Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 16:39   #1516
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
We have to avoid Sinhagad. There was a report in the papers today that some roadwork is underway and it will not be completed before the monsoons.
Sorry for writing late , actually is this meet going to be apart from the mega meet scheduled 11th June ?
Old 8th June 2011, 16:59   #1517
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

^^Yes ambivalent it is. This is the usual Pune meet that happens at least once in a month.
This time we have been shortlisting places worthy of a drive in the rains.

@Subodh: Mahabi is ALWAYS good for us right? .

On another thoughts, if this meet does not encounter large numbers unlike the last few times, would it be Ok if we made an over nighter? Suggestions please.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 17:21   #1518
dot
Senior - BHPian

The rest of the month is too unpredictable for me. I might go for business trips or may not also, no clue at this point. So will keep a silent watch on the proceedings here.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:36   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys but cannot commit anything right now. Would be joining dot in keeping a silent watch on this thread
Old 8th June 2011, 19:40   #1520
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL you guy have become meetaholics!

Mahabs will t-bhp gang would be great. Swanand and Subodh can babysit the kids. What say dot?
Old 9th June 2011, 07:59   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
People, rains are here. Time to go to Mulshi/Sinhagad/Mahabi or anywhere!

Come on! Pune - Mum meet is hapening, but still, lets plan our good ol Pune drive meets.
Suggestions for destinations please. As usual, we shall shortlist one and finalise on a date. What say Punekars?
Sounds like a plan,its been a long time since I did a tbhp drive.would be awesome fun.lets do it
Old 9th June 2011, 08:19   #1522
Team-BHP Support

I would have said Sunday the 12th but then we would be pretty beat up following the meet on 11th. I suggest we do a nice loop drive like Pune - Bhor ghat - Mahad - Mangaon - Tamhini - Mulshi - Pune. Would be fun during the monsoons I reckon.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 10:26   #1523
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahabs will t-bhp gang would be great. Swanand and Subodh can babysit the kids. What say dot?
Neat idea. Need to go bring family soon as probing question are being asked, "what are you doing in these meets so often?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I would have said Sunday the 12th but then we would be pretty beat up following the meet on 11th. I suggest we do a nice loop drive like Pune - Bhor ghat - Mahad - Mangaon - Tamhini - Mulshi - Pune. Would be fun during the monsoons I reckon.
Good idea. Would love to go around the ghats during the rains.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:38   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure you want Subodh and I to babysit the kids? Think about it once again .

Quote:

Hey, thats a lovely plan. You are right about the 12th. I do not think anyone would be in a condition for a drive immediately after the 11th mega meet.

Lets keep a tentative date in mind and finalise the plan.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:41   #1525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hey, thats a lovely plan. You are right about the 12th. I do not think anyone would be in a condition for a drive immediately after the 11th mega meet.
Lets keep a tentative date in mind and finalise the plan.

Mahabaleshwar over weekends is a nightmare. Getting in and out of Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar is outright painful. Restaurants are filled with people and quality of food takes a beating too. I would avoid Mahabaleshwar. Lets hit the Konkan belt, have nice sea food around and return. Hope people are comfortable doing a looooooong drive.

EDIT: By Bhor ghat, I meant Verandah ghat via Bhor village not the Bhor ghat on Bombay - Pune railway line

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th June 2011 at 10:45.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:08   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Are you sure you want Subodh and I to babysit the kids? Think about it once again.
Thanks Swanand, offer accepted! I hope you have heard of the proverb; child is the father of man! Especially true with the newer generation

Quote:
Lets hit the Konkan belt, have nice sea food around and return. Hope people are comfortable doing a looooooong drive.

EDIT: By Bhor ghat, I meant Verandah ghat via Bhor village not the Bhor ghat on Bombay - Pune railway line
+1, I agree Konkan would be fabulous during this time. Would it be better to make it an overnighter? I would want to eat there more than once

By the way, Bhor Ghat (the one near Khandala) is better done via train (alight at monkey hill point and walk in the rains back to Khandala/ Lonavla).
Old 14th June 2011, 07:06   #1527
BANNED

Guys & boyz

if the hangover of the mega Jam is over then

Lets talk about a drive/ meet

Sudarshan

BTW the Landy has got a partner of its own , aTrailer
Old 14th June 2011, 07:44   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
BTW the Landy has got a partner of its own , aTrailer
That is interesting. Snaps please.
Old 14th June 2011, 09:56   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest we do a nice loop drive like Pune - Bhor ghat - Mahad - Mangaon - Tamhini - Mulshi - Pune. Would be fun during the monsoons I reckon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Tamhini is awesome right now. Went on a half day drive on Saturday: Pune - Pali via E-way & Khandala Ghat, Pali - Pune via Tamhini Ghat. The road from Kolad on NH17 to Pune is a sight for sore and summer-burnt eyes.

Some pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/vikram.kittur/Pali_Tamhini

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 13:01   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Proposed date: June 25/ 26th
Departure time: early AM
Return time: Late afternoon/ evening
Proposed destination: Pune - Bhor ghat - Mahad - Mangaon - Tamhini - Mulshi - Pune

1. selfdrive (+2) confirmed only if this is a family meet

If we want to plan this as an overnighter, we will need to be quick to finalise the reservations (somewhere on the beach?)

Please add your names here or provide recommendations if you can think of a better place.

Swanand, Subodh and other strawberry fans (just kidding!): can we rule out Mahabi for this drive/ weekend? Its too crowded on weekends; both the route and the place

Last edited by selfdrive : 14th June 2011 at 13:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks