Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:35   #166
BHPian

initial meet

Meet date and time: 6th, Sunday, from 12 to 3pm. Come in around 11-12 and hang out later if desired.

*Urgent*
Please PM the following details to DigitalDragon for a cut and paste to an spreadsheet.

1. Handle
2. mobile number
3. your approximate location in bangalore
4. No of people attending from your side (for a tentative head count)

eg.: Handle, Number, area, 1

Looking at these, we might be able to select a place which might be convenient to majority of people. Some places seem good. Budget might be Rs. 300 < 500.

The main aim here is to get to know each other and build a rapport for further meets and drives. Come on, spare half a day.

Hope to finalize this in a day and get back by tomorrow.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:20   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Family : Not this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
4. No of people attending from your side (for a tentative head count)

eg.: Handle, Number, area, 1
Hey DD and optimist,
Are you guys in sync because one says family not this time and then another is asking for the number of people attending from our side.What do you expect?I mean if family members are not supposed to attend then who are these other people whose count we are supposed to give
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

"Alter" Optimist means friends i feel. family was not included if it was for long drive i suppose. Now since it is in bangalore itself they can come i feel. No problem let them decide and finalize. Anyhow this is just a meet to know each other and to know each others handle. if this is successful then every month we can have a meet with family members. by that time even we will also know how to handle the situation/meets
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:12   #169
BHPian

Folks,

Optimist has already defined the agenda of the meet. I personally have no problems in terms of bringing family ( i am a forced bachelor though for the time being ). But i still feel let's have this meet without family and i am sure, as shishir has mentioned, we can have N no. of meets subsequently with family.

Alter_Ego : more no. of headcounts is for if u want to bring along your friends or prospective Team-BHP members.

Here are the 2 places I have shortlisted after discussing with them :

1. Unwind Island, Marathahalli Ring Road
Kadubisanahalli, Bangalore - 560087 (Vacations Bangalore,Holidays in Bangalore,Tourist Destinations in Bangalore)
Package Cost : Rs. 500/- from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm including welcome drink, lunch buffet and evening high tea, usage of facilities

2. Country Club Lakeside, Hosur Road, 4kms from Narayan Hridayalaya (http://www.countryclubbangalore.com/hosur-road.php)
Package Cost : Rs. 350/- same timing with the facilities, plus point is enough open area for chit chatting and roam around.

Please RE-CONFIRM your attendance by today evening by sending PM to me in the format mentioned by optimist. I will consider those headcounts only for booking. If I go by the poll we are at least 21. Please note that 50 % advance is required for booking. Need to figure out how to coordinate??

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 3rd December 2009 at 11:15.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:30   #170
BHPian

Just checked the poll results, seems like a big meet in the making..

I was under the impression that the group from Chennai would be driving for this Yelagiri to this Bangalore meet.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

"DD" Fantastic places you ahve chosen. Country club on hosir road has plenty of place. Nice thing. So guys please send the details once again to "DD"
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:47   #172
BHPian

DD: Country Club seems to be the better option with green space to hang around. Does not matter that it's a bit far but the road is nice also. We can "DRIVE" to the place
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:18   #173
BHPian

Where are the confirmations ? I have only received from Shishir and Condor so far - Leave apart advance.

Guys - I might have become silent in between but I was doing my home work. Now that the place seems to be CC Hosur road, need confirmations asap.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:22   #174
Senior - BHPian

bangalore guys what is happening. If this continues then the thread heading will become true and we will be good only on PAPERS comapred to other cities where they actually meet rather than in forum.WAKE UP GUYSSSSSSS
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:48   #175
Senior - BHPian

DD: Go through the thread again. Think for about 10 mins. Understand the requirements definition, design the meet, implement it.

Or just follow the "Water Fall Model" of a Software Processing.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:00   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
DD: Go through the thread again. Think for about 10 mins. Understand the requirements definition, design the meet, implement it.

Or just follow the "Water Fall Model" of a Software Processing.
I would suggest a spiral model to get maximum benefits
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:18   #177
BHPian

@Arun 1100 and @ Mr_Bean :

First of all I am not from Software Industry. SO really dont understand the SDLC to follow.

Now Just to clarify, the poll was to gather information in order to define the requirement definition, design the meet and finally implement. I think the first 2 modules have been delivered by now, as posted by myself and Optimist.

The reconfirmation as PM with the contact details is required to deliver the 3rd module, i.e. implementation based on some "scope changes" happened in the due course of development.

Hope things are clear now.

@ Samurai - Could you please close the poll. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:24   #178
BHPian

Dayum! I was so looking forward to a Team BHP Bangalore meet!!! I have a prior engagement on Sunday and will not be able to make it. But please do post later meets, no matter how small or short and count me in

Last edited by Gooney : 3rd December 2009 at 15:25.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:32   #179
BHPian

HI DD,

Pm'ed you my confirmation, would you be needing the advance ? You can give us the account number to carry out the transfer ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Dayum! I was so looking forward to a Team BHP Bangalore meet!!! I have a prior engagement on Sunday and will not be able to make it. But please do post later meets, no matter how small or short and count me in
Check this thread on a regular basis :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...bangalore.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks