretty senior guy here, we would like to make use of your expertise to group other senior BHpians too, so that we have the sheer pleasure of meeting the TBHP group right from newbies to the seniors !!!

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd November 2009 at 20:10. Reason: mod action is not open for discussion
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

FYI,
There is meet of Bangalore Jawa Yezdi Motorcycle Club with Roaring Riders, Chennai on 28th and 29th, Nov to Yelagiri Hills.
Just thought to let you know guys, in case if you are planning for this weekend.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
FYI,
There is meet of Bangalore Jawa Yezdi Motorcycle Club with Roaring Riders, Chennai on 28th and 29th, Nov to Yelagiri Hills.
Just thought to let you know guys, in case if you are planning for this weekend.
Is it the same Jawa Club which had their rally few months back in Kanteerva Stadium?
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Is it the same Jawa Club which had their rally few months back in Kanteerva Stadium?
Nope, i believe there are couple of Jawa clubs in bangalore. this one has their regd office in Sanjaynagar. In fact they had a breakfast ride on 15th Nov as part of the Kannada Rajyotosava Celebratations to Magadi.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Just because we care doesn't mean we need to scream it out from the rooftops. To give you an idea of just how much TBHP cares in BLR, the last time there was a TSD rally for the blind, TWO MEMBERS SHOWED UP. So you're wasting your time.
i'm just exploring options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
People will have a look at the displayed messages give a grin and forget all what they read in this buzy world.Not to mention the ruckus it would create on the already clogged bangalore roads when all the autofreaks along with their beasts and beauties come down together on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I am eagerly looking forward to such a meet in BLR.
But why dont we make it a simple day meet rather resorting to rallying the roads and especially in BLR where it is more known as 'JAMalooru' than 'Bengalooru'.. It would be nice if there is a simple meet(good if we can tag our family as well) to an outskirt, get together, lunch together and have a good time rather driving thru the city roads and getting frustrated with the jam. I am already frustrated with the BLR jam as a daily office goer !!! . By this, we dont need to really wait for stickers, figuring out options for banners et al...
Please don't get me wrong. I suggested this on a *lazy day* in my first post on this and I by no means expect 100's of vehicles like political rallies. maybe 3-4 cars meeting earlier and driving to the meeting place would more than suffice. Small posters will help to get some message across. i'm sure no prior permission is required for 2-5 vehicles.
I take the 2 wheeler when i am alone to help reduce congestion emissions. As a bonus I get around faster.

To bring things into shape, we can start by
1. identifying some places (preferably veg. snacks) where parking would not be a problem with a different location every meet like:
1a. breakfast meet at a famous speciality dosa hotel.
1b. Dinner meet @ .....
2. Date and time/duration. Maybe a 1-2 hour meet would be a good start.
3. grouping together to from 1-4 vehicles and drive to the meet.
4. Families tagging along would be nice.

To collaborate on this google might help. If you all agree, i will create an online sheet where the thoughts can be entered without cluttering the forum with individual replies.

Please chip in with thoughts. I'm seriously looking forward to this.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:30   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
First and foremost, is such an event going to have "official backing" from TBHP?
None of the meetings have any official backing, even if moderators are present. Even the mods-only meetings are not official. Please understand team-BHP is an Internet forum, it helps bring petrol head together. Our official agenda doesn't include conducting meetings and drives. You can use team-BHP forum to arrange and plan such activities. But Team-BHP is not responsible or liable for the meetings or drives.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
i'm just exploring options..
Just PM "DD" once as he has collected some information. We can finalize as per your points(it looks good like the breakfast meet etc). good one mate
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:07   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
FYI,
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Hold on a sec...what Jawa MC club are you guys talking about? There's one with no registered office, and the other one which held their meet at Kanteerva.

The one with no regd office (just old timers) is something I know. I also know the one with the regd office which pretty much consists of newbies and is beginning to rival the Bullet MC clubs we have going on around. Is there another one?
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
None of the meetings have any official backing, even if moderators are present. Even the mods-only meetings are not official. Please understand team-BHP is an Internet forum, it helps bring petrol head together. Our official agenda doesn't include conducting meetings and drives. You can use team-BHP forum to arrange and plan such activities. But Team-BHP is not responsible or liable for the meetings or drives.
I fully understand the limitations. Thank you.

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - About Us
"We emphasize on road safety and make its significance communicated" -- also in the future we plan to devote an entire section to safety articles.

I was trying to see as an user of Bangalore roads, where myself and other members if they desired could contribute to make everyone's drives pleasant.

So the idea of some posters/stickers using team-bhp as a base.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am game.

Hope this will be a family meet!

Regards,
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hold on a sec...what Jawa MC club are you guys talking about? There's one with no registered office, and the other one which held their meet at Kanteerva.

The one with no regd office (just old timers) is something I know. I also know the one with the regd office which pretty much consists of newbies and is beginning to rival the Bullet MC clubs we have going on around. Is there another one?
the one i am mentioning(who are planning for a ride to yelagiri) did not had any meet in Kanteerva and i believe they are the regd ones who have a office in sanjaynagar. I have heard about only 2 groups right now. Probably will try to get some info on that.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:45   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Weekend + family? then yes! Stags only? then maybe. Being good the whole week to get the weekend off with boys will be quite a task
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

How about Airlines Hotel, Lavelle road as the meeting point.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:42   #60
BHPian

Hey guys,
My vote for meet & games, anywhere in b'lore. Please not around christmas school holidays, because most of them would have planned for a long trip (incldg me).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks