Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 00:21   #136
BANNED

Samurai, I have been busy with work and have been viewing as a guest when informed about meets. Have been to a few meets too though not posting here. Why don't you look around the meet section to find my photographs so that you can get rid of your doubts?

As for the English bit, given the strict nature here, do we have any choice but to improve? Either ways, my work requires me to avoid SMS lingo, hence the transformation.

How about you stop playing detective detective here? For more info on my lineage/linguistic transformation, kindly PM me and I shall be glad to answer your questions.

@ Alterego: I wasn't supporting anyone. Its just sad to see ignorant customers being taken for a ride. I Believe that education must begin at home.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:24   #137
BHPian

I was again getting so excited that atleast Jaggu is taking the charge and then kaput I read this line...Grrrrrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ps: I am not very sure ill be able to make it and hence didn post up yet! and sound negative
Anyways now that Jaggu has told us what we really are confused about can DD,Optimist,motophyscho decide on a venue so that we can utilize the whole day and not just go to some restaurant ,catch up, eat and get back to our homes and daily routines.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:35   #138
Team-BHP Support

So start counting people for option 1 & 2 first then decide on drive location. Check for places near bangalore thread and you will get ideas for drive destination.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:43   #139
BHPian

Where can I get details of this meet, date, time, venue, etc? Am in Bangalore and would love to attend.

Django
Old 1st December 2009, 07:01   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Where can I get details of this meet, date, time, venue, etc? Am in Bangalore and would love to attend.

Django
Hold on dude...things are still under discussion

team bhp meet without a long drive is like...chicken biryani without chicken!!

how about a drive down to belum caves. (assuming we are not meeting chennai folks). 300 kms away. ample parking. only 1 AP govt restaurant.

Regards,
Old 1st December 2009, 07:40   #141
BANNED

I would like to bunk the office on saturday.. Just like the old days .
Lets see how things are shaping up.
Old 1st December 2009, 07:49   #142
Team-BHP Support

Dear members, since this is the first meet for most of you, first try meeting just for lunch, get to know the faces behind the handles. Drive meet with bunch of strangers won't be that practical. Place suggested by khan_sultan is a good start for something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
How about you stop playing detective detective here? For more info on my lineage/linguistic transformation, kindly PM me and I shall be glad to answer your questions.
Normally I wouldn't play detective, but you sound so much like a certain former member than former yourself. You invoke a strong sense of déjà vu or as somebody said déjà bu.

Anyway, this is going to be an interesting meeting alright.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:57   #143
Team-BHP Support

If the list is big we can meet up at some resort with buffet available. Recently a group in office had gone to Unwind Island on ORR near Mrathahalli and had good reviews about the place.

After negotiation they got Rs.350/per head for dinner and usage of all amenities and Rs. 250 per head for lunch and usage of all facilities. This was a weekday though so weekend rates maybe more.

Luxury Appartment,Luxury Service Apartment,Corporate Service Apartment,Luxury Apartment Bangalore,Luxurious Luxury Apartment,India
Old 1st December 2009, 09:43   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If the list is big we can meet up at some resort with buffet available. Recently a group in office had gone to Unwind Island on ORR near Mrathahalli and had good reviews about the place.

After negotiation they got Rs.350/per head for dinner and usage of all amenities and Rs. 250 per head for lunch and usage of all facilities. This was a weekday though so weekend rates maybe more.

Luxury Appartment,Luxury Service Apartment,Corporate Service Apartment,Luxury Apartment Bangalore,Luxurious Luxury Apartment,India
The Unwind Island is in front of my ofice itself(directly opposite).Once in a week we go there and it is a good place for around 50-60 guys. But parking might become little biit of problem if we take 50-60 vehicles. But we can park on the service road also where the traffic is very less.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:21   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
DD & me feel it is best to meet somewhere in city, for lunch @ 1pm or dinner @ 7pm on Saturday, get familiar, without families (i guess it's no harm if they come along) and just discuss further interests for maybe 2 hours. Let us start small. Bigger things can happen later.
Any open spaces where we can be comfortable in your minds? On outskirts also is OK.
motophsyco: i'm sure no one would have any problems with non members also.
"Opti" This would be the best thing. First let us meet for some small get-to-gether and know who are the guys and who owns which handle etc etc and then have some good time and then leave. Anyhow if thing work out fine then we can have a long drive around bangalore by dec end(due to many holidays). This will be best and many people can make it also as it will be small meet. I strongly suggest the same. When "DD" started the thread me and DD has the same thought later on everyone came in with different ideas and confusion started
Old 1st December 2009, 11:12   #146
BHPian

This thread reminds me of the team bhp women's meet thread.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:08   #147
BHPian

Finalizing the Meet Agenda

Folks,
My apologies for a delayed response. I am paralley working on finalizing my new car. Please bear with me.

With whatever responses are there so far, if I am given the responsibility to close the agenda for this (for me the very first and m sure for many it would be similar too), I would put it this way :
  1. Purpose : Introduction and familiarization - Very important for bigger longer drive meet. So let's keep it short. Precisely the option 1, as mentioned by Jaggu.
  2. Date and Time : 6th Dec 09 - Sunday - morning to evening (apparently from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm)
  3. Venue : Yet to be fixed - I would close with a place where food facility will be there and will have some outdoor activities - not very far from bangalore - within 30 kms range. This is not a DRIVE MEET.
(working on the same to get some good quotes. Possible (but limited - no more confusions) options are
I will make sure that the budget is within 500. However, for all the buffet system, advance is mandatory. So please re-confirm your attendance and please be prepared to share some amount before hand for confirming the bookings. Next time we may not need buffet system.

Family : Not this time

@amohit and @alter_ego : This is just the beginning - A lot more to follow to quench your driving thirst.

Hope there is clarity now. I will take the head count by end of tomorrow for the booking of place.

Mods and seniors - It would be very nice if you all could join - to share your experience and set the future direction.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:15   #148
Team-BHP Support

@DigitalDragon: I don't have much details about the place. Just overheard a colleague from another team about the place and asked him about it.

He said it's a good place with swimming pool, pool table, table tennis and food is also decent.

They went on a weekday evening at 5pm and used the amenities. The food was decent and all inclusive was Rs. 350/-.

He also mentioned about a lunch buffet at Rs.250/- but there was some amenity removed for that.

I posted the link earlier. We need to call or if possible shishir can run across ORR and find out details for a group of 20-30pax.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:23   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
[*]Green Annexe (courtesy Khan Sultan)

Mods and seniors - It would be very nice if you all could join - to share your experience and set the future direction.
I vote for Green Annex, Sarjapur Road. We will definitely share our experience and set the future direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
But there are no activities there to spend a full day as that seems to be the plan here.
Believe me, we will spend so much time on chatting up with new faces and on food and beverages - we won't think of any other activities.

Last edited by hrag : 1st December 2009 at 12:41.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:26   #150
Senior - BHPian

Only thing is that we need to tell them(Unwind Island) how many people are coming and the timings. As vid mentioned the price are same.Food is very very good compared to other hotels/restaurants near by and the cleanliness is also very good, good hospitality also.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks