Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 23:58   #4471
BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Mortis - The blue Scotch brite 3M MF's (multipurpose) are the best i have come across in my experience of trying different brands, They are good for 50 washes plus currently (havent junked a single one of them) Cobra are equally good from what i have seen. though not available here in India.

From what you have, they are the best you can treat your paint to !

Using powder detergents reduces the life of the towels, A good quality liquid wash would be preferred.

3M blue micros are also easily available at present !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 19th May 2011 at 00:00.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:32   #4472
Senior - BHPian

I usually wash my micros in warm water + few drops handwash soap + a couple of drops of Pril/Vim liquid as a degreaser.

Are they that easily available in Bangalore ? I only found them in one shop in Mumbai and he doesnt have them anymore. What about ONR ? I am looking for that also. If I remember then you and mkh sell those so if you do then could you send me a PM with the details please ? Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 20:45   #4473
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I usually wash my micros in warm water + few drops handwash soap + a couple of drops of Pril/Vim liquid as a degreaser.

Are they that easily available in Bangalore ? I only found them in one shop in Mumbai and he doesnt have them anymore. What about ONR ? I am looking for that also. If I remember then you and mkh sell those so if you do then could you send me a PM with the details please ? Thanks
Hi Mortis ,
sorry to butt in I think nirmal or mohsin would be your best bet for #M blue MF. They will not ship ONR outside bangalore though someone can pick it up on your behalf for them. Try Auto-mall.in for ONR delivery in mumbai ( check their posting on ebay ) I believe they ship it all over india though there is a contradictory post on previous page.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:46   #4474
BANNED

Meg QD is back on shelf in 3M showroom at HSR layout, Bangalore. Bought the first one of new lot. Price 300 RS / 473 ml.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:33   #4475
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys I need your expert guidance in this regard; I picked up a brand new Chevy Cruz around 2 weeks back. Have been contemplating since then as to what paint protection treatment should i subject my car to... Some say clear coat is great while some say its a hog wash hence havent jumped into it as yet. Experts pls guide me as I gotta get this done at the earliest.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:50   #4476
BHPian

Has anyone use the product called Roberts liquid from pidilite? I heard its a paint sealant, very cheap and people have mentioned about using it on their cars. Rave reviews about its water beading and protection abilities. Anyone know more about this product?
Old 20th May 2011, 15:15   #4477
BHPian

I have not used this, but I have seen Roberts liquid (more than a year old) and Motowax (more than 18 months old) in Spencers Daily chennai. It looks like no one has ever picked it up from the date it was put in the display . So I think you are better of trying waxpol. Waxpol is also good.
Old 20th May 2011, 21:53   #4478
BANNED

I went to X-Static Concepts office in wilson garden, Bangalore today.The owner Mr Rajesh is a young enthusistic chap. He is dealer of Valvoline Products ( eagle one and car or Ultra brite range of professional detailing products . He also has MF's picked up a 50 x 50 blue MF . I feel it is better than jopasu . maybe Nirmal or Mohisn can compare it to 3M.

PS: Mods I would like to add x-Static to team bhp bangalore directory please help.
Old 20th May 2011, 23:08   #4479
BHPian

The Wolf - Do get a proper paint protection treatment done for your Cruze at the earliest ! Cruze has one of the best quality paint finishes, deep gloss once properly protected !

In my experience of using all the available multipurpose micros in India, the best would be 3M, followed by Optimum & then finally Jopasu.

Robert's liquid of course is really very cheap but i doubt its a sealant at all. There is hardly any information on the label too.
Old 20th May 2011, 23:11   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gagan View Post
I went to X-Static Concepts office in wilson garden, Bangalore today.The owner Mr Rajesh is a young enthusistic chap. He is dealer of Valvoline Products ( eagle one and car or Ultra brite range of professional detailing products . He also has MF's picked up a 50 x 50 blue MF . I feel it is better than jopasu . maybe Nirmal or Mohisn can compare it to 3M.

PS: Mods I would like to add x-Static to team bhp bangalore directory please help.
Can you post the pics of MF's and also the cost.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:41   #4481
BANNED

Hi RK Sans here is the picture. The MF come as a set of blue and yellow ( which if I am not wrong is priced 279 on ebay and something similar in shell pertorl bunks ) . Since I only wanted blue MF i picked up 2 of them ( one is with nirmal ) at about 120 or 130 rs each.
The quality I feel is not great it doesnt scratch ( that's what MF's are meant for ) but it didnot absorb water like a 3M blue MF. Nirmal can add his experience.
Below is the photograph as requested by you.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-xstatic-mf-004.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 13:15   #4482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Its a hybrid cleaner wax (contains carnauba, polymers and cleaners) (kinda like an AIO product)

I stopped using it looong back because of the chalky residue that it used to leave after drying on the paint and while removal, that powdery stuff used to get in every nook and cranny and crevices. It had become a pain because the post waxing cleanup had to be so extensive!!

Now that I think about it, I feel it might've been because of user error!! I might give it a try again, this time with a DA polisher.

The 945 that you have is way awesomer and user friendly product!

If you're looking for a cleaner wax, Meguiars ColorX is amazing!
Sunday I had some free time and I waxed the car with TW platinum car wax.
You are absolutely right Sohail! It did leave a small amount of chalky residue. Not sure about the durability but the finish and shine it gave was similar to the 845. This wax is good at Rs 425 for a large bottle.

Meguiars ColorX is available locally? Is it clear coat safe?

Speaking about waxes how do you ever get to finish a bottle of wax when you keep buying new ones? I haven't even touched my second can of 915! This is my first can of 915 after waxing 3 cars.

vista_qjd
The only thing I would use Roberts liquid polish is on old refrigerators.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-915wax.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 24th May 2011 at 13:16.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:38   #4483
BHPian

I used my 845 for the first time last Sunday. I was quite amazed by the ease of application and the shine . Also what I liked is that it left no white residue on black trims.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:13   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sunday I had some free time and I waxed the car with TW platinum car wax.
You are absolutely right Sohail! It did leave a small amount of chalky residue. Not sure about the durability but the finish and shine it gave was similar to the 845. This wax is good at Rs 425 for a large bottle.

Meguiars ColorX is available locally? Is it clear coat safe?

Speaking about waxes how do you ever get to finish a bottle of wax when you keep buying new ones? I haven't even touched my second can of 915! This is my first can of 915 after waxing 3 cars.

vista_qjd
The only thing I would use Roberts liquid polish is on old refrigerators.
ColorX is a great cleaner wax. Try contacting Automall.in(I got it from him)

The part in bold is quite a great question which I don't have an answer for!

I guess we keep buying waxes hoping to find a perfect one someday!! And I am yet to find one!

Paste waxes last a looong time!!!

Sometimes I re-discover waxes that I hadn't used for quite some time and am able to compare it with others on looks, ease of application, etc.

Its a great experience working on one's car!
Old 24th May 2011, 15:30   #4485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hi guys I need your expert guidance in this regard; I picked up a brand new Chevy Cruz around 2 weeks back. Have been contemplating since then as to what paint protection treatment should i subject my car to... Some say clear coat is great while some say its a hog wash hence havent jumped into it as yet. Experts pls guide me as I gotta get this done at the earliest.
You have mentioned "Some say clear coat is great while some say its a hog wash.."
I think you meant "Teflon Coat?"
I think you should contact the team at UD- they are experts in this and can guide you best, check out the listing on the Bangalore Directory for Ultimate Detailerz and contact them, you are safest with them i feel.

Talking of micro, i am very happy with the 3M blue ones, they are really VFM. I have been using mine since the past 2months + and they are holding well, and with my rough use too!
BTW i happened to be at Evo in Cambridge layout and he has a stock of Megs Supreme Shine!!! He is also keeping Jopasu Dusters now, good for those who live in that area!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks