Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 15:46   #5971
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Any difference between the Ultimate wax and NXT 2.0 ?
NXT 2.0 is a tin based hard wax where as ultimate is wax paste, I found the ultimate better to apply with little effort and get good shine.

-Sajan
Old 16th July 2012, 16:14   #5972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
NXT 2.0 is a tin based hard wax where as ultimate is wax paste, I found the ultimate better to apply with little effort and get good shine.

-Sajan
I currently use Turtle Super Hard car wax, i've not used any other wax but this one needs quite a bit of buffing if you apply too thick. I wouldn't want anything which requires more effort than the current one, i'll do my research and buy a good one then. Thanks for the all the help
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 23:57   #5973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will order Collinite 915 from Sanjay once stocks arrive, from my research its better suited for dark colors than the 845. Please correct me if wrong.

This is what i have in mind:

Wash-Amway car wash
Clay-Will have to manage with mother's clay bar till Megs is available
Wax: Megs NXT 2.0 followed by Collinite 915

Will have to source a polish and a sealant later. Does this look ok or should i change anything ?
My suggestion would be to skip 915 all together. Go for BlackFire Wet Diamond(BFWD) Paint sealant + BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish(BFGEP). Since I have used both of them, wax & sealant, my advice skip wax.

Synthetic products have become far better at durability than the old school Carnauba based wax. Application of 915 is difficult and then polishing takes more effort.

BFWD + BWGEP are as easy as applying butter onto bread. Goes super smooth and very easy to apply and even easier to buff off. BFGEP acts as polish and prepares the surface by removing any previous seealnt & waxes. BFWD is the sealant which gives super slick smooth finish and durability stays for 1 month with very harsh environment, dust, mud, slush.

On the other hand 915 wont even last for till the nest car wash. 915 will superior gloss but just no durability. Water beading of BFWD is far superior to 915.

Lastly claying is very important part, dont skip it. You did be surprised by seeing the bonded contaminats trapped onto the clay bar. Meguiars clay bar is better by length then Mothers, since I have used both of them.

Get Meguiars Quick Detailer for Rs. 300 which would be used as clay bar lubricant.

Refer to this post and you are all set. Link.

Let me know if you have any further query.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:52   #5974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My suggestion would be to skip 915 all together. Go for BlackFire Wet Diamond(BFWD) Paint sealant + BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish(BFGEP).

Lastly claying is very important part, dont skip it. You did be surprised by seeing the bonded contaminats trapped onto the clay bar. Meguiars clay bar is better by length then Mothers, since I have used both of them.

Get Meguiars Quick Detailer for Rs. 300 which would be used as clay bar lubricant.

Let me know if you have any further query.
I've lost count of how many times i've read your post on car detailing, it was very informative

The only reason i wanted to buy 915 was because of the shine it gives over the Blackfire products, but what use is it if it doesn't last till the next wash and is tough to apply.

Blackfire combo is very expensive for me, i'm still a student so i need to save up a lot before is splurge on the car. Apart from this, i've no reason for skipping blackfire combo. I wish i had someone in the US who would carry all this for me!

Will NXT 2.0 paste wax + blackfire have the same effect as balckfire+ 915 ?

I know claying is very important, will start off with one mothers bar and buy Megs when available.
Old 17th July 2012, 16:17   #5975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reason i wanted to buy 915 was because of the shine it gives over the Blackfire products, but what use is it if it doesn't last till the next wash and is tough to apply.
Yes the shine given by 915 is way superior than BF Combo but the effort required is not worth it and durability is no good. One wash with Amway Car Shampoo, all the wax is gone. 915 is good to get shine for that special day when you want to take car along.

Quote:
Blackfire combo is very expensive for me, i'm still a student so i need to save up a lot before is splurge on the car. Apart from this, i've no reason for skipping blackfire combo. I wish i had someone in the US who would carry all this for me!

Will NXT 2.0 paste wax + blackfire have the same effect as balckfire+ 915 ?

I know claying is very important, will start off with one mothers bar and buy Megs when available.
Blackfire combo is expensive but worth every penny. Even the Ultimate Detailerz use it. I too wish if I had someone in US to get the required car products at much cheaper rate then here.

As you are already using Turtle wax, that too should be good. Paste wax will always remain tedious to apply and when buffed give out extra wax in dust form which is even more pain.

Try using BF Combo + Meguiars NXT Tech Wax Spray. Easy to apply and easy to buff off.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:42   #5976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try using BF Combo + Meguiars NXT Tech Wax Spray. Easy to apply and easy to buff off.
This is exactly what the lazy me thought of!

Yes, BF products are UD approved! Pardon the noob question, but are paste waxes worth the additional effort over spray wax ?
Old 17th July 2012, 16:56   #5977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon the noob question, but are paste waxes worth the additional effort over spray wax ?
No, at least for me. They are worth just for the show car finish which I think is of no use in India, where there is too much dust in the air. By the time I finish applying sealant on one panel, the earlier one has a layer of dust onto it.

After using BF Combo, I find 915 half tin left with me useless.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:13   #5978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, at least for me. They are worth just for the show car finish which I think is of no use in India, where there is too much dust in the air. By the time I finish applying sealant on one panel, the earlier one has a layer of dust onto it.

After using BF Combo, I find 915 half tin left with me useless.
Ok, i'll skip the 915 and get the BF combo later. Also, how successful were you in removing swirls from your car using Swirl X by hand ? I heard the best results are if you use a DA.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:41   #5979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, how successful were you in removing swirls from your car using Swirl X by hand ? I heard the best results are if you use a DA.
Not good. SwirlX works best with a DA. Doing it by hands causes more harm than any better. Since using by hands you apply improper pressure over the surface which could mar it, whereas in DA its a constant pressure all round with more rotation to do the work quickly.

On small scratches and abrasive, SwirlX does wonder. Helps to remove the most of it and even the abrasives. So if someone wants to do proper justice to SwirlX you need a DA.
Old 17th July 2012, 18:01   #5980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if someone wants to do proper justice to SwirlX you need a DA.
So using Swirl X without a DA will do a lot more harm than good, in that case should someone who doesn't have DA buy and use Swirl X or its better not to use one ?
Old 17th July 2012, 19:22   #5981
BHPian

Quote:
I stay in Vijayanagar and UB city seems the best bet, but if Junction in Jayanagar gives a good discount i don't mind driving down and picking up most of the stuff from there. I'll get clay and other Megs products if unavailable, from UB city may be.

Have you bought anything from amazon.com and shipped it to India? I compared the price and amazon is cheaper by 1k, so its better buying it locally i feel.
Hi shashank,
I havent used amazon before,but it works out lot cheaper if some one can get you the products from states.I dont know anybody so my only choice is buying locally .For meguiars clay you can try BBimpex he is prompt .
For some urgent needs you can buy in JUNCTION he is very honest and friendly .Kindly avoid THROTTLE in jayanagar 7th block he is a big cheat .have been cheated twice.He quotes prices seeing faces ,his prices are not consistent.JUNCTION is also mentioned in meguiars india site.so you dont have to worry about the products
Old 17th July 2012, 20:30   #5982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not good. SwirlX works best with a DA. Doing it by hands causes more harm than any better. Since using by hands you apply improper pressure over the surface which could mar it, whereas in DA its a constant pressure all round with more rotation to do the work quickly.

On small scratches and abrasive, SwirlX does wonder. Helps to remove the most of it and even the abrasives. So if someone wants to do proper justice to SwirlX you need a DA.
Quote:
Ok, i'll skip the 915 and get the BF combo later. Also, how successful were you in removing swirls from your car using Swirl X by hand ? I heard the best results are if you use a DA.
SwirlX is GOOD stuff with hand. Hand may not give you the best result, but it still is very good.

Paint on my ZMA was neglected for 3-4 months and it had got tons of swirls. After SwirlX, it looked fab. Below lies the proof:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_9151-copy.jpg

PS: Its a 7 year old factory paint with no clear coat on it.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 02:50   #5983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
SwirlX is GOOD stuff with hand. Hand may not give you the best result, but it still is very good.

Paint on my ZMA was neglected for 3-4 months and it had got tons of swirls. After SwirlX, it looked fab. Below lies the proof:

Attachment 958161

PS: Its a 7 year old factory paint with no clear coat on it.
^No clear coat??

Did the pad/cloth, that you were using to work the swirlX, turn black?
Old 18th July 2012, 02:57   #5984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^No clear coat??

Did the pad/cloth, that you were using to work the swirlX, turn black?
Yes it did. Happens with all single stage paints.
Old 18th July 2012, 03:57   #5985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Yes it did. Happens with all single stage paints.
Wow! I thought single stage paints had been replaced by bc/cc paint systems , at least here!!

I've never worked on any ss paint system!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks