Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 14:05   #4576
BANNED

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

@SUN. No not the windshield sealent but the one used on paint.

Paint Sealants & Synthetic Waxes/Polymers
A non-organic based wax used to seal paint
with a thin barrier. Sealants use polymers to
provide a longer lasting protective barrier compared
to organic wax. A polymer is a substance
composed of molecules with large molecular
mass composed of repeating structural units,
or monomers, connected by covalent chemical
bonds. This allows the sealant to provide better
protection than organic compounds like carnauba.
Inferior sealants reduce color and clarity as
they buildup over time. Griot's Garage Paint Sealant
and One-Step Sealant won't create a buildup
of opaque protection. Unlike other silicone-laden
products, our sealants will enhance color and
clarity while providing long-term protection.

Wax
A protective substance, natural or synthetic,
which provides a thin layer of protection over
paint, metal or wood. Wax can come as a paste,
cream or liquid. Pure wax should contain
no abrasive.

quoted from griots detailing handbook.
Dr.Gagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 12:17   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, any recommendation for Leather Upholstery cleaner? Yesterday I went to Reliance Autozone and I could see 4 different Leather care product, i.e. Sonax, Armor-All, Simoniz and Turtle Wax. Which one should be easiest to apply and with good results?

And BTW, got myself a Turtle Wax Rain Repellent, how effective is this product? It was more of an impulsive purchase.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th June 2011 at 12:18.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:05   #4578
BANNED

@ koushik . I have used turtle wax rain repellent ( bought from autozone ). Its good, the water beads after using it and the wiper works better i.e the smuge along the trailing edge during wipe is less.
For leather care product i have used 3M in past and found it to be satisfactory.

Hope it helps.
Dr.Gagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 22:31   #4579
BHPian

Amway leather cleaner & conditioner is one of the best around & most economical, it works on both art & genuine leather,

Very good cleaning action too. Leave it on overnight for it to soak into the leather & buff off lightly the next morning !

use a soft cloth, taking care that there is no mud/dirt/grit on the surface or the folds, or the leather could get scratched.
nirmaljusdoit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 23:32   #4580
BANNED

Hey Guys, Any place in bangalore where I can get meg nxt tech wax. It is out of stock at the 3M store in HSR.
Old 18th June 2011, 02:45   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi Guys, any recommendation for Leather Upholstery cleaner? Yesterday I went to Reliance Autozone and I could see 4 different Leather care product, i.e. Sonax, Armor-All, Simoniz and Turtle Wax. Which one should be easiest to apply and with good results?

And BTW, got myself a Turtle Wax Rain Repellent, how effective is this product? It was more of an impulsive purchase.

For your Leather, I suggest you use ArmorAll or Simoniz, I have had a really good experience with it. It does not bleach the leather at all. Also Simoniz have good products. Please ensure you follow the instructions. Dont use ArmorAll multi purpose though. Use the Upholstery Foam.

The TW rain repellent is a nice product. Though you will have to spray it regularly (if you in rain all the while). I use Armorall windscreen wash fluid in my wash tank and it is wonderful, esp when you are driving in torrential rain. Just use the spray function once in a while and your windscreen beads water. Try getting that.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 02:58   #4582
BHPian

Came across this thread, when I was checking for a solution to my problem. But its too big to read completely.

Need to know some information on the following.

1) Need a windshield washer to removed the (not sure what it is) marks like that of water drops getting dried on it. Tried cleaning with an ordinary car was and cloth and applied pressure.
when I put on the wiper during day time, it cleans up properly but in the nights, when the wiper clears the screen from the oncoming traffic, I can see the whole windshield with these kind of water dried or absorbed mark. Car is a Fiesta and is just one year old. I am planning on changing the wiper blades, not because of this, but when its on the return wipe, just before getting back to the start position, its giving a hard runner kind sound.

Please let me know a cleaning solution to clean and keep handy to use whenever I wash the windshield.

2) Recommend a good car wash solution which can be used for regular wash with water. Any good products like 3M ? I dont know any other names than that Recommend if any

3) Not very good at detailing or waxing, but if there are any which can be used with normal MF, please advice. Another factor which holds me back from using any detailing or waxing, is because I might just do one part where its dull, so dont want the car to look shiny on one spot and not so at the other.

Please advice me on the first two point, very much in need on those.

Thanks gurus, This is a great thread and great help
Old 18th June 2011, 03:05   #4583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Came across this thread, when I was checking for a solution to my problem. But its too big to read completely.

Need to know some information on the following.

1) Need a windshield washer to removed the (not sure what it is) marks like that of water drops getting dried on it. Tried cleaning with an ordinary car was and cloth and applied pressure.
when I put on the wiper during day time, it cleans up properly but in the nights, when the wiper clears the screen from the oncoming traffic, I can see the whole windshield with these kind of water dried or absorbed mark. Car is a Fiesta and is just one year old. I am planning on changing the wiper blades, not because of this, but when its on the return wipe, just before getting back to the start position, its giving a hard runner kind sound.

Please let me know a cleaning solution to clean and keep handy to use whenever I wash the windshield.

2) Recommend a good car wash solution which can be used for regular wash with water. Any good products like 3M ? I dont know any other names than that Recommend if any

3) Not very good at detailing or waxing, but if there are any which can be used with normal MF, please advice. Another factor which holds me back from using any detailing or waxing, is because I might just do one part where its dull, so dont want the car to look shiny on one spot and not so at the other.

Please advice me on the first two point, very much in need on those.

Thanks gurus, This is a great thread and great help
1)Turtle Wax windscreen wash or Armorall windscreen wash in your car windscreen wash bottle.
2) Try getting Simoniz Wash and Wax concentrate (orange). It works wonders and keeps your car shining.
3) For a first time waxer try using Formula1 (original) or use Armorall detailing wipes. These are wax wipes and you can just wipe your car with it. Try it.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 03:47   #4584
BHPian

Thanks torquecurve, I will try these.

First things will be about the windshield. I might just try cleaning with a cloth and the screen wash yu recommended.

I hope these will be available in Reliance autozone in Bangalore.

anyone from Bangalore, if can guide me on where to get these other than autozone, please help.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:51   #4585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
1)Turtle Wax windscreen wash or Armorall windscreen wash in your car windscreen wash bottle.
2) Try getting Simoniz Wash and Wax concentrate (orange). It works wonders and keeps your car shining.
3) For a first time waxer try using Formula1 (original) or use Armorall detailing wipes. These are wax wipes and you can just wipe your car with it. Try it.
TC, can we use the Wash and wax everytime we wash the car? I am not sure if the regular use is harmful for paint.
Old 18th June 2011, 06:40   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
TC, can we use the Wash and wax everytime we wash the car? I am not sure if the regular use is harmful for paint.
Wash and wax is the same product. Typically it is regular car wash with some carnauba or silica wax. Doesnt affect paint a lot rather protects it. Been using it for a pretty long time now.

You should be able to pick this all up at Rel Autozone. I get my stuff from there mostly.
Old 18th June 2011, 07:37   #4587
BANNED

@backrub. One product that you should definately buy is Optimum No Rinse Shine you can get it from auto mall or ultimate detailerz. It can be used as car wash , clay lube or quick detailer depending on the dilution.
Old 18th June 2011, 14:53   #4588
Senior - BHPian

For waxing get the Collinite 845. Saw how to apply it and it's probably the easiest wax to apply with best results. I'm gonna get my waxed with Collinite soon.
Old 20th June 2011, 09:12   #4589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
For waxing get the Collinite 845. Saw how to apply it and it's probably the easiest wax to apply with best results. I'm gonna get my waxed with Collinite soon.
Correct and its durable too, though i felt even Meguiars Tech Wax is very easy and nice. The best is Collinite as locally available. Now even Mothers wax is available, waiting when would Tech Wax be available at affordable rates(US prices)
Old 20th June 2011, 11:23   #4590
BHPian

@Dr.Gagan, How can I get stuff from Auto Mall ? Is that a shop or website, bcoz the search on net is not guiding me to a location in Bangalore.

Have been trying to reach UD also, they sms'd they will call back, waiting for that.

Where can I get 3M MF in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks