Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 12:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
New poll is added. Please select all the options that apply to you. This is a multi-selection poll. If you are fine with 5th or 6th, select both the dates.
I have polled ! Family count 3 including self
Old 26th November 2009, 12:32   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Dear Samurai & DD,
I think there has been some confusion on this meet for collecting data. As requested by DD in PM to me I had modified the sheet and put it online . This is now conflicting with the new poll. It would be better for all concerned to confirm in any one. Please delete my post no 102 if deemed fit so that no confusion arises. (I have no intention of competing with anybody.)
I didn't know there was a competition. I re-created the poll as requested by DD.

Quote:
On another note the online sheet can have many collaborators. I'd be happy to give the MODS full control if anyone is interested
If it is outside of the forum, you don't need the mods.

Quote:
Is there any way in which the link to that post or the links directly can be displayed anywhere on all pages of the thread when required? otherwise it might be difficult to spot the post no 102 on the thread.
Currently that feature is not available.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:35   #108
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Samurai for the help. So now we can go ahead and fill in all the details online and it will be saved in an excel sheet. Too cool. Comeon guys finish this off. GFrankly speaking DD and Optimist were collecting the data. DD and Optimist just paste that data in the excel sheet / online form which Samurai has prepared.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 26th November 2009 at 12:37.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:04   #109
Senior - BHPian

I am busy on 5th and 6th, will try my best to attend.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:07   #110
BHPian

I have polled too.Family count 2,including myself.
Old 26th November 2009, 18:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Samurai & DD,
I think there has been some confusion on this meet for collecting data. As requested by DD in PM to me I had modified the sheet and put it online . This is now conflicting with the new poll. It would be better for all concerned to confirm in any one. Please delete my post no 102 if deemed fit so that no confusion arises. (I have no intention of competing with anybody.)

However some data has already been added to it. We can collect the preferences after the planned 5th/6th meet. The form and sheet won't go anywhere and data can be entered after the meet.

On another note the online sheet can have many collaborators. I'd be happy to give the MODS full control if anyone is interested, otherwise having created the setup, i volunteer to help collect and organize data for every meet.

Is there any way in which the link to that post or the links directly can be displayed anywhere on all pages of the thread when required? otherwise it might be difficult to spot the post no 102 on the thread.

One solution might be a single post on a new "Bangalore members's choice" thread for where members can enter data whenever required. The data can be moved and reorganized but the links will remain.
Hi Optimist,
There was no intention of creating a duplication. Probably you were busy and thts why could not PM me on the update, however, in the mean time there was some confusions on the date and so i requested Samurai to update the poll options. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

As I told you earlier the sheet is definitely a nice work and can serve as a data collection tool for future meets, I would like to ask Mods if the same can be used as a generic tool for future requirements. Else you could take the ownership of using it whenever it is required in future.

Coming back to this meet @ ALL please use the attached poll here to confirm your attendance.
Old 27th November 2009, 13:24   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Hi Optimist,
Probably you were busy and thts why could not PM me on the update,
you know why.

To bring things to a better shape, please plan out and post asap.

1. Nominate a Bangalore coordinator. Confirm with chennai coordinator also as this is supposed to be a joint meet. PM/Discuss and fix timing.
2. Bangalore meeting point and starting time.
3. details of breakfast, lunch or dinner if planned to have together.
4. Places of interest
5. Route with major points identification/KM and expected speed/time, including return journey.
6. Make a list of things needed to be carried like water, snacks,
8. PM/email between the participants a complete list with mobile, residence numbers, vehicle identification and other necessary details a day or two in advance and carry your copies. (Others *will* have forgotten)
9. Please fix the lead/nagvigation car and tail car and how often the tail position change. Nobody wants to loose the way or get seperated. Take care during departure from main roads, that the whole group is together.
10. As of last count 5 are traveling singly. (Hint: No fun driving alone. people staying nearby can group together and share expense)
11. Please get your vehicles ready for the drive at least a day before. Check documents, Original DL, ID proof, tyres, air, brakes, stepne, tools, headlights, fuel, cameras, charged batteries etc. Helps if you are on time. Sleep early.
12. record gps points with snaps, route details and and post travelogues, a photo route guide. GPRS based maps might not work.
13. Fix up payment collector and and take advance, record expenses per person. settle before dispersing.

Things should start looking better with a concrete plan even if the date needs to be finalized. People who have done the route, please chip in with details of any places worthy of a short chai break, hotels details etc.

Please be aware that mobiles might not work there and any coordination needs to be done beforehand and specifically with the chennai group.

(hint : plagiarize other threads :P )

Go ahead, post pics, and make those of us who do not make it envious.
Old 27th November 2009, 21:46   #113
BHPian

@Optimist
That sounds like a proper plan. I wish if you could lead this meet.
Old 28th November 2009, 09:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

i think if someone plans the entire schedule for the day more people might be interested.
not all the people at the meet can stay from breakfast to dinner.
Saturday is preferred because to most people Sunday is a lazy day and prefer to spend it lying on the couch all day (at least that's what i do ).

If people know what exactly is going to happen during the meet and when exactly they can come back i think more of them will turn up.
Old 28th November 2009, 11:28   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Saturday is preferred because to most people Sunday is a lazy day and prefer to spend it lying on the couch all day (at least that's what i do ).
.Besides after the wonderful trip which we are definitely going to have, sunday can be taken as a cooling off period.I mean it would be very tiring if we go on a trip on sunday and then go to office on monday.Not to mention the usual monday blues for the techies.
Old 29th November 2009, 19:19   #116
BHPian

Folks,
With much deliberations and taking into account the following facts:
  1. For most of us it would be either a first meet or a meet after long time
  2. Families will join
  3. Sunday - 6th has got more votes, so IMO we should keep it short
  4. A convenient, enjoyable and non-tiring meet
I am in the opinion that for this meet let's keep it within 100 km range. This rules out Yelagiri (we shall definitely make it next time when the Bangalore team is at least familiar among themselves). (No offense Nitrous - just thought might be better for the next time)

I have an interesting place to suggest (a bit different from typical places) :

GUHANTARA : http://www.guhantara.com/index_5.htm

IMO everybody including family will enjoy and its around 40 kms from Bangalore. They have a day long package and recreational activities available, costing Rs. 675/ per head (Children discounts will be there) which includes : a welcome drink, a buffet lunch, evening snacks and all recreational activities (please check the website).

Please write back what you feel.
Old 29th November 2009, 19:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

Excellant place. I am definately interested to join if this is the place or place within 100km from Bangalore. DEC. 6th I have important function at home but can postpone it If I am making it to meet. Location is suitable for everyone to reach there!

Price is reasonable too! Its appears perfect place for every type of human! Also that area one can do mild offroading, so it would be fun for OTR people too There is Ravishanakar ashram too! on the way.

Good choice. Now its time to start confirming it.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th November 2009 at 19:31.
Old 29th November 2009, 19:58   #118
mkh
Senior - BHPian

missing it

Wish i could be there, have to go out of town, if at all for some reason it gets postponed to next weekend, am in
Damn...the first one and i gotta miss it...
Old 29th November 2009, 20:05   #119
BHPian

Backing Off from Guhantara

OK. I have got some reviews about the place Guhantara, in the mean time, that it is not so good as it appears on the website. I myself defer to this place choice (before comments pour in). Some of the other places that I could think of are :
  1. Nature & Temple:
    1. Ranganathittu bird sanctuary
    2. Sivasamudra
    3. Devaranyadurga
    4. Bheemeswari
    5. Talkkadu
    6. Nandi Hills
    7. Bannerghata
    8. Nature Park - Mysore
  2. Nature Resorts
    1. Eagleton Golf Club
    2. Club Cubbana
    3. Park Resotel
    4. Angsana
    5. Golden Palm
Suggestions and comments please. Let's fix the venue by Wednesday - 2nd Dec.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 29th November 2009 at 20:07.
Old 29th November 2009, 21:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

My choice is Nandi Hills. Lunch may be at Bhagini( near airport). Cost effective too for students like me.
We should avoid Mysore road i guess. It gets really crowded on weekends.

Last edited by arun1100 : 29th November 2009 at 21:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks